Bridget M.

is modding

10 HOURS AGO #Quiz—which classic Christmas flick are you? http://t.co/i0LF5xdOKg

13 HOURS AGO .@CodySimpson has some major exciting news: http://t.co/BsrYGeIaoe

14 HOURS AGO This throwback Christmas pic of @FifthHarmony is die for #SOCUTE: http://t.co/9GKHuKVpHl #5H #harmonizers

COMMENTS

Help! A girl kissed my BF--right in front of me!

My BF and I have been dating for a year now. Things are going great, except there's a girl who has the BIGGEST crush on him! One...

MODMODMOD

I joined girls life yesterday, and neither my account or my comments have been posted yet. Help?

Hey girl,

It takes a bit of time for the account to be activated since we have a lot of girls signing up. And an online moderator has to read through each comment to approve it (for your own safety, don't worry!) before it goes up. It shouldn't be too long!

xo

Caroline C.

by Sportsbeautylife on 7/29/2013 1:49:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD Helen S. Thanks for listening and giving advice. Smile Meghan D.

by nutmeg2009 on 6/13/2013 11:21:40 PM

I don't understand why I have to be super duper respectful to my parents. I don't think I'm being rude to them I act the exact same way I would around anyone else. Why should I have to act different to them than my friends or other family? Why can't I just be myself? I don't understand why they deserve respect or special niceness just because they are my parents. So what I'm younger than them? I should basically act like their servant because I happened to be born after they did? Today in the car I was in the front seat and my mom was in the driver seat. She put her purse on the floor of my seat and then asked me to get the keys out of them. Why can't she lean forward literally 2 inches and get them herself? I have to get them water all the time and they REFUSE to get me water any time. How is this fair? I'm absolutely DONE doing a ton of things for them. This isn't a new feeling I've been like this my whole life.

hey! here's why: Your parents provide for you. They are responsible for you and it is their job, in addition to whatever other jobs they do all day, to feed you, take care of you when you're sick, and take care of many other responsibilities. And they don't do it because they have to, they do it because they love you. So, in return, try to be patient with them. It's normal to fight with parents, they're not perfect and neither are you. I'm not saying they can't be unfair sometimes, I'm just saying that when you try to look at things from their perspective, a little respect from their kids isn't unreasonable.

Helen S.

by nutmeg2009 on 6/13/2013 5:33:21 PM

MODMODMOD Lauren T.
I'm sorry if I'm buggin' you. I texted him I little while ago and told him to call me. He said he would once he left the beach. We actually had a conversation and it wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. He and I both hope we can be friends. We're on the same page about it mostly. We talked like friends, but I know I almost crossed the line because when he said text ya later, I almost said love ya. Thank goodness I didn't. I just gotta get used to being without him. I'm gettin' stronger.

Hey girl,

That's good news! Staying friends is a great way to go. Best of luck!

xo

Jess D.

by KenzieC84 on 6/11/2013 12:50:48 PM

MODMODMOD LAUREN T.
Hey! I'm back again. Today, I cried so much. I don't know how I survived. I'm probably going to call and talk to him Friday. I don't know how Im going to deal with not texting him anymore. It just hurts. I miss him so much, yet I know that he hurt me, and I don't deserve him. It has already spread like wildfire. My friend told me to talk to my teacher, because today, I saw a guy who was almost a spitting image of him, except with longer hair. I cried at the thought. Do you know, when I call him, how to hold back the tears and just talk to him? No matter what happens, he'll always be my Squishy (insider). All I'm asking for is some way to cope... Thank you!

Hey girlie, take deep breaths when you talk to him. That'll help calm you down. You might not be able to hold it all back and that's ok. It's ok for him to know that he really hurt you and he made a mistake. You'll find someone else who's way better for you.
Lauren T.

by KenzieC84 on 6/10/2013 8:43:03 PM

Unacceptable, have a talk with her now and if she tries anything else talk to your bf and tell him to have a talk with her. Kisses on your bf by someone else are wrong and she should know that.

by fashionqn on 6/10/2013 8:30:23 PM

thank you Lauren T.

by fieldhockey001 on 6/10/2013 8:48:08 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
So there is this guy that I like and I finally talked to him at a sports tournament. He always looks at me and smiles during practice. When we were talking he was looking straight at me. He got knocked down at the tournament really hard and when he got up he kept looking over at me. When they crowned to top three winners and they said his name and I started cheering for him he had a huge smile on his face! Does this sound like he might like me?????? Thanks!

Hey girl!

He sounds like a friendly guy and totally worth your time. To really know if you're crushing on each other, keep getting to know him better and invite him to hang out outside of practice. Good luck!

xo

Jess D.

by SuperSwimmer1 on 6/10/2013 6:51:08 AM

MOD MOD MOD. Hannah M.
I asked you earlier if it would be a good idea to invite my crush over to go swimming and I think I will call him once he gets out of school and gets into summer. I am normally not shy and I talk to adults whenever I am in a store or something. I am homeschooled so I don't get to be around a lot of kids my age so I am curious what to do? What should I do if he does go swimming with me? Show him my diving and my swimming strokes? Just talk? Or what? Thank you for everything.

Hey girl!

Just hang out with your crush like you would with your other friends. You could have a diving contest or just hang out at the picnic tables, enjoy a summer snack and talk to see what else you have in common. Don't feel like you have to show off to impress him. Just be your lovely self and have fun!

xo

Jess D.

by Volleyballcrazy on 6/10/2013 1:09:15 AM

... An he hasn't responded since. So my first question is: does he like me? And was the shut up serious? Am I over thinking this, or could he really be annoyed? We always tease each other!

by jburnett on 6/9/2013 11:16:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
So I have this guy friend... I only see him as a
A friend, but I think he might like me. He always teases me and texts me, and he has asked me to come to one of his musical theatre performances ( we do a theatre program together). Every time we go to rehearsal, he always hovers around me. All of my friends say he likes me, an it's so obvious. When he got into this really good theatre program, he texted me everything as soon as he got the news, and said I was the first person he told. But then a few weeks ago, we were texting and teasing each other about white rabbit day ( it's this game we have where we try to be the first to tell the other perso happy white rabbit day on the first day of every month, and it's a little thing) and I won , and I was teasing him about about it, and he sends a text and all it says is "shut up", no exclamation marks or anything, and I texted back saying oh aha ill win next time too! So are you trying out for the next show... Cont.

Hey jburnett, I was waiting for you to send me the second half of your question, but I never received it. Did you type it on my profile, or yours? Let me know girly. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by jburnett on 6/9/2013 11:14:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hey I kinda liked this guy but he was so mean to me... I like him again but I don't know what to do cus he kinda broke my heart but I want him to like me.... Help me plz

Hey #1partier, you definitely don't deserve anyone treating you badly. Instead of trying to get him to like you, I think you should work on liking yourself. Confidence is so attractive. If you were truly confident, you wouldn't want someone who is mean to you. And guys really go for confident girls. So focus on yourself for a bit, and the right one will come along. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by #1partier on 6/9/2013 9:53:22 PM

mod mod mod
Ok so Iv'e been having friendship problems lately. Earlier this year I set up my two best friends (Lets call them A & B) and now we are all best friends, things were going great until recently when A has gotten like really obsessed with B and now A is pretty much excluding me whenever they do something and I feel really left out. They are put together in EVERYTHING and I just feel like I wasn't meant to be friends with them. I feel like a 3rd wheel, useless. Example when our school was doing a walking thing with partners i asked A a few days before if she wanted to walk with me which she accepted. then on the walking day she asks B to walk with her and when I confronted her she denied that I asked her! I really just want to be friends with both of them and for them to include me.B has been a true friend though.Should I just suck it up and go with the flow or confront them and if I do how do I do it without being to harsh?
Thanks!

Hey girlie, talk to them about it. You don't have to do it in a confrontational way. Just let them know that it hurts your feelings when they don't include you in things. If you think B has been a better friend then you should try talking to her about it first. If that doesn't help things then talk to A about it too.

Lauren T.

by fieldhockey001 on 6/9/2013 8:38:29 PM

I became obsessed with this show, and long story short, I really want to be an actress. But I have stage fright, and can barely talk in class, and I have never taken an acting class! Also, I went on this camping field trip, and I did a skit with my friends, and acting and making the people laugh, it was one of the best feelings I've ever felt. Do you think this is a good goal for me to pursue, and if so, how should I begin? I'm 12 btw, about to start 7th grade in September

Hey girlie, if you enjoy it and have a passion for it then you should definitely pursue it! Acting classes might be a good way to help you get over your stage fright and learn tips to feel more confident speaking in front of other people, like in class. If your school offers any theater classes enroll in those.

Lauren T.

by auslly123 on 6/9/2013 8:26:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hey I am trying out for my dance studios comp team and I need to improve my develop. Do you have any tips on what I need to strength?? Thank you boo

Hey girlie, I'm not really sure what your develop is. But if you want to be in great shape for your audition, you'll want to strengthen your legs and your abs. You can find great videos on YouTube that will target these muscle groups and be fun to do!

Lauren T.

by #1partier on 6/9/2013 8:24:13 PM

MODMODMOD
My boyfriend of 8 months broke up with me about an hour ago. He says it was because we never hung out. I had a reason. I had dance twice a week, and piano on Mondays. I kept telling him that I was sorry and that I'd work something out. I did. We hung out about a week ago, and had fun. I loved him with my heart and soul, and now this happens. He nevertexted me yesterday, only to say goodnight. He texts me this afternoon saying that he thought it'd be better if we weren't dating. I called my best friend in tears. She chews him out through text sayin' why'd you do this? You were the first guy she truly loved. You jerk. He also asks me why's Lindsey in this? I was crying and gritting my teeth. He also said he wanted to talk to me. I want to, but Lindsey and my mom say don't. I need advice, please.

Hey girlie, talking to him might be a good idea. It'll give you some closure and let you know why he did what he did. But I don't think you should take him back. He broke up with you using a lame excuse and did it through text. You can find a better guy than that, even if it's hard to get over him right now.

Lauren T.

by KenzieC84 on 6/9/2013 7:40:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hey I have a problem so my recital ended today and I am having a hard time getting over it. I'm really going to miss my team cause we are all going our separate ways. This was like the best year of dance ever and recital was amazing and I'll really miss it, I don't want to sound like a baby but how will I get over this. PLEASE HELP! I have been crying since I got home

Hey girlie, find ways to keep in touch with your team. You can hang out with them over the summer, text them or talk to them on facebook. Your dance team next year will probably be just as great!

Lauren T.

by #1partier on 6/9/2013 7:22:27 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Hi! I literally have a crush on my best friend. We hang out a every day, and I can trust him with anything, and I think he trusts me too. We have such a good friendship, and I want to ask him out. I feel pretty confident that he likes me. But if he says no, that would be a disaster. I'm scared it would ruin our friendship. I also don't know if I've been friendzoned by him, because we get teased a lot by people saying that we should go out, and he always says that we are just friends. Although I say that too Tong But also he says some really flirty things to me, like I told him that I've been rejected twice and he said "You've been rejected?". I dunno if I should risk our friendship and ask him out. What do you think?

Hey girlie, I think it's usually worth the risk. If you're as close as you say you are then it shouldn't hurt your friendship or make things awkward. And if he does like you, you'll be a lot happier with him as your boyfriend. Be really flirty with him to see how he reacts so you can get a good idea of whether or not he likes you too.

Lauren T.

by hermionegirl12 on 6/9/2013 6:42:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!
So I finally talked to my crush yesterday and I want to talk to him again but he doesn't go to my school and the only place I can talk to him is at Tae Kwon do which my sister does. When and what should I talk to him about???? Thanks

Hey girlie, talk to him about what he's doing this summer. And maybe if he says he's not doing a lot you could suggest that the two of you see each other over the summer.

Lauren T.