AN HOUR AGO 5 book babes who had #awesomesauce summer jobs: http://t.co/fbg3ePO9v9

2 HOURS AGO @thegivermovie-inspired nail polish? Uhhh, yes please: http://t.co/uJ8yvZixZz

2 HOURS AGO We wanna know how you feel about smoking! Take the survey here: http://t.co/Yzh3fCJSPk

COMMENTS

I have an ovarian cyst. Should I be scared?

I’ve just been diagnosed with an ovarian cyst. Should I be scared? Not at all. Ovarian cysts, little sacs of fluid attached to the ovary, are...

MOD MOD

I need to start wearing tampons but I don't know how to tell my mom and I doubt she will let me because im 13

Hey nattyj<3, if your mom won't allow you, then you may not be able to wear them. You've gotta get her permission first chica. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by nattyj<3 on 7/22/2013 12:06:23 AM

MOD MOD MOD I noticed a bump or pimple on the bottom right side of my vagina and i dont know what to do. I dont want to tell my mom or my male doctor and i havent started seeing a gyno.

Hey girlie,

I know it seems
awkward to bring up, but the only way to check and be safe is to talk to your
mom. She’ll appreciate that you felt close enough to tell her and can help you
decide if you need to talk to your doc or not. It’s better to tell her than to
keep worrying about it!

Meghan D.

by lotsaluv101 on 7/11/2013 9:30:38 PM

Mod mod mod mod help it itches down there what and sometimes burns down there and i am to embarrased to tell anybody what could it be

Hey girlie, it could be an infection. If it's been happening consistently for a while, then you should see a doctor. I know it's embarrassing, but better safe than sorry.

Lauren T.

by girly girl07 on 7/1/2013 5:54:44 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod help i have a physical soon and i got my period a few months ago and am super nervous i know i should not be because my doctor is a woman but i still am and im to embarrased to talk to my mom about it what should i do

Hey girl,

Don't be embarassed at all. Your doctor will ask you about it like standard procedure- she's totally used to helping teen girls out, anyway. And its always good to talk to your mom so she can have your back. Every girl's been in your shoes before. It'll be ok!

xo

Caroline C.

by girly girl07 on 7/1/2013 3:28:01 PM

@Pascal3, a cyst is formed by bacteria under harsh conditions so it may survive (survival of the fittest). Once bacteria has formed a cyst, it is extremely hard to remove. So as @LittleUsagiTewi said it must be removed with surgery. An ovarian cyst is located in or on the ovary. Hope that helps. Smile

by smootches on 6/28/2013 8:52:44 PM

@mystery101 Hey girl! Here's some safe ideas:
1. Look for foods that are high in calories but are nutrient-rich as well! Reach for foods high in vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats, like whole milk,whole wheat, and starchy foods such as a potato. (In other words, not that Double Whopper from Burger King). Whole milk doesn't have any fat content taken out but still holds all the nutrients it's supposed to. Whole wheat bread is better than white bread because it has a much higher nutritional value. Starchy foods are usually packed with nutrients as well as calories.
2. Eat six times a day. No, I don't mean six MEALS. I mean eat three meals and three snacks. Pick up a cup of yogurt or half a sandwich inbetween meals.
3. As I've mentioned earlier, there ARE healthy fats! Plant fats are your best bet. Go for nuts, peanuts/peanut butter seeds, avacado, hummus, etc.
Oh, and just to let you know, remember: weight isn't always health. Smile

by LittleUsagiTewi on 6/27/2013 10:17:44 PM

@Pascal13 A cyst is a little sack filled with white, pus-like fluid. They're almost never life threatening but can cause a lot of discomfort depending on size and/or location. Normally they have to be surgically removed. However, an OVARIAN cyst usually goes away on it's own after a month or one menstrual cycle. They usually are found on the eggs that are disgarded each month. They only have to be treated if they're somewhere else in the ovary. Sorry if I sound all medical, but I figure I should just be blunt about this.

by LittleUsagiTewi on 6/27/2013 7:51:33 PM

So i really need so advice from you guys with my body. This summer i have notice that i have been losing weight more than usual. To me, that is a bad thing because i all ready am tiny by height and weight. I'm 5 feet 1.5 inches and usually weigh around 107. Right now i am 102. Is there any way i can gain weight in a healthy way? Could my activities be effecting my weight because i am a very active and energetic person? Please reply soon Smile

by mystery101 on 6/27/2013 7:43:35 PM

what does a ovarian cyst look like and what is it?

by Pascal13 on 6/27/2013 5:29:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD I was playing with my little brother when all of a sudden he yelled, "Bee!" I looked around and there was a bee on the window and it had tried to sting him. I hit the bee but the window busted and now my parents are mad!!! I also cut my hand but its ok. How do I let them know I was just trying to protect my brother? Please help! xx

Hey GL girl! The truth is, telling your parents the truth is much better than keeping it to yourself. If you tell them the truth about what happened, they might still be angry, but they'll appreciate that you were honest with them and that you were trying to do the right thing.

-L

ElizabethGwenn

by Nialler_4_ever on 6/26/2013 3:11:26 PM

how do I ask my mom to use panty liners

Hey GL girl! Don't worry about feeling embarrased- your mom's gone through what you've been going through before, and It's totally normal! If you're super embarrased about goint to her, here's some great GL advice to help you through everything!

-L

ElizabethGwenn

by iceelover101 on 6/26/2013 2:40:28 PM

I have a cyst on my wrist. Its really annoying and it causes a lot of discomfort. The most annoying part is that I've had it for awhile now and my parents still haven't taken me to the doctors to get rid of it. Mine clearly wont go away on its own...I don't know what they're waiting for. Its almost like they don't even care.

Hey GL girl! It sounds like you're super-nervous about this- don't worry. These types of cysts are pretty normal (which is probably why your parents are acting so calm about it). However, because you've had one for so long, consulting your doctor or talking to your parents about your concern is the best thing you can do. If your parent's still won't take you to the Doc, don't be afraid to talk to your counselor at school and ask for their advice.

-L

ElizabethGwenn

by Chloe<3 on 6/26/2013 2:06:54 PM

MOD
hey I need advice. so I have discharge and some times it's light yellow is that normal? also how do I ask my mom to use pantyliners because they are getting it in my white underwear and I don't want my dad to see because I live with him but I am more comfortable talking about stuff like this with my sister so who should I ask and how?

Hey GL Girl! Definitely talk to your mom or sister- older siblings or parents have been through this and can help you. My advice would be to call your mom or sister and talk with them about it. If it gets worse, talk to a doctor. Meanwhile, you can find great advice on Gl about how to deal with everything you're going through!

-L

ElizabethGwenn

by iceelover101 on 6/26/2013 1:58:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Very important please help. Okay so yesterday I get a really bad sunburn. And today I have pics with my dance studio and I don't want to be the only one with a horrible sunburn! Also my crush will be there. How can I get rid of it in time??

Hey girl! Slather on aloe and try to use Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Leg Makeup, available at most drugstores, which should mask some of the redness. In the future, make sure to reapply sunscreen every two hours! Hope this helps! xx

Hannah M