1 HOURS AGO Who run the world? GIRLS!...and tampons. Meet two teens who are changing the perception on periods: http://t.co/NJyhP2nt2Y #inthenews

2 HOURS AGO Oh, you thought water couldn't get any healthier? Meet our fruity and refreshing fixes: http://t.co/bguQmKYK3E #RECIPES

4 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway: 10 gals strut in style with a pair of Airwalk’s Parker shoes: http://t.co/exBiydHo2V

COMMENTS

Take a bow, chump

I had a crush on a guy in my theater class. Eventually, my crush found out that I liked him and kept it a secret...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!

I really would like to get a boyfriend this year, I've never had one before and I'm already 15... The only problem is, if I like a guy or think he's cute, I get really loud, annoying and obnoxious. I guess it's to try and get him to notice me, because I'm shy around new people.How can I build up the confidence to actually say something meaningful to a guy instead of giving them all headaches?

Hey chica! It's understandable that you get nervous when you talk to guys you like- a lot of people act pretty out of the ordinary when they're nervous.  If you want to make sure you're staying composed and not getting too crazy, try talking to the guy in a smaller group.  That will give you more time to talk to him one on one instead of feeling like you're competing with everyone else for his attention. xoxo

Kate G.

by tessascuzin287 on 8/8/2013 3:05:26 AM

MOD

I really liked this guy, and he seemed nice, so when i asked my friend to ask him what he thought about me hus answer was that i was too fat. I know that i am fat. But what im getting at is: do guys only like skinny girls.

Hey girlie,

Don’t be so hard on yourself—beauty comes in all
sizes! And if one guy wants to dismiss how awesome you are because of one
physical quality that he doesn’t like (which is his problem, not yours!), then
he’s not worth your time, and it’s not worth it to worry about him! There are
plenty of great guys who care about girls’ personalities and not just looks,
and I’m sure you’ll meet one when the timing is right Smile

Meghan D.

by torinat on 7/25/2013 10:05:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!! A few weeks ago my bgf asked me out but he did it in a not great way and was touching me like way to much..I won't get into all the details. But anyway, he was going to fast and I sort of freaked out and said no. He asked another girl out the next morning and they are still dating. That really hurt and broke my heart..since I had, had a crush on this guy for a while...but it just felt wrong in the moment. I don't regret saying no to him, but I do really miss him. I was sort of mad at him for a couple weeks but now I just miss my best friend (he was hands down my best friend). I haven't talked to him since that night and I'm afraid I've lost him as a friend for good. I want to text him but idk what to say because now everything is SO weird between us. Do you have any advice? Do you think I should text him..and if so what should I say? Thanks<3<3<3

Hey GL girl! It's tough to say no to one of your friends, even if you feel uncomforatable, but you did the right thing- you did what you felt was right, stood your ground, and said no. If you still like him, try organizing something fun and non-romantic, like going to the beach or hanging out with your/his friends. It may be awkward at first, but if he's a good friend, he'll realize that he should still be friends with you.

Hope this helps!

ElizabethGwenn

by maggie183 on 7/19/2013 3:35:27 PM

MOD
Thank you Helen S! Is it okay that we flirt when we're working? I get along great with my boss, but I don't want to ask her about the code for dating a co-worker.
Thanks again! <3

Hey! As long as it doesn't distract from your work, I think a bit of flirting is harmless, just be sure to put the job first! Smile

Helen S.

by Eve W on 7/18/2013 8:24:29 PM

MOD
I started my job lifeguarding at the town pool a few weeks ago, and since then have become good friends with all of the other guards. One of them in particular I'm starting to develop a crush on. He's an amazing swimmer, he's really funny, and he's not afraid to debate, which is something I like to do. The problem is, I like to flirt with him, but we work together, and I don't want him to get freaked out if I'm too forward or something. What should I do?

Hey! What you should do is try to observe how he's reacting to you. If he seems uncomfortable, then it's time to back off, but if he's having a good time, then flirt away!

Helen S.

by Eve W on 7/18/2013 6:17:32 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD

It REALLY pisses me off when my 19 year old co-worker constantly calls me to cover for her and come in early so she can go and do less than stellar things. Sure, I love getting more money, but it just irritates me, knowing that almost every week, she calls me begging to cover for her or to come in early so she can leave. I've only taken ONE day off in my almost six months of working there, and I caught so much crap for it. If I were to take another day off to spend time with family. I probably wouldn't be able to because no one would be there to cover for me. I'm glad to be reliable, but I'm almost upset that I almost am TOO reliable. I'm sick of getting taken advantage of. Am I overreacting? What do I do? I can't say no...I want the money and I'm available...but it's just irritating...

Hey! That's where you're wrong, you CAN say no, and you have to if you want to get rid of these angry feelings. You have every right to turn down a shift you don't want to take, even if you don't have "plans" that's your time. If you really want the money, you have to learn to vent your frustration healthily. Maybe let her know firmly, that while you appreciate the shifts, you shouldn't be her first call every time. good luck!

Helen S.

by futurewriter16 on 7/18/2013 5:22:48 PM

MOD
@ camp I met a guy S and we became BFF and he had GF then but he wanted to dump her and he did when he got home. we went 2 the dance as friends+had a great time. he texts me everyday is super flirty. he sends random texts like ":/ I really need someone to flirt and cuddle with"+the other day "so I've been thinking about this a while but after the camp dance my shirt smelled like you and it smelled REALLY good" and then once at 11:11 I texted "its 11:11! Make a wishSmile"+he said "lol I wish you would talk to me:3" and I was like "aww you're cuteTong" and he sends pictures of his dog and his hair when he styles it and I told him about getting marshmallow on my face and he was like 'aww dats cute:3" and yesterday he texted me "morning hon:3" and our friends ship us and he said "lol apparently R and J ship us" I was like "I know" he asked what I said and I said "I was like you do?" and he said "if we lived closer I could maybe see it though" we have deep conversations.he likes me?

Hey girl! It sure sounds like he likes you to me. All those flirty texts? He totally does ;)

Helen S.

by teampeetapercy on 7/18/2013 5:09:24 PM

I know this is a odd Q but why do some girls think that if they use a tampon it will take there virginity? I wear pads but I know a tampon isn't going to take away my virginity also is it true your first time hurts really bad?
don't worry I'm not planning on doing anything but I read
somewhere before that It's extremely painful is this true
you can hide this if It's too much

Hey girl! Tampons can be a bit uncomfortable at first, but
they don’t cause any major pain or discomfort. They do not in any way take your
virginity- some girls may say that simply because they rip your hymen when
first used. Again, this is not a big deal. For more answers to tampon
questions, check this link out:

Melissa T.

by redvelvetluv on 7/18/2013 1:43:13 PM

Hi girls! Please become a fan of my advice queen page; it would mean alot to me! I give out great advice on pets, self esteem and just about anything!

by Ralinia on 7/18/2013 1:01:12 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod!!!!!!

my mom got these tampons because we're going on vacay next week to a water park and thats the time i'm expecting "that time of the month" but honestly im really scared of using them. I've never used them before and i'm afraid if "that time of the month" happens and I do end up using tampons and we go 2 the waterpark, that i won't use them right and i'll bleed all over! also how do you know when to change a tampon. this is kinda scary to me.

Hey girl! Don't worry too much- once it's in, it's kinda hard to mess up a tampon. You should change them about ever few hours, especially the first two days of your period. For more period answers, check out this link:

Have fun at the waterpark!!

Melissa T.