Bridget M.

is modding

AN HOUR AGO 5 adorable party dresses for plus-sized babes: http://t.co/JRPUNoYxjl

1 HOURS AGO Yikes! @ChloeGMoretz gets hurt on set of her new movie: http://t.co/KkjBfgzpHR

2 HOURS AGO Basically 😆🎄🎁pic.twitter.com/h54JpnRRktnRRkt

COMMENTS

10 tips to stay in touch with your crush during summer

Three months may seem like a long time to be away from the boy you’ve been totally crushing on since September. But don’t worry! Here are some...

MOD!
I met this guy at a party on Saturday and we really hit it off. I used to go to high school with him but he graduated last year (I'm going to be a junior)... He's 19 and I'm 15. We cuddled and held hands that night and we've texted practically 24/7 since. I'm just worried about the age difference. He's a great guy and we have a lot in common and hang out with the same people. We've made plans to party together some more during the summer but I just need to know what you think... is the age difference too big? What would you do? Thanks in advance!

Hey girl,

When you're in your teens, only a few years can seem like a big gap. Maturity is a huge aspect in a relationship, so just be conscious that he's likely in a different stage in his life since he's already been out of high school for a year. It's important to still hang out with kids your age (like your besties!) no matter what.

GL offered advice to a girl with a similar question. Check out the article here: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2013/01/16/Dating-Decision-Should-you-go-for-the-same-age-or-older.aspx?cp=all

xo

Jess D.

by pinkypi26 on 6/11/2013 2:47:11 PM

my crush and i are kind of close. we video chat each other and talk all the time and when i was alone when i had a fight with my best friends, he was the one who stuck with me. he even told me that at least i have him if i don't have anybody in school next year. we even exchanged emails for summer. i don't think he likes me, but we're not exactly admit to being friends either. how do i make him like me like that?

Hey girl!

Sounds like this is a really nice guy, and he def knows how to be there for his friends. There's no sure formula for making a guy like you, but its important to show that you're interested. Communication is key, especially during the summer! (And e-mail is a good start.) Here's some GL flirting advice: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2007/11/17/Flirting101.aspx

Good luck!

Jess D.

by sohi105 on 6/10/2013 9:22:10 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
ok so for a while I've been texting my bf. and that is how i keep in touch with him over the summer. the only problem is that:
1. my dad isn't 100% about me having a bf
2. i text with my ipod and my dad took it away for, like, the rest of the summer. NOOOO!!!
and my bf had a family incident not that long ago and I dont know how to keep touch with him now. PLEASE HELP ME!!

Hey girl!

You should give your BF a ring on your home phone to just let him know you're thinking about him and that you're unable to text as of now. Talk to your dad about another option and see if he understands your communication probs when it comes to the BF. There's always e-mail, phone calls or even old-fashioned letter writing to keep in touch. If your BF understands, then he should be flexible. Good luck!

xo

Jess D.

by beautychic123 on 6/10/2013 8:30:55 AM

MOD
My BGF also happens to be my crush. He likes one of my BFFs, but she likes his older brother, and she doesn't know my BGF likes her. She even keeps saying that he might like me. I'm having a get together soon, and I don't want it to be awkward, but they'll all be there. What can I do?

Hey! fake it til you make it Smile just try not to think about everyone's complicated entanglements, smile, make conversation, and have fun. You can do it!

Helen S.

by Eve W on 6/8/2013 3:19:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD,
My "friend" keeps flirting with my crush, even though she swears she doesn't like him. She also swears she doesn't flirt with him, but she totally does. I've told her a bunch of times that it really bugs me and it gets us into fights but we usually resolve them, and she promises not to, but then, like a month later, she starts doing it again. She always expects to be forgiven cuz she thinks she hasn't done anything wrong. I'm really mad at her this time because its like the 4th time. What should I do?

Hey! well, I know it's really annoying, but in the grand scheme of things are you really mad that she's flirting with this guy, or is it that you feel that because she's not listening to you, she's not showing you the respect your friendship deserves? Tell her that every time she breaks her promise, it shows you that she's not considerate of your feelings, and that it's important to you even if it's not to her. It seems like she just might not understand why you're upset, so talk things out again. I don't think it's worth losing a friend over. good luck girl!

Helen S.

by Macaw4eva on 6/8/2013 1:55:08 PM

My crush has been acting so weird lately! He flirts then doesn't then does! Like when I first liked him I guess I did a good job at flirting because he got the point and was all flirty too. Then when our school had some fancy field trip, he asked to escort me even though he didn't have to, everyone was walking alone any way. A few months after that he was a bit mean and acted like he liked another girl and even said we wer just friends. Then I got over it but now he's flirting again(it's been like a month since he was kinda rude) he now talks to me and says hi all the time! What soes this mean!!

hey! he probably doesn't know how he feels and is just acting on the spur of the moment, one day he feels more like he likes you, another he's acting rude. so just roll with the punches but don't cut him any slack if he's being immature.

Helen S.

by fufucakes on 6/8/2013 1:45:23 PM

What are you supposed to do if you used to be really close with your crush a couple years ago, but then you never had any classes with him so you grew apart? I want to be able to talk to him again, but without it being really awkward! I don't have his number, btw. Thanks!

hey! The next time you see him around, smile and say hi. once you get re-acquainted starting up a convo will seem natural. Ask him how his weekend was or how his classes are going. You can do it Smile

Helen S.

by 5555fanny on 6/8/2013 1:30:05 PM

Mod mod mod
I would really like to go somewhere with my crush this summer. I was thinking about going to a water park. The thing is, I'm 14, and my mom says no dating until 16. My crush is 16, and I really think he likes me. My mom thinks my crush is funny and nice. She approves of him. But I think the only way that she might agree to let us go out is if he asks me out first. I can't be bold and do the honors Frown So, how do you get a guy yo ask you out? We've talked a few times, and he's made me laugh. Oh, and also, I don't want it to seem like I looked him up on facebook, so should I say to him next time "Hey, do you have a facebook? What's your last name?" (even though I totes know his last name. He doesn't know that I know it, though). Any more tips/suggestions you can give me? Thanks GL! Smile

Hey girl! I would say the best thing is just to keep trying to get to know him. Be brave and strike up conversations when you can. Building a friendship first is important, so be patient and have some fun! Once you've established that a little more, you can suggest a water park trip!

xo

Taeler L.

by isabellec on 6/8/2013 12:00:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hey okay so there is this guy and I have liked him on and off but I DON'T WANT TO LIKE HIM! But I can't help like himFrown I kinda thought he liked me cause he always looked at me. And then yesterday at recital I dropped my hat on stage and he got it off. But then to talk to him I said "Did you get my hat for me?" And he said "Yeah, but to be honest I wouldn't have, but Ms. Missy told me to... and I am kinda scared of her so yeah." I don't know what's going on, can you please help me.Frown

Hey girl! Sometimes you can't help who you like! My advice is to get to know him better and try to strike up a friendship. You can take it from there depending on how you feel! Good luck!

xo