1 HOURS AGO Who run the world? GIRLS!...and tampons. Meet two teens who are changing the perception on periods: http://t.co/NJyhP2nt2Y #inthenews

2 HOURS AGO Oh, you thought water couldn't get any healthier? Meet our fruity and refreshing fixes: http://t.co/bguQmKYK3E #RECIPES

4 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway: 10 gals strut in style with a pair of Airwalk’s Parker shoes: http://t.co/exBiydHo2V

COMMENTS

Confusing crush? What his texts really mean

We get it. Putting down your phone for a sec is next to impossible, especially when you're texting your crush. Sure, seeing his name flash up on...

MOD MOD MOD!!
I'm going into high school this year, and lots of my friends have boyfriends. I am high honors, straight A's, nice to everyone, funny, I play 6 instruments and sing, I doing sports, I've been told I'm pretty, yet I don't have a boyfriend! What gives? Also, guys like stare at me in public! Help!!

Hey girl,

It's totally normal to not have a boyfriend, especially in high school when you're super busy with homework, sports and other extracurriculars. The best way to meet guys is to avoid games- just talk to them! Don't worry about trying to impress them. Stand out in the crowd by making guy friends first.

Caroline C.

by Rissa Kay on 7/29/2013 3:50:51 PM

MOD!as i mentioned in my previous comment(d 1st 1)me n my crush hav become pretty good friends just in 2 days. he actually pays attention to what i say and makes my feel happy ALWAYS except that he replies VERY LATE. he thinks im fun and an interesting person to know and i dont want that image to wipe off but i ran out of topics.we talked about all basic stuff like interests,hobbies,crush,etc.and even he says that first time in his life he has nothing to talk about.he uses alot of flirty emoticons and sometimes even hearts.PLEASE HELP! what should i talk to him about?? so that it keeps him attracted and interested! Frown

Hey again chica Smile I gave you some tips on how to keep up the convo. But also, don't forget that different people use social media and texting differently. It might be the norm for you to respond to messages ASAP, but others may see that stuff as something not super important, and they just figure they'll get around to responding later. Hope this helps! xo

Julie H.

by sprinkles1206 on 7/18/2013 8:51:46 AM

MOD! thnx for the advice! but i still have a problem which is what do i talk to him about? we're having vacations so i cant ask him anything about school Tong.. we asked each other all the basic stuff like hobbies, interests, socializing, dating, crush and now im outta topics.he also says that im the only one on his kik list so tell me something interesting to talk about so that he replies faster, cuz he generally takes 10-15 mins and its annoying! plz HELP! Frown

Hey girl! If the convo's constantly hard to keep up, maybe he's not the right guy to be crushing on. But everyone has a few awk silences here and there, so here are a few tips to keep his attention. We all love talking about ourselves, so ask him a personal Q or two. Also discuss gossip, movies, and celebs, because those things change all the time, and we could always use an update on the latest. And check out this article about the best ways to chat up your crush! Good luck! xo

Julie H.

by sprinkles1206 on 7/18/2013 5:33:06 AM

MOD!okay so i started texting my crush 2 days back on kik. we knew each other at school but never talked. he followed me first on instagram and i followed back.he spammed me with likes and even said im beautiful, aw.he asked me whether i had fb and i was like no and thn a week l8r i asked him for his kik and he says that im the only 1 on his kik list. we mostly chat till late night and its fun. we talked about all basic stuff like interests,hobbies,crush,dating and even appreciated each other so much.i told him that i dont have much friends but he said that its gud that i didnt change for anyone and he thinks im fun.he said he trusts me and even told me the he loves flirting.he flirts with me also and admits it.he is a lil protective and also told me that he also wanted to talk to me.he complimented me alot saying that im very pretty and hot and that im the best girl in my batch.i dont wanna jump to conclusions so CONFUSED! Frown p.s-hes a yr older to me n takes lot of time to reply Tong

Hey girl. I think he sounds fine, but I wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket, so to say, by only talking to this one guy, all the time, and not making more friends. Don't get too serious too fast, and make sure you're not doing anything risky. It sounds like he's flattering you a lot, which could either be nice, or creepy. Stay on your guard until you can tell what he wants. xx

Hannah M

by sprinkles1206 on 7/17/2013 10:40:00 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!

Okay, so there is this guy i like, and his best friend says he likes me. I like him, and we chat sometimes, once, i felt daring, and sent him a heart and a wink, and he sent me a heart back! Also, i gave him my number (eeek!!!) and he gave me his so we text sometimes too, but when i was in a group chat with my crush and his "bro (guy talk for bff" and his friend was being dumb and asked my crush if he liked me, and my crush got mad, he didnt say he didnt, but he sure acted like it, he was furious, and it took me and his friend's combined efforts to calm him down, but everybody said/says we should go out, including my crush's(i've known him for 2 years) "bro"(i've known him for 5 years)Does he like me???? was he just embarased? or does he really not like me?? or should i just wait for the next cool boy?? we r going into 8th grade, and me and my crush flirt alot online, and flirted alot during school. PLEASE ANSWER!!!! Im so confused and a little bit hurt!!
Oat

Hey girl. So I think he likes you and is just embarrassed, so I would approach him and explain that it sort of confused you and hurt your feelings on the group chat the other day when it seemed like he really didn't like you at all. This gives him a chance to explain without really guilt tripping him. Hope this helps! xx

Hannah M

by flyingmintbunny on 7/10/2013 1:32:57 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD I was watching a dress rehearsal for the show that my crush was in. I saw that for the the last part of the sang he was looking at me. He even ended the song in the same position. The next night, I went to go see the full show. That same thing happened in the same song, same part. He was also looking at me during other song too. The conversations that we had on the way were casual (seeing as it involved our parents...), but during those conversations I found out that we had a lot in common. My best friend (who is a guy) says he thinks that my crush likes me, but I don't know what to think. Last I checked, he liked my friend. What should I think?

Hey girlie, it sounds like there's a good chance that he might like you. And guys know how guys work better than we do. So if you're guy friend thinks he likes you, your chances are even better. Try to talk to him more and get to know him better!

Lauren T.

by Meg-astar on 6/30/2013 6:39:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!

I like this guy, and he might like me. Some of my friends think he does. Anyway, in my yearbook he wrote the sweetest thing! He wrote (I quote) "you are a beautiful girl, with a beautiful voice, with beautiful acting skills" Does this mean something? He is also really really close friends with one of my besties and my other besties twin brother. He compliments me and talks to me and stuff, but usually only in IMing. In person, he doesn't talk to me as much. He talks more to my other friends, and jokes with them (and annoys them) more than he does me. What does this all mean? what should I do? He is gone most of the summer but i can still talk to him sometimes

Hey chica, it seems like he likes you! He might just be a little shy. You should try sparking up conversation with him in person. Hope that helps! xx

jess d.

by violagirl115 on 6/28/2013 1:27:52 PM

Mod Mod Mod! Over the school year, my crush was showing me a lot of signs that he liked me. At the end of the year it became clear to me that he liked me; he was nervous around me, quiet, etc. when we were alone. He also seemed jealous of another guy who he asked me about, but I said no way and I kept telling my crush that he's way betterthan the other guy & I told my crush he's my favorite. All of my friends agree saying that he liked me. I decided to text him about two weeks ago and said, "hey what's up?", but he never replied. He's never had a girlfriend before and doesn't text girls that often. I don't know why he never texted back if he likes me. Should I text him again? Or does this mean he doesn't like me and I should move on? TIA!

Hey girl! Don’t be too discouraged yet- maybe your crush isn’t
the type of guy to have his phone on him at all times, or maybe he saw your
text a few days later and didn’t think he should reply. If this is the case,
try to go someplace you can see him in person- technology can be easily
confusing for relationships. If he still seems interested in you in-person,
then you’re good, and can see if he wants to hang out some time, alone. If he
seems distracted, unconcerned, or avoids you in a group setting, then it’s time
to find a new cutie to spend the rest of the summer with. Good luck!

Melissa T.

by Run4Life28 on 6/27/2013 3:41:12 PM

Okay, so I have this little group of friends, and I swear we do a BUNCH of stuff together. The thing is, one of them's a twin and I sit by said twin in science class. He use to always annoy me but now I think I like him. The problem is, two of my other friends in our little group got it out of me when we were playing truth or dare. Now I feel like I'm using my friend even though we've been friends FOREVER and I just started liking her brother. What do I do?

Hey girl! Has your friend said anything, seriously, about feeling as if she is being used? If not, you're fine- bonus points for thinking of others. If she has, made sure to carve out some quality time for your friend.  Go someplace away from her brother, and don't talk about him- at all. Make it about her! It's important to know that you value your friendship- crush on her brother or not.

Melissa T.

by Saturn4 on 6/25/2013 4:15:38 PM

I talk to my crush a lot online. He says really sweet stuff but he doesn't say them to me in real life. My brother saw his messages and even thought he was my bf. I don't know if he really means them. We're really close and lots of people reckon we're dating, some want us to. But the problem is, he's already dating someone but he doesnt like her. hes just dating her cause he doesnt want to hurt her feelings by saing no when she asked. I know this cause he told me btw. So Im really confused at the moment. What should I do? thanks! xoxo

Hey girl,

You should ask this guy to clear things up- he shouldn't be stringing you along while he has a girlfriend. Just make sure everyone's on the same page!

xo