Bridget M.

is modding

4 HOURS AGO The one guy in class who's always blocking when your crush is around: http://t.co/x5eVoNBasu

7 HOURS AGO Betcha never knew THIS could cure your headache: http://t.co/7N2Zvgihsy

8 HOURS AGO The Grinch or Buddy the Elf—which Christmas movie is totally YOU? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/tB7jzg6gnZ

COMMENTS

10 things to tell your dad anytime (but why not now?)

So we helped you on what to say to mom, but how could we forget about dad? After all, he is the most important guy...

MOD!
I'm feeling kinda depressed, I'm not close to my parents AT ALL. I can't say a single thing up there to my dad, it's like he lived in the 19th century, I cannot relate to him or my mom. I get so jealous when I hear people talk about how much they love their dads and being daddy's little girl I mean I can't even talk to him, our opinions are always complete opposites, he doesn't know anything, etc. Same with my mom. I'm not even close to my grandparents. I don't know their names or how many I have and all I know about them is that they live in China. My parents have never been teenagers, they've never heard of Converse or Wiis or cooking spray or popular girls or facial cleansers or softball and I feel like I don't have parents at all. I mean I love them but I get into so many fights, they just don't know anything, I can't tell them anything

Hey girlie, when you can't turn to your parents, you need to find yourself a close group of girlfriends. If you don't have that yet, just start talking to other girls in your classes and try to get to know them better.

Lauren T.

by whatwhat on 8/4/2013 7:46:06 PM

Mod mod mod Im not going to give a life story but my disabled dad has full custody of me. Mom is not in the question. Lately his condition has been getting worse. I love him but EVERYTHING in our life is revolved around him. He doesn't listen to me no matter what I do. My dad is hurt I get that but now I'm moving again,just when I thought I found my 'home town', he is moving me to Colorado for all of summer and possibly fall and Spring. The climate is better for him. We're not even moving because of his job like a normal family(he doesn't have a job). I just feel he's so selfish and sometimes I just wish things could be different. He wont even let me talk to my mom's side of the family. I cant even go after my dreams to become famous because of him. Taylor Swift parents literally drove all over another state to help her but my dad would never do things like that. Because everything is an issue for him. I try to talk to him about this but it doesn't work.It just turns into a argument.

Hey girl, I'm really sorry to hear that. I think you need to have a serious sit down talk with him. Make sure he understands that you completely understand his condition and want to help any which way that you can, but you still need time for you because this is one of the most important times in your life. Keep trying to talk with him and I promise things will eventually work themselves out.

lauren r.

by zaw26 on 6/22/2013 9:22:41 PM

MOD
my mom jokes with me about my guy friends. she say stuff like "oh how was your boyfriend today" even though i dont have one and i dont LIKE any of my guy friends. when my dad hears what she says, he flips out and asks all these questions. i dont know what to say to him, so my mom tries to explain. but every time, it ends up to be a huge argument about me... this really bugs me and makes me sad that my dad doesnt really trust me.. what do i do?

Hey girlie, ask your mom to stop making those jokes. Tell her that you don't want it to cause fights and it makes you uncomfortable. If you ask her to stop, I'm sure she will.

Lauren T.

by <3watermelon<3 on 6/17/2013 8:34:03 PM

How can I get more people to join my club?

hey! check out these tips on how to grow your club: http://www.girlslife.com/page/top-10-club-tips.aspx

Helen S.

by redvelvetluv on 6/13/2013 8:59:23 PM

Oops! I meant club of the day

by redvelvetluv on 6/13/2013 5:27:00 PM

CALLING ALL HOMESCHOOLED GIRLS!!!!!!! Homeschooling can be awesome, but sometimes it's tough. Come join the fun club, "Homeschooled Girls Rule!" Officer positions Healthy Chica and Treasurer are open; just contact the president for more info. Come join all the cool stuff going on today!

by Ralinia on 6/13/2013 3:03:29 PM

how does your club become club of the day?
also does a basket of men's skincare products sound like a good fathers day present?

hey! yeah that's a great present, guys don't always take the best care of their skin, he'll be so pleasantly surprised! i think our editors pick club of the day Smile

Helen S.

by redvelvetluv on 6/13/2013 2:31:55 PM

How do you get your club to be club of the day?
oh! and do you think a basket of men's skincare products is a good fathers day present?

hey! i think that's a great present! too often guys don't care enough for their skin, it's thoughtful and he'll appreciate skin quality he didn't know was possible Smile I think our editors choose the club of the day

Helen S.

by redvelvetluv on 6/13/2013 10:32:17 AM

Our band trip next year is over spring break. I need money for it. There is no babysitting or any of that stuff to do. I referee soccer but I only have 3 games this month. I can't get a job any where else. What should I do for money (my mom told me if I was really desperate she would pay me to do a big household job, like cleaning out a shed)

Hey there! By the way it's super cool that you are such a hard worker, with that attitude I'm sure you'll find something to do in no time, so don't freak out. Ask your mom if she can ask any of her friends or co-workers if they need a babysitter or a dog walker. Also try being creative! If you have a talent, then use it to your advantage. Try selling baked goods that you make at home or even start up a lemonade stand. Like I said before, people always respond to hard working people so don't give up and I'm sure if things don't work out, then I'm sure your mom will help as best she can! Good luck xx
Jess D.