4 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

5 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

5 HOURS AGO Me when I hear people talking trash about my favorite celeb #fangirl #5ever http://t.co/Ne18MXCILD

COMMENTS

So your parents are super controlling? Here's how to deal

We know that parents can be unfair sometimes. Don’t worry, babes, we’ve got the 4-1-1 on how to show your parents that you’re mature enough...

So my parents are always looking out for me and they love me soo much. But sometimes I wish that thy lt me do things that other kids my age do like go to the mall or the movies and have and go to sleepovers. They trust me enough to let me babysit my younger siblings (I'm 12) but they won't let me go to sleepovers. Sometimes I'm to scared to even ask thanx

hey! you just have to sit down with them and talk about why they don't want you to go. Tell them you feel mature enough, and ask what it will take to convince them you're ready. Compromise is the key. good luck, girl!

Helen S.

by GoldenCupcake13 on 8/31/2013 5:02:33 PM

I wanted to know how to ask my parents to let me put videos on youtube, my videos are gonna be songs' covers, I really want them to say yes to me!
One tip about my parents:
My parents are just very super controlling and so super protective about the way I dress. I shouldn't show a bit of skin and ...

by DtcS.Rihanna on 8/28/2013 4:02:28 PM

I really want to start wearing make up but I don't know how to ask I've tried so much but when my mom goes into this pemp talk and makes me feel bad and all I want is a yes or no. MOD MOD MOD

Hey Pandacupcake123, mhmm let's see. . . . .The next time you go shopping with your mom, bring her a few of the products  you'd like to try out. Grab mascara, eye liner and everything else and say "How do you think these would look on me?" or something like that. That way she can tell you flat out if she'd like you to wear makeup or not. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Pandacupcake123 on 8/6/2013 5:04:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
so I was invited to this church thing called the Harvest Crusade with some fellow jr highers at my church, and at first my mom said no becaus we couldn't afford it but then my pastor said he'd give me a scholarship for it and my mom is saying that she has to meet all the ppl going and then after that she will make her decision and if it's no I have to except it... but I want to go to this SO BAD. how can I show her how much I really wanna go? I mean, it's church... she trusts them. please help me I want this so much! besides I really need the time with The Lord. how do I show her that?

Hey girl! Explain to your mom that this trip means a lot to you and that you feel like it will help you with your spirituality.  If you're comfortable with him, ask your pastor to also talk to her about what a great opportunity it will be for you.  If she says no, you'll have to respect her decision.  If you get upset and fight with her, she's less likely to even consider letting you do stuff like this in the future. Good luck!

Kate G.

by Maegan13 on 8/6/2013 3:31:53 AM

MOD MOD MOD!

My parents are really protective and wont let me grow up. they wont let me wear makeup, short shorts, and anything that shows any skin. I don't want to wear really short shorts or anything like that, but i wish they would let me buy things i want to wear. how do i talk to them and tell them im not their little girl anymore?

by soccerguuurl on 8/1/2013 7:18:13 PM

I am really struggling with my mother. She is over protective (like I have to stay within her sight at the store and if she cant see me she's yelling my name across the store. She also buys me the least amount of clothes possible. she pretty much lives off of 2 pairs of jeans for work and she expects me too to. My mom gets pissed at me when I don't get the cheapest brand possible. She is a tomboy and pushes me to be one. I am not allowed to have a boyfriend and she thinks the idea of me going alone with a guy is stupid. I think she is overly concerned I will get kidnaped/raped. I would gladly take that risk for more freedom. She cant accept that I want to grow up. Any time I try to talk about any of these things she gets pissed and lectures me so I usually just shut up and let her talk. This is REALLY getting on my nerves. I tried not to exaggerate too much but is this bad. I really need help with this and appreciate any advice I am given.

Hey girl! I know it might feel like your mom is being over protective, but she's only doing it because she loves you.  It sounds like you two disagree on a lot of different things, so try focusing on some of the smaller problems first instead of trying to get her to see everything your way.   Start by calmly explaining to her that you are more girly than tomboy and ask if you can go shopping with her and pick out one or two pieces that you feel really shows off your style.  Also, it's understandable that your mom is nervous about sending her daughter out alone with a boy- lots of parents are!  Try compromising by going out with a group or asking your mom if a guy can come over and watch a movie at your house.  That gives you time with them without having to be all alone.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by mellowdog on 8/1/2013 1:38:00 AM

Until recently ((I'm 12)) my grandma wouldn't let me watch spongebob, and still now she doesn't really like the fact that I do watch it. Talk about over-protective!

by adeleeevee on 7/30/2013 7:59:47 PM

My mom was so strict when I was younger, she still kind of is compared to my friends and she seems to be the mom who always asks questions, like when I go to sleepovers, are guys going to be there? When I go to the movies with friends, what are we going to see? When I am at home she isnt as concerned. Like some of the stuff I watch on HBO and cable, she would never let me watch before.

She still doesnt like Tumblr because of all the sex related tumlbr pages but she understands whats out there. The good thing is she doesnt mind me being online in the privacy of my bedroom and I like that.

by fashionqn on 7/15/2013 3:24:01 PM

both my parents say i cant have a bf till im 18 my mom said its because she doesn't want me to be heartbroken n when i try to ask my dad he doesn't answer or he says just because or because i said so. n i really like some1 n he really likes me too n my parents know him and his dad. and i try to tell them that im strong n i wouldn't feel heartbroken but they only said till im in college which is 17 or 18 and they might send me to paris for college.

by sasha6041 on 7/12/2013 11:52:53 PM

What if even though I prove to them I'm mature. they still won't let me go out????

by kako15love on 7/11/2013 8:48:15 PM