1 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! Style up with a @joseeberhair flat iron: http://t.co/yUCoG5ztrA

2 HOURS AGO No time to tame your mane? Just bun it: http://t.co/p8ajs5UPn7

14 HOURS AGO Skip the scars and heal your skin: http://t.co/oZ1zJSC0Wc

COMMENTS

Confusing crush? What his texts really mean

We get it. Putting down your phone for a sec is next to impossible, especially when you're texting your crush. Sure, seeing his name flash up on...

MOD MOD MOD!!
I'm going into high school this year, and lots of my friends have boyfriends. I am high honors, straight A's, nice to everyone, funny, I play 6 instruments and sing, I doing sports, I've been told I'm pretty, yet I don't have a boyfriend! What gives? Also, guys like stare at me in public! Help!!

Hey girl,

It's totally normal to not have a boyfriend, especially in high school when you're super busy with homework, sports and other extracurriculars. The best way to meet guys is to avoid games- just talk to them! Don't worry about trying to impress them. Stand out in the crowd by making guy friends first.

Caroline C.

by Rissa Kay on 7/29/2013 3:50:51 PM

MOD!as i mentioned in my previous comment(d 1st 1)me n my crush hav become pretty good friends just in 2 days. he actually pays attention to what i say and makes my feel happy ALWAYS except that he replies VERY LATE. he thinks im fun and an interesting person to know and i dont want that image to wipe off but i ran out of topics.we talked about all basic stuff like interests,hobbies,crush,etc.and even he says that first time in his life he has nothing to talk about.he uses alot of flirty emoticons and sometimes even hearts.PLEASE HELP! what should i talk to him about?? so that it keeps him attracted and interested! Frown

Hey again chica Smile I gave you some tips on how to keep up the convo. But also, don't forget that different people use social media and texting differently. It might be the norm for you to respond to messages ASAP, but others may see that stuff as something not super important, and they just figure they'll get around to responding later. Hope this helps! xo

Julie H.

by sprinkles1206 on 7/18/2013 8:51:46 AM

MOD! thnx for the advice! but i still have a problem which is what do i talk to him about? we're having vacations so i cant ask him anything about school Tong.. we asked each other all the basic stuff like hobbies, interests, socializing, dating, crush and now im outta topics.he also says that im the only one on his kik list so tell me something interesting to talk about so that he replies faster, cuz he generally takes 10-15 mins and its annoying! plz HELP! Frown

Hey girl! If the convo's constantly hard to keep up, maybe he's not the right guy to be crushing on. But everyone has a few awk silences here and there, so here are a few tips to keep his attention. We all love talking about ourselves, so ask him a personal Q or two. Also discuss gossip, movies, and celebs, because those things change all the time, and we could always use an update on the latest. And check out this article about the best ways to chat up your crush! Good luck! xo

Julie H.

by sprinkles1206 on 7/18/2013 5:33:06 AM

MOD!okay so i started texting my crush 2 days back on kik. we knew each other at school but never talked. he followed me first on instagram and i followed back.he spammed me with likes and even said im beautiful, aw.he asked me whether i had fb and i was like no and thn a week l8r i asked him for his kik and he says that im the only 1 on his kik list. we mostly chat till late night and its fun. we talked about all basic stuff like interests,hobbies,crush,dating and even appreciated each other so much.i told him that i dont have much friends but he said that its gud that i didnt change for anyone and he thinks im fun.he said he trusts me and even told me the he loves flirting.he flirts with me also and admits it.he is a lil protective and also told me that he also wanted to talk to me.he complimented me alot saying that im very pretty and hot and that im the best girl in my batch.i dont wanna jump to conclusions so CONFUSED! Frown p.s-hes a yr older to me n takes lot of time to reply Tong

Hey girl. I think he sounds fine, but I wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket, so to say, by only talking to this one guy, all the time, and not making more friends. Don't get too serious too fast, and make sure you're not doing anything risky. It sounds like he's flattering you a lot, which could either be nice, or creepy. Stay on your guard until you can tell what he wants. xx

Hannah M

by sprinkles1206 on 7/17/2013 10:40:00 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!

Okay, so there is this guy i like, and his best friend says he likes me. I like him, and we chat sometimes, once, i felt daring, and sent him a heart and a wink, and he sent me a heart back! Also, i gave him my number (eeek!!!) and he gave me his so we text sometimes too, but when i was in a group chat with my crush and his "bro (guy talk for bff" and his friend was being dumb and asked my crush if he liked me, and my crush got mad, he didnt say he didnt, but he sure acted like it, he was furious, and it took me and his friend's combined efforts to calm him down, but everybody said/says we should go out, including my crush's(i've known him for 2 years) "bro"(i've known him for 5 years)Does he like me???? was he just embarased? or does he really not like me?? or should i just wait for the next cool boy?? we r going into 8th grade, and me and my crush flirt alot online, and flirted alot during school. PLEASE ANSWER!!!! Im so confused and a little bit hurt!!
Oat

Hey girl. So I think he likes you and is just embarrassed, so I would approach him and explain that it sort of confused you and hurt your feelings on the group chat the other day when it seemed like he really didn't like you at all. This gives him a chance to explain without really guilt tripping him. Hope this helps! xx

Hannah M

by flyingmintbunny on 7/10/2013 1:32:57 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD I was watching a dress rehearsal for the show that my crush was in. I saw that for the the last part of the sang he was looking at me. He even ended the song in the same position. The next night, I went to go see the full show. That same thing happened in the same song, same part. He was also looking at me during other song too. The conversations that we had on the way were casual (seeing as it involved our parents...), but during those conversations I found out that we had a lot in common. My best friend (who is a guy) says he thinks that my crush likes me, but I don't know what to think. Last I checked, he liked my friend. What should I think?

Hey girlie, it sounds like there's a good chance that he might like you. And guys know how guys work better than we do. So if you're guy friend thinks he likes you, your chances are even better. Try to talk to him more and get to know him better!

Lauren T.

by Meg-astar on 6/30/2013 6:39:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!

I like this guy, and he might like me. Some of my friends think he does. Anyway, in my yearbook he wrote the sweetest thing! He wrote (I quote) "you are a beautiful girl, with a beautiful voice, with beautiful acting skills" Does this mean something? He is also really really close friends with one of my besties and my other besties twin brother. He compliments me and talks to me and stuff, but usually only in IMing. In person, he doesn't talk to me as much. He talks more to my other friends, and jokes with them (and annoys them) more than he does me. What does this all mean? what should I do? He is gone most of the summer but i can still talk to him sometimes

Hey chica, it seems like he likes you! He might just be a little shy. You should try sparking up conversation with him in person. Hope that helps! xx

jess d.

by violagirl115 on 6/28/2013 1:27:52 PM

Mod Mod Mod! Over the school year, my crush was showing me a lot of signs that he liked me. At the end of the year it became clear to me that he liked me; he was nervous around me, quiet, etc. when we were alone. He also seemed jealous of another guy who he asked me about, but I said no way and I kept telling my crush that he's way betterthan the other guy & I told my crush he's my favorite. All of my friends agree saying that he liked me. I decided to text him about two weeks ago and said, "hey what's up?", but he never replied. He's never had a girlfriend before and doesn't text girls that often. I don't know why he never texted back if he likes me. Should I text him again? Or does this mean he doesn't like me and I should move on? TIA!

Hey girl! Don’t be too discouraged yet- maybe your crush isn’t
the type of guy to have his phone on him at all times, or maybe he saw your
text a few days later and didn’t think he should reply. If this is the case,
try to go someplace you can see him in person- technology can be easily
confusing for relationships. If he still seems interested in you in-person,
then you’re good, and can see if he wants to hang out some time, alone. If he
seems distracted, unconcerned, or avoids you in a group setting, then it’s time
to find a new cutie to spend the rest of the summer with. Good luck!

Melissa T.

by Run4Life28 on 6/27/2013 3:41:12 PM

Okay, so I have this little group of friends, and I swear we do a BUNCH of stuff together. The thing is, one of them's a twin and I sit by said twin in science class. He use to always annoy me but now I think I like him. The problem is, two of my other friends in our little group got it out of me when we were playing truth or dare. Now I feel like I'm using my friend even though we've been friends FOREVER and I just started liking her brother. What do I do?

Hey girl! Has your friend said anything, seriously, about feeling as if she is being used? If not, you're fine- bonus points for thinking of others. If she has, made sure to carve out some quality time for your friend.  Go someplace away from her brother, and don't talk about him- at all. Make it about her! It's important to know that you value your friendship- crush on her brother or not.

Melissa T.

by Saturn4 on 6/25/2013 4:15:38 PM

I talk to my crush a lot online. He says really sweet stuff but he doesn't say them to me in real life. My brother saw his messages and even thought he was my bf. I don't know if he really means them. We're really close and lots of people reckon we're dating, some want us to. But the problem is, he's already dating someone but he doesnt like her. hes just dating her cause he doesnt want to hurt her feelings by saing no when she asked. I know this cause he told me btw. So Im really confused at the moment. What should I do? thanks! xoxo

Hey girl,

You should ask this guy to clear things up- he shouldn't be stringing you along while he has a girlfriend. Just make sure everyone's on the same page!

xo

Caroline C.

by PeculiarGurl on 6/25/2013 7:49:07 AM

MOD
Over the school year, i was in a partner project during my tech ed. class. My partner just happened to be my crush.He asked me tons of questions and we got to know each other pretty well. Then, one class, he was talking to his friend about sports, something about the coach, texting more than coaching, and calling the team bad players. I then said, "Why is he coach, shouldn't coaches help? Not discourage?". Anyway his friend started asking me questions in a rude matter. I answered all of them on my own except one. When he said,"Do you even play any sports, lazy bum.". My crush got very defensive and told his friend off. Does that mean he likes me or just being a good friend? Thanks for the help.*By the way i do play sports

Hey girlie, it could go either way. Does he ever flirt with you or go out of his way to talk to you or be nice to you? If he does then he might like you! Keep talking to him more and get to know him better to find out for sure.

Lauren T.

by gigglerainbow50 on 6/24/2013 4:06:55 PM

I dont think guys talk and communicate like we do, so we cant read into what guys do all the time because they are just different. Sometimes guys seem to mean the opposite of what they are saying.

by fashionqn on 6/23/2013 10:49:54 PM

Mod Mod Mod I know that isn't for a little while. But next year I will be a Sophmore and I am afraid if people ask me to the dances. I prefer going with my friends but wouldn't exactly want to turn someone down if they asked me. The problem is the way that couples and people with dates dance. The guy stands behind the girl and the girl shakes her butt all over the guy. It is really gross and I say that I will never dance like that. What if a guy asks me and just expects me to dance like that with him? How would I bring it up without it being super awkward? Thanks Mod

Hey girl, that's very mature of you! I think it's gross too, because quite frankly that's not dancing at all. If a guy asks you, somehow make a joke out of it like "I'll only say yes if there's not dirty dancing" or "ill say yes if you actually dance!" Get creative, but make sure your date knows. There are some guys out there who don't like that kind of dancing either, or at least will respect a girl enough not to do it!

lauren r.

by 15hayhay on 6/22/2013 9:57:10 PM

ok there's this guy I meet at my uncles pool I first meet him when I went to the pool with my sis and her GF then today I saw him again at the pool he kept squirting me with water and trying to get my attention we talked a little and he kept smiling at me then I went to this Japanese
buffet after I left my mom wanted to go in this furniture store I saw him there too he seemed mad but he looked at me and smiled he does seem nice but he looks younger my mom said girls mature faster then boys but I don't really like guys younger then me well I never had a BF cause I'm so shy but I'm not attracted to younger guys do you think it's ironic that I saw him that many times?

Hey girl, could be a sign. Keep talking to him if you want to!

lauren r.

by redvelvetluv on 6/22/2013 9:24:39 PM

Really? those worries are really over dramatic and constantly texting him when he doesn't text back right away is annoying and gonna make him not wanna talk to you text him once and if he doesn't text back oh well

by Dizzy Little Dreamer on 6/22/2013 7:22:32 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Hi! A lot of people have been asking me if I would be okay with my boyfriend kissing me. I can think of five people in the last three days who asked. Even my friend did! They say that he said he wants to, but is scared I don't. I kissed his cheek about a week ago, so I assumed that that would be a green light. Do you think he actually wants to, or people are just saying that? Before my friend asked me, I was walking around the corner and she was talking to him and I heard her say, "Hey! It's okay! I'll ask her for you!" followed by him trying to pull her away from me because she was coming up to me to ask me for him. She did, and I answered honestly, but made her promise not to tell.

Hey! this is just one of those things you and your bf need to talk out. Involving friends will just make it more confusing. the next time you want to kiss, just ask if he wants to. That's the right thing to do. It may seem awkward, but it's an important personal conversation. I know you can do it Smile

Helen S.

by hermionegirl12 on 6/22/2013 9:44:30 AM

girls that get this worried about what guys text them are extremely annoying and clingy Tong

by hermionegirl12 on 6/22/2013 9:36:31 AM

so my newish guy friend has been emailing me lately. like, a LOT. we have been making plans to go to the movies and stuff. i saw him yesterday at graduation (we were not graduating) and he was like, "so, what's new?" and when i said not much he asked if i was sure, then kind of walked away. he does this a lot at school functions. my mom said that at the recent awards ceremony, he was watching me after when i was talking to my friends, like he wanted to talk to me but he didn't... he also has not emailed me since last night, but it's still kind of early...

Hey! Yeah, it could be that he likes you, these are definitely some signs. Just wait and see what else happens. Could be he's not sure how he feels and is just flirting a bit. Do you think you might like him?

Helen S.

by the_last_ninja on 6/22/2013 9:27:36 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
okay my best guy friend and me or considered twins since we are like the opposite gender version of eachother. Well one day he said: "if i never met Sammy (his current crush) i would totally like you" I didn't really understand but just never brought it up. And then today we texted and he had to go to practice and he came back and said "Im back babyLaughing" I'm so confused. He told sammy he liked her but sammy never replied him and she told me she didnt like him. I dont like my guy friend in that way, just confused on how he feels about me. Help?

hey! It sounds like he has feelings for you but doesn't quite know how to tell you, so he's dropping hints. If you don't feel the same way, try dropping hints back that you're not interested and just want to be friends. Good luck!

Helen S.

by clll4321 on 6/22/2013 4:16:31 AM

There's this guy who I recently started texting and I think we both like each other. We've been sending cute faces and hearts with our messages and he's being super sweet! I want to go to the movies with him, but he is going on vacation soon and doesn't have time to do anything before. What can I do to make him still want to talk to me and hang out with me when he gets back? I don't want to seem too pushy texting him all the time while he's on vacation, so how can I stay in his brain?

hey! Just be sure to give him a call when he gets back to ask about his trip. If he's not thinking about you before he will then Smile good luck!

Helen S.

by Scooby239 on 6/22/2013 1:59:40 AM

Lately, my boyfriend and I have been feeling pretty distant. We barely talk due to his summer job and my babysitting. It doesn't help that he lives two states away. How can we not be this way? Help please. :C

hey! You should try skyping or video chatting. it'll help you stay in touch and you'll actually get to see him that way. Hope this helps!

Helen S.