7 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

10 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

11 HOURS AGO Join the GL gram fam and follow us on Insta for pretty pix and behind-the-scenes snaps: http://t.co/Umf3MGtn7Y

COMMENTS

A blush-worthy punishment: How would you feel if your mom did this?

For centuries, parents have experimented with methods to teach their kids the concept of right and wrong. Every once and a while, a new solution...

I believe spanking is always a better option to teach that is was a wrong thing to do. It has always been around. This stuff is kind of outrageous because everybody can see it and you will be remembered as that person and you will never get the chance to correct your wrong if everybody keeps linking you back to that one mistake. And shaving the daughters head is more physical abuse than spanking will ever be.

by HockeyLuver on 6/4/2013 4:51:45 PM

I definitely disagree with this form of punishment. Growing up is tough enough. Add in public humiliation and a kid could be emotionally scarred for life, especially if said humiliation is caused by a kid's parents. If someone embarrasses their child, the kid will resent the parent. Also, this kind of punishment could, in fact, lead to bullying.

by scamp24 on 6/4/2013 4:33:11 PM

no! this is evil. they'll be teased endlessly which will hurt their self esteem even more. They could get a bad rep and be the ones who get bullied. that's not any better than when they bullied. andthe one with the girl who said she snuck boys in her house. imagine if other guys saw that. they'd probably tell her perverted things and try to climb into her window, maybe assault her. Problems between family members should stay that way, between family member. i mean if teenager gave these punishemtns to their parents saying stuff like, "my dad punishes without listening," or "my mom blew all the family money on poker.", the parents would probably have trouble finding a job with all that bad stuff being said about them.the rule, "do unto other as you would have them do unto you" really aplies here Caroline M.

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 6/4/2013 4:27:14 PM

This story was on the news like a year ago. Why are you so slow?

by ♥purplexing♥ on 6/4/2013 3:47:05 PM

parents cyberbullying their own children! D: unacceptable

by hermionegirl12 on 6/4/2013 3:45:31 PM

"Thankfully, spanking and other types of physical discipline are now viewed as child abuse." Except spanking is NOT child abuse when the child needs discipline. Of course, if a spanking leaves bruises or there is no cause for the spanking, it is child abuse, but spanking to discipline your child is not wrong. Temporary physical pain is FAR less traumatic than this kind of shaming, and does a better job of teaching kids right from wrong. Maybe if spanking weren't viewed as "child abuse," parents wouldn't feel the need to do this.

by sarah.sjworm on 6/4/2013 3:23:58 PM

I think most of the punishments might work but shaving their daughter's head is a little harsh.

by mooncool7 on 6/4/2013 3:16:33 PM

Those are all embarrassing and I guess parents think they need to take action to make a point. I wouldnt want my parents doing this to me and I dont think they would but if they were desperate and wanted me to learn a lesson because I wasnt listening who knows what they would do.

I would hate to hold a sign saying I sneaked boys into my room at 3am, that would be the worst.

by fashionqn on 6/4/2013 2:39:57 PM

This isn't the correct way of punishing. Is this the message parents want to give their children : that mistakes last forever and you can´t move on, and if someone doesn't do something you want him or her to do, humiliate them? I think that they can't force you to do something. If they did what they could and the child still does bad things, let them be and learn the hard way.

by maeugeniap on 6/4/2013 2:39:30 PM

I think that's terrible! Yes, it may work to stop the bad behavoir, but like the article said, those kids will be branded for life as "the boy who cheated" or "the girl who stole"! That will undoubtly cause bullying by their peers which, in some extreme cases, may lead to suicide. This is NOT OK. With dogs and cats, it's cute; with kids, it's just mean. But that's just my opinion.

by Actress-2-B on 6/4/2013 2:39:02 PM