4 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

8 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

9 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

People keep telling me braces are awful! Are they right?

I’m getting braces soon and I’m so scared! Everyone keeps telling me how awful they are. What should I do? First off, just ignore...

hey dont worry about braces, i will be honest yes they can hurt after tightening but you will get used to them.And there is a lot of food restrictions.but over all i like my braces they look good on me and not nerdy. good luck with ur braces and have fun with the color!

by lexlex on 7/31/2013 1:32:17 AM

I have braces. I used to be scared about them because i thought they hurt. I always thought they were dorky but i knew i could pull it off and if you could see me you probably would agree that they aren't dorky.

by TravelCrazyChic2012 on 7/30/2013 8:21:23 AM

Braces are fine, trust me. Sure, you have to limit what you eat and whatnot, but after awhile walking around with a bunch of metal in your mouth feels normal! Braces also made me pay attention to brushing and flossing my teeth even more--now its a habit! I used to have my canine teeth all the way up, like fangs, and my bottom teeth were sooo out of place. After 2 years with them, my smile is absolutely gorgeous! So whatever you may hear from other people, braces is definitely worth it in the long-run. When you get them, just smile widely and show those teeth! Good luck!

by penguin1312 on 7/26/2013 10:51:26 AM

MOD MOD MOD! Im going gluten-free since my doctor suggested i should and i was wondering what foods have gluten in them?

Hey GL girl! Lots of food contains gluten, so it's best to go for packaging that says 'Gluten Free' when you're shopping for food. Usually breads, baked goods, and snack foods like chips are the most gluten-rich. Keeping things like carbs out of your diet is good 'cause they contains tons of gluten. Hope this helps!

ElizabethGwenn

by smileygirl555 on 7/24/2013 1:11:14 PM

They're not bad at all. They hurt for a little while after you get them tightened but after several tightenings you won't even notice. And colors are always fun Smile

by 1corinthiansgurl on 7/24/2013 12:31:57 PM

Braces aren't that bad. The only is they hurt for a couple days, especially when and if you get rubber bands.

by cya19 on 7/23/2013 10:28:03 PM

Relax! Braces are nothing to worry about. They don't even hurt when you get them on! They are a little sore in your mouth the first couple days, but ice cream will help! Smile You also have awesome colors to choose from!

by AJScupcakegirl on 7/23/2013 9:35:28 PM

Braces are okay. If you play a woodwind or brass instrument it can be annoying though. i play trumpet and my braces cut into my mouth if i play for a long time. i use wax though and then its okay.

by yesnohellogoodbye on 7/23/2013 8:45:43 PM

Braces aren't that bad every time I go to the ortho I get different colors on my braces and it makes them look pretty

by kiwigirl777 on 7/23/2013 7:41:06 PM

Relax! braces are nothing to worry about! I just got mine three days ago. My mouth was sore for three days, but aspirin took care of that! I love my new look. You can pick cool rubber band colors to make your smile totally unique!
Plus, when you get them off, your smile will be twice as beautiful. Best of luck to you!

by sammysugarplum on 7/23/2013 6:50:07 PM