AN HOUR AGO The Little Leaguer who proved that "throwing like a girl" is a good thing: http://t.co/V1FUJoSEJ2

2 HOURS AGO The biggest OMG celeb moments of the week: http://t.co/CNVH9IHWqr

3 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 2 win @smsaudio's STREET by 50 on-ear wired sport headphones: http://t.co/ifcIPSGelE

COMMENTS

3 celeb workouts to get ya lookin' fierce, fast!

We know it can be a drag when you don’t see result after you’ve been working out hard. Especially when you turn on the TV and...

MOD MOD !!!

Yesterday I went to the doctor for my physical, and I saw something pretty bad. My height is in the 25 percentile but my weight is in the 50-75 percentile! My mom said I really need to lower my weight into at MOST, 50, so what should I do?

Hey girl,

Don't worry too much- you're still growing! Talk to your mom about healthier meals, fewer snacks and an active lifestyle. And feel free to check out GL's Workouts page and Eat Right page under the Health and Fitness tab for more ideas.

xo

Caroline C.

by fashionista997 on 7/30/2013 9:39:31 AM

Thanks A lot Girls Life Super Helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by ourlady4 on 7/29/2013 1:17:33 PM

Help... ive been working out lately..45min of cardio everyday plus this ab and mini arm workout...yet my arms are soo weak. I try to do pushups yet no matter how much I try I cant. Im not fat..but my legs are. My mom says I have cellulitis...wat shud I do???
Help.
Angie.

Hey girl! Sometimes it takes time for workouts to show results.  Stick with your arm workouts and try to challenge yourself a little more every day.  Eventually, you'll be doing push ups like a pro!  xoxo

Kate G.

by angie.andrea.k on 7/19/2013 10:01:10 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!

I do karate and I'm a black belt, but I have gotten bored of that so I stopped for a little while. I'm doing any activities that involves being active but i love to run around and play tag, stuff like that. It kinda feels like that i have been putting on some weight. I'm 12 and I weigh about 140 pounds. How can I take away some of that weight? The hard part is that I don't like ANY VEGGIES!! What do I do??!!! I always wanted to look nice in a shirt and bikini but it feels like I cant! I'm not "fat" but then I don't feel skinny enough to be in a bikini. My BMI is 90% so I'm "solid" like how my dad would put it. Can you please help me!!

Hey GL girl! Thing is, eating healthy is the best option when trying to lose weight. Try running or using an elliptical or treadmill (if you've got one) for about 1/2 an hour every day- it's good for your bod and your health. Also, eating fruits and staying away from carbs'll help you lose weight- try eating nuts instead of chips for a snack, and opt for strawberries or mango with yogurt for dessert instead of ice cream. Staying away from drinks like soda or fruit juice is also a good idea, because they're loaded with sugar.

Good luck, GL girl!

ElizabethGwenn

by XrazorX8 on 7/17/2013 12:47:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I've been very busy and stressed out lately, and I have gained weight! I have bad knees, so what can I do to eat right, and what workouts would be good to shred off the fat? Thank you!

Hey girl,

If you have bad knees, then you probably want to avoid high-impact actvities like long distance running (treadmills can be especially bad). Instead, try yoga, pilates, walking and swimming. Check out our GL workout page for helpful articles here:

As far as eating right goes, we have a bunch of articles here:  http://www.girlslife.com/category/eat-right.aspx

xo

Caroline C.

by Rissa Kay on 7/15/2013 3:07:24 PM

What are some good belly and hip workouts? Thanks!!!

by lollipop68 on 7/13/2013 5:06:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm 14, and Im pretty short, I know I weigh more than I should. I'm not "fat" but I have a muffin top, that I desperately want to lose. I've been eating better and working out everyday, but it's not working great. All of my friends are gorgeous and look amazing in bikinis, but I still have to flaunt a tankini, because I'm very shy and self-conconcious about my tummy. Any suggestions?? It would really help!

Hey girl! Try working out with exercises specifically for
your oblique, the muscles on the sides of your body. Stay healthy!

Melissa T.

by nataliay1650 on 7/11/2013 5:02:40 PM

MOD MOD
I would really like some toned legs like Taylor Swift. Do you have any workouts and suggestions to help me?

Hey girl, try running and squats. Helps a lot - that's what I'm doing now!

lauren r.

by Penwigen on 7/10/2013 7:03:14 PM

MOD!!! I think my profile just got approved, but now I need help! I made an advice queen page, but I don't know how to get to it! Or how to tell if someone writes me! Thank you!

Hey GL girl! If you search your club name in the search bar, it'll pop up and you can access it from there. If someone writes you, it'll appear on your club page.

Good luck, GL girl!