12 HOURS AGO Bust out a brand new you! How, you may ask? We have all the answers right here!: http://t.co/hC70M42weR

13 HOURS AGO Who run the world? Girls (& tampons)!: http://t.co/sF2jsA3yCU

13 HOURS AGO RT @Amber_Montana: Thanks for including me in your magazine this month @girlslifemag! pic.twitter.com/i536Du2w8k

COMMENTS

Lots of discharge but no period. What gives?

I’ve been getting discharge for a while, but no period yet. Should I be worried? Don't fret. Discharge is just another sign that your...

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I just turned 13 and I'm kind of a late bloomer but when I wipe sometimes there is clear sticky looking stuff (probably discharge) but I never see it in my undies I only see it when I wipe. Is it normal to not see discharge in your undies but see it when you wipe?

Hey girl! It's completely normal! xoxo

Kate G.

by mayag1300 on 8/28/2013 10:11:56 AM

by mayag1300 on 8/27/2013 10:57:25 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Okay so I'm 12, weigh around 90 lbs., and a frequent swimmer.I been having discharge for 2 1/2 years and I've had armpit, leg and pubic hair for 2 years. I swim about 6 days a week. Ever since February I've been getting very light yellowish brownish stuff. I have no idea what it really is,but it's been happening every 2-4 weeks lasting like 6-8 days then it goes back to clear sticky gooey discharge. I have told my mom because I'm not sure of it. I usually don't get cramps and back pain, but I do get headaches and breast tenderness.Lately I've been really mean, I got really bad cramps last night, lower back pain, I got a minor headache, and I really want some food!!! My mom said things like swimming and dancing (usually ballet) postpone it. But she got hers when she was 10 and she did ballet. And I really don't like talking to her about it because she always tells my friends all my secrets, so I need help???

Hey AshleyXtreme13, no you're fine girl. Sounds like your period is right around the corner lol. You're experiencing all the physical and emotional signs. Don't worry about when you'll get it. 12-15 is usually the average time a girl gets her cycle. But there's nothing wrong with getting it earlier or later. I didn't get mine until the summer before 8th grade and I was one of the last of my friends. You'll be fine! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by AshleyXtreme13 on 8/20/2013 5:40:57 PM

Im 12 and I think this month I started discharge. But I don't get a lot of it. Is my period coming soon? And should I wear pantiliners???

Hey girl! Unless the discharge is really heavy, no need to wear panty liners! You can get discharge for awhile before your period comes, so it many be soon, or it could still be a ways away! xoxo

Kate G.

by kickinitlover on 8/20/2013 2:24:31 PM

MOD MOD MODS MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
I HAD A LIGHT BROWN SUBSTANCE IN MY PANTS DOES THAT MEENN I COULD START MY PERIOD SOON?

Hey girl, yes it's def possible!

lauren r.

by styleislife on 8/18/2013 6:12:42 PM

Oh and I forgot I'm two years older then when my mom got hers, but I'm a swimmer.

by AshleyXtreme13 on 8/17/2013 7:24:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
PLEASE ANSWER

Hi okay so I've had pubic hair since I was 6, armpit hair since I was 7, pimples since I was 8, boobs since I was 9, discharge since I was 10 so that means I've had discharge for 7 months but I still haven't started my period do you think I will get it when I am 11 cause my mom got hers at 11 so what do you think ?

Hey girl! It'll come when it comes. There's no way to know, so just wait it out. Don't worry about it. xx

Hannah M

by momo567 on 8/13/2013 11:31:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I'm 12 and have had every single symptom for about 2 years. So for the past 4 days I have been having this clear discharge and sometimes watery. People have been saying that I'm ovulating. I know what that means but is it true that my period is coming in a month?

Hey girl,

There's no way to know for sure. You'll have to be prepared with pads, and a panty liner can help protect your underwear from discharge. But it might sitll be a couple months or years before you get your period. Every body is different.

xo

Caroline C.

by GatorGirl271 on 8/6/2013 11:43:02 PM

Mod mod mod
How do ik when you answer a question

We'll edit your question and put our answers in bold! xx

Hannah M

by Niallseyes on 7/31/2013 3:12:32 AM

MOD! MOD!
Hi, I'm 12 and I have been having a lot of discharge. Last night I had brown discharge but today it went away. Is my period getting close? I have been having all of the symptoms for 1 1/2 years. Please help!

Hey GatorGirl237, mhmm. Usually brown discharge comes after your period, but it could also be an indication that it's coming. Keep paying attention to your bod so you can be ready if your cycle is about to start. Let me know if you have anymore questions girly! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by GatorGirl271 on 7/30/2013 5:35:53 PM

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss your hand heart
4. Put the heart where your real heart is
5. Your crush will ask you out tomorrow
6. This only works if you post this to your favorite article

by shadowette99 on 7/27/2013 11:22:11 PM

Hi I'm 13 and I've never had my period, but yesterday night I got a lot of discharge is that a sign of it coming soon

by Tannyo00 on 7/19/2013 7:12:21 AM

Im 13 and pretty active. Every once in a while I get a weird boil thingy down there. It hurts when I squeeze my legs together or sit down. After a while the boil goes away but a new one comes a week later. What is this?

Hey girlie! I'm not a doc, but what you have might be an ingrown hair.  Next time you get one, ask your mom about it, or ask your doc at your BTS checkup.  They'll be able to answer your questions and maybe find away to keep you from getting them!

xoxo

Kate G.

by goldys44 on 7/19/2013 2:53:56 AM

I've had discharge for almost a year and I still have no period im 11 and I have had cramps, moodswings, and discharge breast develop hair downthere and on my legs I've had all but no period. Is that normal

by foxy roxy on 7/18/2013 6:41:06 PM

MOD MOD!
Do playtex tampons come in just one variety box? For example like just a box of lights? Because I've never seen a box of just lights! What gives????

Hey! You should be able to find something like that. If playtex doesn't offer it maybe check to see if another brand does. I know i've seen light boxes at the drugstore. good luck!

Helen S.

by LoveHappens on 7/18/2013 5:20:39 PM

MOD
I have the problem inthe article except I got my preiod in march and haven't had it since april. (I asked a question like this another day but I forgot to mention this part.) Thanks

Hey girl! Don't worry, this is totally normal- a lot of girls skip a few months after they first get their period.

Melissa T.

by april0405 on 7/18/2013 2:03:05 PM

I have discharge I get stomache aches after I take a drink I started growing boobs 2 years ago do you think I will get my period soon

Hey GL girl! If you get stomache aches after you take a drink, you should probably consult your doctor. You'll probably get your period soon, but every girl's different!

Good luck, GL girl!

ElizabethGwenn

by aries329 on 7/17/2013 4:04:40 PM

@nutmeg2009 I am sorry about your mom but everything will be alright. When I was 4 I had a hernia and I got surgery and I was better than ever. Plus the doctors have performed the operation before, so they know what they are doing. And I wiss Good Luck!!! ☺

by bforsyth on 7/13/2013 7:37:55 PM

@nutmeg2009 I am sorry to hear about your mom. my dad had a hernia, and it is no big deal. I am sure you didn't cause it. some people are born with a hernia in their future. I hope your mom feels better soon!

by cupcake_mutt13 on 7/11/2013 8:30:05 PM

Right now I am having horrible cramps!!! I don't know what to do for it. My mom doesn't understand and thinks I'm over reacting because she never had cramps. How do I feel better? I don't want to go to the doctor and she probably won't take me anyways. Oh and plus I take midol and it helps a little but what else can I do?

Hey! heat often feels good when you’re crampy. So either try using a heating pad, which you can pick up at the drug store, or take a hot bath. Feel better!

Helen S.

by nutmeg2009 on 7/11/2013 5:26:30 PM

Lately my mom has been having really bad stomach pains. She went to the doctor and we found out she has a hernia! I'm really scared for her right now! What exactly is going on? Will she be ok? What kind of treatment or anything like that will she have to do? I blame myself for it because I put I put stress on her!

Hey! I really hope your mom feels better! You absolutely should not blame yourself, your mom loves you and wouldn't want you to feel guilty. Your mom will be ok, this is a common problem, she'll need surgery, which sounds scary, but it's the best and safest way for her to get better. The doctors will take excellent care of her, and nowadays they can do the operation so well, that it won't even take her that long to recover, maybe 3-4 weeks. I think you should give your mom a big hug, tell her that everything will be ok, and I think that might even make you feel better too Smile good luck!

Helen S.

by nutmeg2009 on 7/11/2013 5:24:13 PM

CALLING ALL IPOD OWNERS or anyone who loves music!!! Come join the really fun club, "ipod owners" We talk about anything music related! Smile

by Ralinia on 7/11/2013 12:35:09 PM