AN HOUR AGO Which British babe is your perfect match? Take the quiz now: http://t.co/PjkKIrbsRW

2 HOURS AGO Kick it with Annabelle as she bags the boy of her dreams in this new must-read: http://t.co/6TZzIKF99Y

3 HOURS AGO So excited to hang with @PeytonList today! What questions do you want us to ask? #peytonlist #GLpeyton

COMMENTS

What do you think: Will fining bullies' parents make a difference?

A Wisconsin town is taking the blame of bullying out of the hands of children, and placing it into the hands of their parents, the...

idk !!!!!!!!!!

by cutederosa on 8/9/2013 12:50:26 AM

I'm a bully victim since I was in kindergarten. I think that in my case, that bullies should be fined and do community service. They need to learn a lesson and not to bully anyone ever! I felt like crap and still do whenever they bully me. I considered suicide a lot of times but I remembered that God and my family loves me and will miss me if I kill myself. WE SHOULD TAKE ACTION AND PREVENT BULLYING IN THE FUTURE AND PRESENT!

by vbgurl99 on 7/30/2013 10:25:54 PM

i don't think their parents pay will do anything i think the bullies should do community service or something. I just hope that bullying will stop Smile

by aribear on 6/21/2013 12:30:33 PM

This is just wrong. Some kids don't have a good home life, and they may be bullying because of their parents. What happens when the parents take it out on their kids for costing them money? It's not even the parents' fault sometimes. Have the kids do community service.

by pariskitty11 on 6/17/2013 2:23:51 AM

This is stupid. Just cuz the 'rents are paying does that mean itll stop? No of course not!

by jmcheer on 6/16/2013 5:05:37 PM

Being a bully victum for all my life this might at least help even if just a little bit. I hope this helps with a functional relationship between parents, teachers and students alike. I guess we will just have to see if this new policy works or not. If it does why don't they expand it to every school in every part of the country? LETS TAKE ACTION TO STAND UP AGAINST BULLYING!!!!!!!

by Sioux on 6/14/2013 10:26:55 AM

how does it teach kids anything or punish them if their parents get fined? fine the kids, if anything.

by sarahaqua17 on 6/14/2013 7:14:49 AM

NO. JUST....NO.
Let me put it like this, think of a kid you know. If they were bulling somebody and you didn't know, wouldn't you just LOVE to pay your own money for it? NO! Not at all!
It seems also like a stupid idea to also raise funds for the city, much like taxes and such.

by WhiteStripe3 on 6/13/2013 8:06:58 PM

stupidest thing I've ever heard. EVER. thats so ridiculous.

by emroxlol on 6/13/2013 6:46:19 PM

if the parents are aware of the bullying, then they could be fined. but it's the kid's fault. As long as the parents are tryoing to stop it But if they didn't know about the bullying, they shouldn't be fined. I mean how is a parent supposed to know what their child is doing at school? my my parents ask how was school and what i did i say fine and stick to academics, and i don't even do anything wrong. teenagers aren't exactly very open with their parents. they wouldn't tell their parents, "hey I'm bullying someone."

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 6/13/2013 5:57:20 PM

NO! It is the kids that are doing something wrong not the parents and it's not the kids money so they won't be shown they did something wrong and have go with the consequences. It's like suspending a kid who did something wrong a school, they probably don't want to be there anyway. Pointless.

Jess D.

by cellphone1847 on 6/13/2013 12:53:29 PM

a LOT of parents are so naive when it comes to there children I'm not saying there all like this but most of them are they make excuses for there kids and say how perfect they are and would never do anything wrong if parents know there children are being bully's and harassing other kids they need to stop them not keep making excuses I don't care what the child's problem is it's never
ok to bully

by redvelvetluv on 6/13/2013 10:52:45 AM

@gemstone_smile5 No they didn't they weren't saying finding as in to look for they were saying fining, meaning to charge money.

by bonbon7810 on 6/13/2013 10:49:14 AM

umm... its supposed to be fining not finding. As in making them pay.

by emim88 on 6/13/2013 9:59:35 AM

I believe that if the bullying is serious like a child hurting another in a fight then the parents should be fined, but if their kid is just calling others names the parents should be notified by the school board.

by laineydorv on 6/13/2013 9:39:07 AM

Its not like the parents own their kids or anything. I've been bullied and it was eventually resolved...but anyway, the parents didn't do anything, Even though some people think the parents should have raised them better, parents have essentially no control over what happens at school, it is all the child who is bullying others. It isn't right to fine someone who had nothing to do with it. Most parents don't say "I don't like that kid, make sure he is miserable tomorrow at school." I've never ever heard of that happening

by kewauneegal on 6/13/2013 8:46:12 AM

It makes sense. Some bullies problems go back to their home lives. But I think fining the parents won't work; they should try to figure out the problems the kids have first THEN decide what to do about it

by puella94 on 6/13/2013 8:22:02 AM

@gemstone_smile5 No it's supposed to be fining, silly! They're talking about making the parents pay a "fine", which is, if you don't know, a document that says you have to pay money for something (like a drivers ticket), if the parents' child is bullying another person. We've all had our 'Derp!' moments, so don't feel embarrassed! Ha ha Smile

by LittleUsagiTewi on 6/13/2013 2:27:02 AM

They spelled finding wrong...

haha xP

by gemstone_smile5 on 6/12/2013 11:09:56 PM

This is a stupid idea its like blaming the parents for the child being too loud in class. Its not the parents fault if the child is bullying other children. It's the child fault. I do believe the parents should be notified of the child bullying other children but fining them for that is so stupid. The school should punish the child for their actions not the parents.

by HockeyLuver on 6/12/2013 10:48:48 PM

I think it really depends on the situation. If the kid is bullying and their parents know but aren't doing anything, then the fining might help. If the parents don't know about it, then the fining might not be a good idea. It's really entirely the kid's fault so I think they should find some way to fine the kids. (Not with that much money, but with something.) Ultimately, I don't think this is going to help very much. It MIGHT make a small dent.

by brookek99 on 6/12/2013 10:47:41 PM

by Emilicious on 6/12/2013 10:39:15 PM

This is really stupid...

by sammyy99 on 6/12/2013 9:19:40 PM

naww, i dunno if that'll work...

by rainbowvampire on 6/12/2013 9:00:50 PM

I like that idea, but when they create the law. They need to know what type of bullying is. At my school giving piggy back rides with your friends, will landed you a dentition cause it is considered harassment.

by RubySparkle on 6/12/2013 8:55:00 PM

I don't think the parents should pay because it might not be their fault because a lot of kids do it because other kids do it not because their parents are bad.

by cupcakecutie325 on 6/12/2013 8:29:48 PM

I don't like the idea. Though some parents may think their child is "perfect" even though they bully others, a lot of parents are definitely not like that. And even if some parents are unaware of their child's bullying, it doesn't mean they should be punished! Sure, when the parents get the fine they will probably punish the child, so they don't do it again. But still, the parents are getting punished, too. If a child is bullying others, THEY should be punished, and the parents should be notified. That way the parents can still punish the children any way they want to, but they don't have to take the fall for their children's behavior.

by LovePeaceHope on 6/12/2013 7:41:59 PM

Um, no! Their parents aren't in charge of what their kids do! It might stop it from happening in public- but girls know how to do it without everyone or anyone knowing! It won't stop it for many but maybe for something!

Xoxo M

by madsgirl155 on 6/12/2013 7:41:19 PM

No. Just no. Sounds nice on the outside, but the government already has enough control on us. They'll do anything to get more money out of people. Send the bullies the juvy for a couple days if it's getting out hand. Just think: kid gets bullied, someone gets paid for it. Regardless of the fine, bullies will stay bullies. There is only so much a parent can do.

by LittleUsagiTewi on 6/12/2013 6:47:04 PM

If I could,I would fine the bullies,not the parents.

by audz1199 on 6/12/2013 6:44:09 PM

The guy in the red plaid shirt has greasy hair eww!
most of the kids/teens that bully have low self esteem or are angry for whatever reason and like
to take it out on other kids bullying is wrong no matter how angry you are or even if you don't like
the person it's never ok to bully but yeah I think it's so annoying when parents
make excuses for there children if they know there child is being a bully they need to stop them
not be like oh no my Ralphie is so perfect! umm no

by redvelvetluv on 6/12/2013 6:03:36 PM

this is not right. I don't think that it's up to the kids to stop the bullying, I think that parents and teachers should be involved, but fining their parents isn't going to stop it. it is what the kid did, not the parent. the probably wasn't involved. bullying should be taken care of immediately, but not with more money. there could be suing, and fights. also, like I said, the parents didn't bully the child. the other child did.

by fiafia17 on 6/12/2013 5:49:31 PM

Bravo! This is exactly what we need! Sure, kids may be responsible for the bullying, but in most cases the real blame lie with the parents, who have obviously been too careless in paying attention to their child or have taught them to behave this way. Even if the kids who are doing the bullying grew up in a nice home with parents who care about them and their well-being, the fines are still a wake up to let the parents know of their child's whereabouts outside of the home. Kudos to you Wisconsin!Smile

by * Queen of the Fashionistas* on 6/12/2013 5:49:11 PM