AN HOUR AGO Do guys like girls who wear makeup? http://t.co/6KjYr0Sxnk

2 HOURS AGO Make your own wickedly cool candied apple!: http://t.co/cZd847v8uS

2 HOURS AGO Come one, come all, on an adventure to Pennyroyal Academy!: http://t.co/ncbY7aPVGm

COMMENTS

3 ways to go girly cute for summer

When everyone else is sporting tees and cutoffs in mid-July, are you reaching for floaty dresses and sweet skirts? We’ve got three super cute ways...

Modmodmod
So it's been a year, and u have my physical soon. I had my period start in November, and I heard you only grow a few inches after that. This year though, I've gained 16 pounds, and I'm freaking out because I've only grown like 1.5 inches to 2 inches this year. I know that you grow not just in height too(like my hips have been growing in,and muscle and stuff) but I don't know if this is bad or not. Helpppp!!!!!

Hey girl! Growing after you have your period is totally
normal- don’t worry. Just keep eating right and exercising, and you’ll be right
on track.

Melissa T.

by Joelcourtneysuper8 on 7/11/2013 3:52:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD

My grandma watches me in the summer. She wears sweatpants and grey t-shirts. I have this outfit that I love. I don't really care about matching unless it really has to. I have a bright green layered skirt and bright blue and pink Happy Bunny shirt. My grandma hates it but Im wearing it today anyway. Last time I wore it she said take that off now and gave me black sweatpants and a pink shirt. I said I don't wear sweatpants like you. Ill see my friends tonight and Im afraid she will make me wear that. Help!!! ~

Hey girl! As long as the outfit isn’t inappropriate (ie,
showing too much skin) try to explain to Grandma why you love it, and why you
like dressing up. Try not to insult her taste, as in, her love of sweatpants-
instead, explain that you both should respect each other’s taste in clothing.
Good luck and have fun with your friends!

Melissa T.

by katie91501 on 7/11/2013 3:04:04 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!!
My doctor said that i am done growing at my physical on monday. I asked how she knew and she said that after you get your period you only grow 2 inches at the most. Is this true?! Because if it is im only going to be 5'3 for the rest of my life! This is a bad thing because i really want to be a runway model!

Hey girl, it is true that most girls only grow an inch or
two more after they have their periods. However, each girl is different- you
could possibly grow more than that, and some girls may grow less. Now, that
said, don’t fret too much- everybody’s shape is different.

Melissa T.

by YayaYuiki on 7/11/2013 2:55:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOd
I'm going to Disney next week with my best friend and her family.It might be getting my period so my mom bought me tampons,but I'm scared to use them.were going to the watermarks and there's a pool at our hotel plus when I get back and before I have swim team so I might have to but I'm really scared.do you have any advice.Thanks!

Hey girl! Definitely practice with tampons before going to Disney.
Check out this with link and how-to’s on using them!

Good luck, and have fun in Disney!

Melissa T.

by juliacar on 7/11/2013 2:08:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
so i have a style question. i've always had a curvy shape, but before i started running/working out it was like fat curvy; now it's muscular curvy. i naturally have thicker, muscular thighs/legs, wider hips, muscular arms (but not crazy jacked man arms lol) and a bigger chest. i'm also on the short side. while i love and accept my body now (i use to hate it!) i want to know what would be the best style/clothes to dress so i'll look super cute and still flatter my body. i'm a huge style/clothing junkie and love giving my friends stuff to try (they love what i show them 99% of the time!), but i find it hard sometimes to know what looks good on me! any advice would help! thanks Smile

Hey girl! First of all, it’s totally awesome that you’ve
accepted your body for the way it is- every body deserves love! Try rocking a
flowy dress that belts in your middle. This will still flatter your curves, all
while toning down your thighs. If you’re comfortable enough with it, you could
even pair it with some wedges- heels will make your legs look longer! Also, it
never hurts to ask your friends for their advice, too!

Melissa T.

by iheartu? on 7/11/2013 1:55:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
So I know this is an awkward topic, but I am leaving for two days to go to a water park/amusement park with my friend and her family who I very recently met. I started my period today and I am SO nervous! I do use tampons, so thats covered but I am nervous that something embarrassing like a major leak is going to happen at the amusement park or in the hotel! I also know that the 2nd day of my period is the heaviest and that is the day we are going to the water park allllll day! I am worried because i wont have constant access to my 'supplies'. My moms not coming so I am super freaked and worried! Any advice you can give on protection or solutions or any info you might have?! Thank you so much! Smile

Hey girl! This may seem like a disaster, but it's really not! It's great that you're using tampons, because those are perfect for water activities. To avoid leaks, make sure to use "super" tampons rather than lighter ones. Bring a small zippered pack to store your extras, and carry it in your larger bag. Try to bring your bag around with you as much as you can. If you and your supplies get separated, check out the nearest bathroom for tampon dispensers (throw a few quarters in your pocket in case you need to use them for this!). At night, wear both a tampon and a panty liner to make sure you stay dry. But remember, if you do have a problem, it's not a big deal. You can always open up to any of the older women you're with, and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you out. Hope this helps! xo

Julie H.