Bridget M.

is modding

3 HOURS AGO 3 ways to look adorably preppy this holiday: http://t.co/urNiJo8PPo

6 HOURS AGO 6 new Christmas music videos we can't stop watching: http://t.co/N2g6v5Tq9l

7 HOURS AGO Deck your nails! Christmas mani inspo: http://t.co/1YDVUPbPoR

COMMENTS

6 smart steps to fighting frizz

Summer brings sunshine and warm breezes and the beach, sure, but it also brings humidity—and that means insta-frizz for a lot of us. Want quick ways to...

Also, silk drops liquid serum is great. I use it everyday.

by msh12 on 8/12/2013 11:47:25 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!! I have been growing my hair out for about two years and it's insanely long now! So I thought it would be really cool to donate it especially because I knew exactly what it felt like to not have a full head of hair. But I have heard rumors that locks of love isn't the most trustworthy foundation out there because less than 20 percent of the hair donated is actually used for wigs. I just wanted to know if this was true and if you had any reccomendations on other places to donate my hair! I want to make sure it's going to a good place!

Hey! Pantene also does donations if that interests you. there's also Wigs 4 Kids. Good luck in your search. You're doing a great thing. Good luck!

Helen S.

by liltiger on 8/1/2013 6:19:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay so I have hair to my shoulders so it's not long at all. I need to get it long because 1) I love long hair and want to be able to put my hair in fancy hairdo's 2) I'm having an art show for my art camp on Friday and we'll be taking pictures and I don't want short hair! Please help! Any ideas to get my hair long really quick?
xoxoxo Zoe

Hey girl! While there's no natural way to grow hair inches in days (although you could try extensions and wigs), you can grow it longer over time, by gently scrubbing your hair in the shower (unclogging pores) and trimming split ends every once in a while. Have fun at your art show!

Melissa T.

by fashiongirl43 on 6/25/2013 4:56:18 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I want to go to warped tour this year but my mom thinks its to dangerous even if she's
There with me.How csn I convince her to let me go?

Lynae P.

by _mahomieforlife on 6/23/2013 11:20:52 PM

Mod mod mod
For my birthday lots of people canceled last minute how can I stop that from happening this year?

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could send out invitations in advance and then remind people a few days before so they remember to keep the day open. Happy birthday!

Meghan D.

by _mahomieforlife on 6/20/2013 11:16:09 PM

Modmodmodmodmod!
I would like to start a club but i dont know how, can you help?
Thanks in advance!

Hey! It's super simple- go to the GL site's homepage (girlslife.com) and scroll down a bit until you see "Create a Club!" on the left side of the screen. Click the purple "click here" button, complete the quick form, and enjoy your new club Smile

xo
Julie H.

by onedirectionlurve on 6/20/2013 10:05:56 AM

mod mod mod
Hi,
my hair is wicked strange. I have dirty blonde locks that go down past my shoulders to about mid-bicep, with just enough body to make it frizzy at times. It has some wave to it, too. So for our graduation dance, I was going to have a waterfall braid. We thought that my hair would curl easily at first, but wouldn't hold for a while and fall into really pretty waves below the braid. However, come the night of the dance, my hair wouldn't curl at all! Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks!

Hey girl! It sounds strange, but try straightening it all out before you curl it. This can actually help hair to be more manageable for the curling iron. Make sure your iron is turned up to high enough heat as well! Lastly, if you have another hair "disaster", don't stress about it! Just pop in a cute headband and go have fun!

Caroline C.

by penguin1312 on 6/18/2013 4:44:12 PM

These tips are so cool, thanks GL! CALLING ALL GIRLS:IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT...friends(ship), makeup, guys, beauty, health tips, and more please visit violet14's new Advice Queen page! Look for the rainbow flower icon under NEW Advice Queens in the Fun Stuff section. TTYL Smile

by violet14 on 6/18/2013 4:26:13 PM

Saturday I went to the pool and went out of my comfort zone I wore a bikini for the first time ever
can you reccomend me some cute yet affordable bikinis for a ruler bod?
I like fringe and tribal patterns Smile thanks tons

Hey girl!

There are plenty of cute fringe swimsuit ideas (and a few tribal bikinis) that'll look great on you on this GL article: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2013/05/16/Find-the-best-bathing-suit-for-your-shape.aspx?cp=all

xo

Caroline C.

by redvelvetluv on 6/17/2013 2:59:09 PM

the best thing I think is to go no-poo. my hair has grown SO much, the frizz is nearly nonexistant, and It feels softer and thicker!

by hahaha2005 on 6/17/2013 12:00:46 PM

mod mod mod!
i am mixed. my dad is white and my mom is black. so that leaves me with suuuuper curly hair that is super thick as well. it is just too much for me to handle sometimes! lol. anyways, i need hairstyle ideas because i dont like leaving my hair out. i normally put it in a side braid or a braided bun and i dont like it anymore. i also need product options. the stuff i use doesnt help me much. i dont like frizz and i want my hair to be long, soft and in control. please help me!
p.s. i also think i should use a new hair brush of comb. i use just a normal paddle brush now. should i use something different?

Hey girl!

Running a wide-tooth comb through your hair after you wash it will smooth out some of the frizz. Try different hair oils and creams to see what works for you. You can find inexpensive products at drug stores while you're still experimenting. These two GL posts can also help:

We Tried It: Hair Oil to Squash Frizz: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/07/21/We-Tried-It-Hair-oil-to-squash-frizz.aspx?cp=all

How to Fight Frizz: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/02/22/How-to-fight-frizz.aspx?cp=all

For mixing up your hair styles, you could tie your hair up in a pony tail (I'd recommend ribbon elastics to hold it up) and wear a headband or hair clips to tame any frizz in the front. For plenty more styling ideas, check out these GL links:

New Braided Hairstyles: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2013/02/28/4-new-braided-hairstyles-to-try-this-weekend.aspx?cp=all

84 Hairstyles to Try:http://www.girlslife.com/topic/hairstyles-to-try.aspx

xo

Caroline C.

by peace6767 on 6/17/2013 10:56:57 AM

by Emilicious on 6/17/2013 1:32:25 AM

MOd mod
i want a spray or serum that stops frizz but doesn't darken my blonde hair. Do you have any suggestions?

Hey girlie, John Frieda makes a serum specifically for blonde hair so it wouldn't darken your hair.  You could also try Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum.

Lauren T.

by colie34720 on 6/16/2013 7:45:42 PM

Mod! Mod! Mod!
My parents are making me get a job next summer, I will be 15. I live in a smallish town, and I don't know what job to get. I really don't want to work at a restaurant 1) cause I will want to eat the food 2) or I will never want to eat there again once I see the food 3) I will smell really gross! I could be a babysitter but there aren't many jobs. I could also be a lifeguard but it seems kind of boring. Any ideas?
(It can't be volunteer cause I need money for college)

Hey girlie, if you were a hostess at a restaurant it might keep you out of the kitchen, making those concerns that you have a non-issue. If there are stores in your town, you could apply for jobs there. Retail positions usually involve a lot of time on your feet, but they're easy if you're familiar with the merchandise.

Lauren T.

by Abbison28 on 6/16/2013 7:45:20 PM

Hi girls! If your really into fashion, you should join my club, Fashion Forever! I'm on GL everyday to answer any questions you might have for me!

by Shelby Love on 6/16/2013 11:02:21 AM