1 HOURS AGO GL's top 20 fave nail polish colors: http://t.co/pM4hyH3vhw

2 HOURS AGO ICYMI catch @ChloeGMoretz in the @IfIStay trailer here: http://t.co/wUNpUVWwTd

3 HOURS AGO Snag top notch internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! RSVP right here: http://t.co/c0d0Hs8heN

COMMENTS

Help! A girl kissed my BF--right in front of me!

My BF and I have been dating for a year now. Things are going great, except there's a girl who has the BIGGEST crush on him! One...

MODMODMOD

I joined girls life yesterday, and neither my account or my comments have been posted yet. Help?

Hey girl,

It takes a bit of time for the account to be activated since we have a lot of girls signing up. And an online moderator has to read through each comment to approve it (for your own safety, don't worry!) before it goes up. It shouldn't be too long!

xo

Caroline C.

by Sportsbeautylife on 7/29/2013 1:49:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD Helen S. Thanks for listening and giving advice. Smile Meghan D.

by nutmeg2009 on 6/13/2013 11:21:40 PM

I don't understand why I have to be super duper respectful to my parents. I don't think I'm being rude to them I act the exact same way I would around anyone else. Why should I have to act different to them than my friends or other family? Why can't I just be myself? I don't understand why they deserve respect or special niceness just because they are my parents. So what I'm younger than them? I should basically act like their servant because I happened to be born after they did? Today in the car I was in the front seat and my mom was in the driver seat. She put her purse on the floor of my seat and then asked me to get the keys out of them. Why can't she lean forward literally 2 inches and get them herself? I have to get them water all the time and they REFUSE to get me water any time. How is this fair? I'm absolutely DONE doing a ton of things for them. This isn't a new feeling I've been like this my whole life.

hey! here's why: Your parents provide for you. They are responsible for you and it is their job, in addition to whatever other jobs they do all day, to feed you, take care of you when you're sick, and take care of many other responsibilities. And they don't do it because they have to, they do it because they love you. So, in return, try to be patient with them. It's normal to fight with parents, they're not perfect and neither are you. I'm not saying they can't be unfair sometimes, I'm just saying that when you try to look at things from their perspective, a little respect from their kids isn't unreasonable.

Helen S.

by nutmeg2009 on 6/13/2013 5:33:21 PM

MODMODMOD Lauren T.
I'm sorry if I'm buggin' you. I texted him I little while ago and told him to call me. He said he would once he left the beach. We actually had a conversation and it wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. He and I both hope we can be friends. We're on the same page about it mostly. We talked like friends, but I know I almost crossed the line because when he said text ya later, I almost said love ya. Thank goodness I didn't. I just gotta get used to being without him. I'm gettin' stronger.

Hey girl,

That's good news! Staying friends is a great way to go. Best of luck!

xo

Jess D.

by KenzieC84 on 6/11/2013 12:50:48 PM

MODMODMOD LAUREN T.
Hey! I'm back again. Today, I cried so much. I don't know how I survived. I'm probably going to call and talk to him Friday. I don't know how Im going to deal with not texting him anymore. It just hurts. I miss him so much, yet I know that he hurt me, and I don't deserve him. It has already spread like wildfire. My friend told me to talk to my teacher, because today, I saw a guy who was almost a spitting image of him, except with longer hair. I cried at the thought. Do you know, when I call him, how to hold back the tears and just talk to him? No matter what happens, he'll always be my Squishy (insider). All I'm asking for is some way to cope... Thank you!

Hey girlie, take deep breaths when you talk to him. That'll help calm you down. You might not be able to hold it all back and that's ok. It's ok for him to know that he really hurt you and he made a mistake. You'll find someone else who's way better for you.
Lauren T.

by KenzieC84 on 6/10/2013 8:43:03 PM

Unacceptable, have a talk with her now and if she tries anything else talk to your bf and tell him to have a talk with her. Kisses on your bf by someone else are wrong and she should know that.

by fashionqn on 6/10/2013 8:30:23 PM

thank you Lauren T.

by fieldhockey001 on 6/10/2013 8:48:08 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
So there is this guy that I like and I finally talked to him at a sports tournament. He always looks at me and smiles during practice. When we were talking he was looking straight at me. He got knocked down at the tournament really hard and when he got up he kept looking over at me. When they crowned to top three winners and they said his name and I started cheering for him he had a huge smile on his face! Does this sound like he might like me?????? Thanks!

Hey girl!

He sounds like a friendly guy and totally worth your time. To really know if you're crushing on each other, keep getting to know him better and invite him to hang out outside of practice. Good luck!

xo

Jess D.

by SuperSwimmer1 on 6/10/2013 6:51:08 AM

MOD MOD MOD. Hannah M.
I asked you earlier if it would be a good idea to invite my crush over to go swimming and I think I will call him once he gets out of school and gets into summer. I am normally not shy and I talk to adults whenever I am in a store or something. I am homeschooled so I don't get to be around a lot of kids my age so I am curious what to do? What should I do if he does go swimming with me? Show him my diving and my swimming strokes? Just talk? Or what? Thank you for everything.

Hey girl!

Just hang out with your crush like you would with your other friends. You could have a diving contest or just hang out at the picnic tables, enjoy a summer snack and talk to see what else you have in common. Don't feel like you have to show off to impress him. Just be your lovely self and have fun!

xo

Jess D.

by Volleyballcrazy on 6/10/2013 1:09:15 AM

... An he hasn't responded since. So my first question is: does he like me? And was the shut up serious? Am I over thinking this, or could he really be annoyed? We always tease each other!

by jburnett on 6/9/2013 11:16:22 PM