2 HOURS AGO Setting the alarm to wake up for school tomorrow *crying a little inside*

2 HOURS AGO BTS shopping already done? We know a true fashionista is never REALLY done shopping, especially for fall!: http://t.co/aoMznFbTBq

4 HOURS AGO Favorite if you put off your homework until last minute on sunday! #Procrastinator #AndIllDoItAgain

COMMENTS

I'm pretty much friendless--help!

I have been having feelings for girls for a long time and I’m starting to think I’m a lesbian. A few months ago at school, I...

Having major mayhem with homework or are you struggling with relationships of any sorts. Than I am the one to ask for help!

by zhalia103 on 7/11/2013 10:48:27 AM

MOD MOD MOD! School is starting soon so that means its time to start buying new clothes! One problem though, the school I go to has a uniform policy and a strict dress code. My friends and I try our best to "dress up" our uniforms so we can show our individuality. Were running out of old ideas and need some new ones! Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks for all your help! ~JordanSmile

Hey girl,

Just make sure you're still following the dress code so your fab style doesn't get you in trouble. Try painting your nails, adding hair accessories (like clips, ribbons, head bands, hair scarves, etc), bracelets and statement earrings. It's all about the accessories and cute backpack or messenger bag to carry your books.

xo

Caroline C.

by jojob1579 on 7/8/2013 4:03:08 PM

My birthday is coming up and i don't know what to ask for. I kinda want a another cell phone but if i ask for a new i think i will sound spoiled because i just got a cell phone not to long ago. I really don't wanna sound spoiled. What am i supposed to do?

Hey! maybe you could ask for stuff to jazz up the phon you have, like bedazzling stickers or if you can get apps/music for it a gift card for those things. hope this helps!

Helen S.

by purple29801 on 7/4/2013 7:54:14 PM

So I'm currently going out with a guy that I have been with two times already. We are secretly dating at the moment because we have a crazy past. I'm going to be a freshman next year and I'm trying to decide if I want to start fresh and break up with him. I really care about my boyfriend but I'm wondering if there will be better guys in high school. PLEASE HELP

Hey chica! It's never a good idea to dump someone in the hopes that someone better will come along, whether it's a bestie or a BF. But it sounds like you're also doubting the relationship. Try to find the real reason why you're not pumped to stay with your guy, and then make a decision based on that. But def don't dump him just to keep your high school options open. If you're not sure how you feel, be honest with your BF. Maybe it's best to keep him as a BGF for now.

xo

Julie H.

by lolgirl0192 on 7/4/2013 9:57:40 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I need advice. I'm incapable of having a relationship, or a long term one anyways. I've missed out on dating guys that I like or I've broken up with guys that I do still like just because im afraid of getting hurt. If there's any sign at all like its not gonna work, I leave quickly so that he doesn't have a chance to leave me. I've tried really hard not to be this way, but I cant, its just instinct for me to protect my self. Do you have any advice on how I can over come this?
P.s im 16 if that makes a difference

Hey girl! It's sad that you're missing out by trying to protect your heart. But there's a saying that it's "better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"- and it's totally true! You'll definitely get hurt a few times, but the memories and the lessons you'll get from being a GF are really important and will help ya out in the future. So next time you find a super good guy who really cares about you, take a chance and go for it! It's okay if things don't work out, and it's even okay to get dumped (it happens to everyone!) If you two have to end things, focus on what you learned from the experience rather than thinking about the heartbreak. Good luck Smile

xo

Julie H.

by sweetswimmie on 7/4/2013 1:18:30 AM

MOD MOD MOD! Urgent: This problem is probably more petty and less dangerous than losing all your friends or struggling with eating disorders, but it sure means nearly the end of the world to a 13 year old like me. My friend is a very unique one. Her birthday is coming in a week, and I fear the day for my life. Why? Her theme is Karaoke. My problem with it is that she has personally selected me to sing 80s songs with her, because I knew only a couple of them from my mom before. She is a massive 80s pop fan, but not of the cool, eternally-good hits, the really, HORRIBLY EMBARRASSING ones. And I don't know the words to any one of them. I can't ask her to get a different CD because they are too expensive and it would break her heart. If I sing these songs at the party, I will single handedly, most likely lose a chance of faring well with her cousins, who happen to be the classmates that I will be sitting with in my new school next year. PLEASE HELP ME.

Hey GL girl! Don't worry- even small problems like this can feel super serious! If you're embarrassed about singing badly, try to look up some of the songs she likes on youtube in your free time so you'll know some of the songs and lyrics. And don't worry about looking bad- if you act comforatable with yourself and laugh at yourself if you mess up, people will feel more comforatable around you. Laughing at yourself is sometimes good, and being yourself is the most important of all!

Good luck, GL girl!

ElizabethGwenn

by Vintage_Me123 on 7/3/2013 4:26:39 PM

Mod mod mod
Eveyone says im not fat, but i feel fat all the time! A few years ago, i had a eating disorder! And im afraid its coming back!!!!!!! Please help me

Talk to your doctor or your mom (or both), and they will help you out. You're not fat, and you're gorgeous, so don't be so down on yourself. Tell an adult you trust and they'll understand and help you. Hope this helps! xx

Hannah M

by Annelie on 7/3/2013 12:21:35 PM

Some of my friends are bisexual and lesbian and have come right and told me so, I personally have no problem with it and I will remain friends with those people regardless of that.
Unfortunately people are just so mean, you do not have to agree with homosexuality but do not make fun of someone for that. I'm horrified to hear that anyone in the 21st Century has to deal with this.

by Summalovin on 7/3/2013 6:17:48 AM

How can you ask a question to "dear carol"? Please help

Hey girl! You can write Carol at:

c/o Girls Life

4529 Harford Road

Baltimore, MD  21214

Include an envelope pre-addressed with a stamp if you want a reply!

A quicker was is to write MOD MOD MOD at the begginning of a question on a post, and Girls Life will have mods answer you. Good luck!

Melissa T.

by knightreader on 7/2/2013 1:01:10 PM

I come from a really pure family, my parents hate swearing, tight pants, low shirts, etc. And my little sister has been posting inappropriate stuff and swearing on her Twitter. This isn't the first time she's done this should I tell my mom? She even said some things about me but not my name directly and they were hurtful. If I talk to my sister she would start screaming.

Hey girlie, if you talk to your mom, make sure that you tell her not to tell your sister that you told her. You don't want your sister to be mad at you for getting her in trouble. But you should probably say something. When you put something online it never goes away. And it's not good for your sister's online reputation to be a bad one.

Lauren T.

by hinatagal on 7/1/2013 8:32:26 PM

I'm addicted to the internet. I'm spending five to six, sometimes more, hours on my phone on youtube and twitter and stuff like that. It's affecting my social life. A LOT. My friends have started to think that I'd rather stay home and be online instead of with them. My parents are telling me to delete my twitter, thinking maybe that would help, but I have some really close friends I've met through twitter (which sounds kinda bad with all the perverts online) that I can trust with my secrets and that they won't tell everyone at school about them. I want to find ways to limit my internet time without separating myself from those friends and also spending more time with my real-life friends. Any ideas?

Hey girlie, start limiting yourself slowly. This week spend an hour less online. The next week cut out another hour. Get yourself down to just two hours or so a day. You can talk to your online friends that way and still have time for your real life friends and your family.

Lauren T.

by merlbookworm on 7/1/2013 5:37:01 PM

I am so sorry that your classmates are being so puerile and immature about your sexuality. Know that you are beautiful and awesome just the way you are and if your "friends" aren't able to see that right now, then they don't deserve you. Don't let them see that their comments bother you and they'll end up admiring your confidence. Things will get better soon--they always do! Stay strong xoxo

by lucy143247 on 7/1/2013 2:29:07 PM

So sorry they're treating you like that girl! Stay strong

by aki2000 on 7/1/2013 2:10:49 PM