7 HOURS AGO 3 lucky winners will snag a Nelle and Lizzy's Be Your Own Best Friend Necklace! @NelleAndLizzy http://t.co/A2bYg2pJjK

11 HOURS AGO Adorable ways to bring fall into your bedroom: #Obsessed #FallDecor http://t.co/afhR83Z0Cg

12 HOURS AGO Okay, so chocolate will never actually be a vegetable…but here’s how to make it a tad bit healthier: http://t.co/boHDICPcri

COMMENTS

How to curl your hair with a flat iron

Don’t feel like investing in more than one styling tool? Don’t! Make your flat iron work double duty as a curling iron. Technique is important...

I have really dry frizzy hair what should I do???

by cigwe on 7/18/2013 5:34:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Okay so I am going to be a freshman this year (yayyyy) Laughing and I had a couple questions about semi formal. I have heard that girls and guys "grind" and I don't really want to do that. Is it true that they dance like that? How do I ask a guy to dance? And what if I get asked!?!? Help! Oh and I really appreciate your help!(:

Hey girl! A lot of schools do have grinding at their dances,
but that by no way means you have to. Find a group of friends that don’t plan on
grinding either, and dance with them! If you are near a cutie, ask him if he’d
like to dance when a nice song comes on! Last but not least, have fun!

Melissa T.

by Rissa Kay on 7/18/2013 3:06:23 PM

Are pigtails too kiddy? Also, what is a way to dress up your outfit and hair without going too fancy? (other than headbands and skirts or dresses)Please no links. Thank you

Hey girlie, I think lower pigtails seem more grown up and appropriate than high ones. Try adding jewelry. Some jewel studs and a pretty necklace can make your outfit look nicer. You can also wearer darker wash jeans that look fancier than lighter ones.

Lauren T.

by azuki on 7/15/2013 7:10:47 PM

MOD!!!!
My mom knows nothing about hair, skin, etc. I had to teach her what deodorant was, do my own research on taking care of my skin, beg for a body wash and lip balm, etc. For back to school I want more products that my mom's never heard of, like anti-frizz stuff and leave-in conditioners, but she HATES buying me anything so do you have any tips on asking her for this stuff and new clothes?

Hey girl,

Your best option is to compromise. Trade off extra chores for a back-to-school shopping with mom. Offer your extra help around the house- wash the car, fold laundry, vaccuum or organize any messy shelves if she'll give you some spending money for a few new products.

xo

Caroline C.

by whatwhat on 7/15/2013 10:29:38 AM

mod mod mod hi I am looking for a good and affordable flexible hairspray for my curly hair. Do you have any recommendations? also I was wondering what the difference between a spray gel and hairspray is. thanx

Hey girlie, a spray gel is thicker than a hairspray. Hairspray helps hold your hair and the gel helps to shape and mold it. Try Pantene Pro V Curly Hair or Aussie Flexible Hold. You can find either in pretty much any drugstore.

Lauren T.

by Briell Perry on 7/14/2013 8:30:56 PM

I don't really understand the instructions on how to curl it do you start from your scalp and just wrap your hair around the flat iron or start at the ends and just roll the flat iron up to your scalp?

Hey girlie, start at the ends and roll up like you would with a curling iron. You can try different ways when you have some free time to see what works best for you and gives you the best results.

Lauren T.

by hinatagal on 7/14/2013 5:59:08 PM

Mod mod mod
I just git bleached strips in my hair is it ok to go swimming and how long would it last?

Hey girlie, if you're good to wash your hair, then you're good to go swimming. Just wash your hair right after the pool so the chlorine doesn't turn your new blonde strips green. If the hairdresser actually used bleach, then it will last until it grows out.

Lauren T.

by I Luv Carson on 7/14/2013 5:38:02 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod!!
How do I thin my hair fast without cutting it.

Hey! You could try wearing it half up half down for a thinner effect Smile

Helen S.

by mizly on 7/13/2013 3:21:15 PM

Hey! What about like a graphic tee with a colorful skirt, maybe some statement earrings or a necklace or something Smile Helen S.

by k1776 on 7/13/2013 2:46:49 PM

mod mod mod

I've been saving up money for a good curling wand or iron. My hair never curls. I've tried rollers, curling irons, and flat irons and it never last for more than 15 minutes. I need some suggestions for a curling wand/iron that actually works!! Smile

Hey! Are you using any styling products like hairspray to hold the curls? It may be that the iron is find but that you just need a bit of product to hold everything in place. Hope this helps! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/03/10/4-steps-to-perfect-curls.aspx

Helen S.