16 MINUTES AGO How to get him to (finally) call you back: http://t.co/RGMLbQNyLi

AN HOUR AGO Oh @olivia_holt, your braid is bae: http://t.co/hpc3M3wbQr #hairspo

2 HOURS AGO Sprinkling *this* in your cereal could make all the difference: http://t.co/eB66NoXsEJ

COMMENTS

Find the perfect print for your style

Loved the adorbs quirky prints in our Aug/Sept issue? We’re print-crazy over here at GL HQ. From big to small prints, black and white to...

MOD MOD MOD Is eyeshadow waterproof? Can a concealer be used as eyeshadow? Also, I know that eyeshadow is different shades but can you just buy eyeshadow that's your skin color and put it on? Btw, I'm buying a concealer that's one shade lighter than mine (to cover up my mole) , will that look okay on my face? or not. Also, what goes with cookie monster blue shorts, and what goes with baby blue tights?

Hey girlie,

I would recommend
using an eyeshadow brush (or the applicator that comes with eyeshadow, or a
Q-tip) rather than your finger to decrease the oil around your eye so it will
stay longer and you won’t break out. Most eyeshadows aren’t waterproof unless
they say they are, but you can extend their wear by using an eyeshadow primer. I
wouldn’t recommend using a concealer as an eyeshadow, because concealers tend
to be thicker than what you need for your lids. If you want a natural look, you
don’t have to buy something that’s your exact skin color—ask the salespeople to
help you find natural palettes that will enhance your natural tones! And they’re
experts in beauty, so they’ll be able to help you find the perfect shade and
consistency of concealer. Don’t feel the need to hide your beauty mark, though!
They are iconic symbols of beauty, and many people use makeup to fake having
beauty marks, so if you have one it makes you special! As for the blue outfits,
you could go with a neutral like white, black or beige to make the blues pop,
or you could go for color blocking and wear a bright, colored top, whatever
suits your style!

Meghan D.

by azuki on 7/26/2013 12:49:52 AM

Mod,
I'm going shopping w/ my friend on Saturday and I need a lot of stuff for school, but I only get $35 plus some of my own money. How can I stretch this and get as much stuff as possible? Thanks!

Hey girl,

Luckily there are lots of summer sales going on. You can pick up summery pieces that you can work into a fall wardrobe. Be sure to buy staples that will work in a lot of outfit combinations (think basic colors, maybe a cardigan or school-appropriate skirt and a new backpack). Have fun shopping!

Caroline C.

by whatwhat on 7/16/2013 10:43:53 AM

mod mod mod
Do you know any places where I could buy a cute, comfy and cheap bathrobe?
thanks

Hey girl,

You could definitely try Aerie or a department store like Macy's. You might have better luck online shopping too.

xo

Caroline C.

by fieldhockey001 on 7/16/2013 8:49:23 AM

I'm obsessed with tribal prints!!!!

by Jules1399 on 7/15/2013 7:41:21 PM

Hey girlie, all of these small problems that seem so big right now won't seem so bad when you look back on them years from now. And dealing with them now will make a stronger person. I'm sure you're not fat or ugly. Maybe boys don't ask you out because they're afraid of being rejected. If you need someone to call and talk to, search teen hotline in your area. Most states or cities have some kind of anonymous hotlilne for teens for you to call and talk to someone.

Lauren T.

by bribri4ever on 7/15/2013 3:30:17 PM

thanks!Smile

by i love home alone on 7/15/2013 2:01:56 PM

the only thing is, on my previous question, is that my parents are super strict. i cant do anything unless i am with them and my dad makes me golf for 4 hours a day. its kind of hard to have free time to do stuff.

Hey girl,

I totally understand. Talk to your parents about how you're interested in some back-to-school shopping. Since it's still summer, you'd be giving them plenty of notice- and explain how you're short on cash and unsure how you'd earn any extra money. If they see your side of the story, they'll probably be willing to help or at least willing to help you find a side job (or decrease the golfing time) so you have some extra time and money to spend however you'd like. Make it clear that you're not asking for an allowance- just curious about extra help in turn for some earnings. Talking it out so that you're all on the same page is always the best way to go.

Good luck!

Caroline C.

by i love home alone on 7/15/2013 1:04:24 PM

so my mom makes me buy my clothes now and i dont have a job, so when i buy something its birthday or Christmas money. i do chores but i dont get paid, she just expects me to do them. I need school and golf clothes but i am almost out of money. what do i do??

Hey girl,

Your best option is to find ways to make money outside of the house, especially if an allowance isn't in the cards. You could give your neighbors a call and offer to work for them- yard work (like gardening), babysitting, pet sitting or mowing the lawn are great options. Charge a reasonable rate, and you're sure to find business and earn some cash. Then there's always the option of getting crafty. If you're into making jewelery, hair wraps or nail painting, you could set up a table at your local pool with a poster board sign to advertise. Check out GL's Make Money articles for extra ideas: http://www.girlslife.com/tag/make-more-money.aspx

Good luck!

Caroline C.

by i love home alone on 7/15/2013 12:04:23 PM

Thanks Lauren T. I can't wait! I love sushi

by redvelvetluv on 7/14/2013 9:39:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD One day this week maybe tomorrow I'm going to this Japanese buffet with my parents and sis and her GF I was wondering how this outfit sounded? a coraly red and white striped peplum top that flares out at the bottom it also has a black bow ribbon at the back of the neck a Jean skirt that's ripped at the bottom a pair of tan sandals with black flowers running up the bands and this bronze coin necklace the coin has my zodiac sign on it does this sound ok or is it too much?

Hey girlie, that sounds like a nice outfit. It'll look nice without being overly fancy.

Lauren T.