3 HOURS AGO Make sure your first school dance is a night to remember!: http://t.co/cpIIIDwyjP

4 HOURS AGO Got a bad case of dance fever? Here's all the homecoming advice you need: http://t.co/f1AVsQG1cd

5 HOURS AGO Get up & be active with your BFF this fall w/ these fab and festive fall activities!: http://t.co/sIdZZkduFe

COMMENTS

People keep telling me braces are awful! Are they right?

I’m getting braces soon and I’m so scared! Everyone keeps telling me how awful they are. What should I do? First off, just ignore...

I used to have braces and they r not bad at all Smile

by haleyiscool on 7/23/2013 5:18:23 PM

I got my top braces in december and my bottom braces a couple days ago. They hurt for a couple days and then they're fine. Once you get used to them you don't even notice them.

by fashiongirl43 on 7/23/2013 5:06:05 PM

I have braces right now. I got them 10 months ago! Sure, they hurt sometimes, but only for a short period of time, an nothing a little headache medicine can't fix! You can personalize them with crazy paired colors, too! One time I got Neon Pink and Neon Green! And they made my smile look 40 times better, and I'm not even done with them yet!!!
Best of luck to you!

by abbyrocks1998 on 7/23/2013 4:52:30 PM

2 of my sister's friends are in a fight. One of them told my sister what it was about...It is that one of them is a lesbian and has a crush on the other!The other one got really mad at the lesbian and wouldn't talk to her so the lesbian said she was going to hurt herself. My sister asked the lesbian if that was really true and she just said maybe. Do you think its true? And what should I do? (Its supposed to be a secret but my sister said i should probably ask the mods. I'm really worried!)

Hey girl. You definitely need to tell a parent about this.
Even though it sounds like a normal friend fight, it always needs to be taken
seriously if someone is threatening to hurt themselves. You friend may be upset
right now, but she will thank you later for helping to get her out of this hard
time.

Melissa T.

by kewauneegal on 7/23/2013 1:37:06 PM

Don't be scared of braces! I have them.... and trust me, everyone exaggerates about them. They don't really cause you pain, they're more just sore. Nobody really notices or will tease you for it. The only really annoying thing is that instead of going to the dentist every 6 months, you have to go there every month! That part stinks!

by Dionne13 on 7/23/2013 1:02:30 PM

I just got mine off and the year that I had them on for flew by! Just make sure that you take good care of them. Just think that by the time you get them off your teeth will look amazing!

by kindlekid on 7/23/2013 12:18:58 PM

I just got braces in may and it only hurts for a few week after when you eat. It makes it easier if you take pain medication. Don't listen to what they are telling you cuz If you don't get them now you'll regret not having then when you're older

by lillauraaan on 7/23/2013 11:59:57 AM

Getting braces isn't bad, the pain only lasts a few days and you have to brush a lot better, but they aren't too bad. And no one really cares if you have braces, they won't make you any less beautiful or make you a target for teasing.

by 1cindercinder3 on 7/23/2013 11:57:53 AM

Trust me braces are worth it. You will be sore sometimes but remember your orthodontist is there for you so if you have problems just call and he/she to fix it. Yes it takes years but it will make you feel better. Good luckSmile if you need to talk to anyone just click my profile and I'm always on hereSmile
Kelsey

by kas8897 on 7/23/2013 11:38:28 AM

I have braces now and, honestly, they're not that bad. Yeah, your mouth will be sore for the first few days. Just be sure to brush well, follow all of the eating rules, and use plenty of wax if your wires or brackets start to bother you. Trust me, it will all be worth it when it's over. I get mine off in a few months. Good luckSmile

by myfatsquirrel on 7/23/2013 11:07:14 AM