2 HOURS AGO Treat that awful sunburn before it gets worse! How to save your skin: http://t.co/JOuY0NMjsd

3 HOURS AGO Annoying allergies bringing you down? Here are some great tips on how to handle them! http://t.co/bJKAEMwthV

3 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz Do you think you’re a good friend? #FindOutHere http://t.co/TjwjwcdfYZ

COMMENTS

What Guys Think: Can you be friends with an ex?

To us girls, it might seem like a guy can get over the relationship sooo much quicker after the breakup. We totally dis them when...

mod
so i recently moved 1400 from one state to another & this guy got in contact with me thru Facebook.we used to hang out a lot when we were younger & then we kinda lost contact & i moved & now hes talking to me.right now he is dating this girl i do not like at all.(when me and my boyfriend were going out she used to talk to him & they would both tell each other they like each other & then send <3's)me & her got into fights bc i didnt like that.(she was my friend too)but then me &my bf broke up and this guy had just talked to me & i like it.i wanna b rlly good friends again & i think i might like him.the only few problems there are is; hes dating a girl i hate, he only wants to talk about naughty stuff with me cuz he doesnt get action from his gf.telling him i like him isnt an option.what should i do? i dont wanna loose him cuz were staarting to become closer. HELP!!

Hey GL girl! If he's dating another girl while talking about naughty things with you, he probably wouldn't be a good boyfriend. He's going behind this other girl's back with you, and that isn't fair to you or her, because she's in a relationship while he talks about naughty things with you, and while he's talking about naughty things with you, he's urging you on to make you feel like you have chemistry, even when he's dating someone else. Even though you're starting to become closer, it's best to just stay friends. Hope this helps, GL girl!

ElizabethGwenn

by Little-Miss-Country on 7/23/2013 9:26:57 PM

I am not sure I could be friends with one of my ex's if he dumped me and caused me a lot of pain. I think some guys may have an easier time staying friends if they did the dumping. I think it would also be tough to stay friends with an ex if he and I had a lot of history and shared special romantic times with each other. I have friends who still hook up with their exs just because they experienced certain things with them and I dont think that is always good because the guy always knows they can call to get something if they want it.

by fashionqn on 7/20/2013 11:58:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!! So I have been putting off hanging out with my guy friend for weeks because I just moved to this state and I am super nervous. I just moved in about a month ago and we've talked a few times but he REALLY wants to hang out. I am so so so nervous and I dont know what to do. i really do want to hang out with him but I am so incredibly nervous. Im not a good guy person. Every time I hear my doorbell ring, I freak because i think its him :O Its Awful. Im 14 so we cant go anywhere which makes me more nervous. Any advice?! Thanks!

Hey GL girl! Don't be nervous about hanging out with him just because you moved- there are plently of fun things to do in every state, and I'm sure you can find something fun and non-stressfull to do with him. Just because a guy wants to hang out with you doesn't mean he wants to be in a relationship with you the minute you start hanging out. Try doing something fun with him like seeing a movie or going to a sports game. If it still freaks ya out to have him there, get together with some close friends of yours and go do something as a group (it's a lot les stressfull)!

Hope this helps, GL girl!

ElizabethGwenn

by jigglyjello456 on 7/19/2013 3:17:54 PM

My best guy friend is my ex. When I broke up with him, I told him that I felt no "love spark" and it ended up with him crying. At first, he was super mad at me and would always ignore me, but after a year, we started to talk again and we found out that we really liked each other's personality, friend-wise. Too bad that we haven't exactly talked in a month because he got a new girlfriend and just never seems to have time for me.. it kinda sucks.

Hey GL girl! Just 'cause he has a new GF doesn't mean you can't hang out or talk. Try doing something fun with a group of friends and invite him to make it less awkward. You can even do something fun with your friends and invite him and his GF- who knows, you may even end up being friends. And just because he isn't talking to you doesn't mean he doesn't like you; he may be busy with work or summer activities.

Hope this helps, GL girl!

ElizabethGwenn

by Blushing-Beauty on 7/19/2013 2:45:53 PM

Mod mod
Okay,so I've known this guy for my entire life and I think he's super nice but I only like him as a friend. The other day he asked me out and I told him that I just wanted to be friends. Now he won't stop texting me and I text him back and stuff but he keeps on texting all my friends about how much he likes me but how I'm too good for him. I feel really bad and I was told that he's planning on asking me out again but I don't know what to do. What should I say next time? This time he just texted me to ask me out and next time I think he's going to ask me out in person. I don't know what I should do?? I just want to continue being his friend.

Hey chica! this guy is putting you in a tough situation.  Try letting him know (again) how much you enjoy his friendship, but that you aren't interested in him that way.  If he keeps bothering you, try only texting him back every once in awhile or telling him you'll have to stop texting him if he doesn't stop making you uncomfortable.  Be nice, but if he doesn't get the point, you have to stand your ground! Good luck! xoxo

Kate G. Kate G.

by Taylor243 on 7/19/2013 1:30:28 PM

Hey luvs please join or check out my 2 clubs RIP Hachiko and Grimm 4 ever it would also mean a lot to me if you
became a fan of my Advice Queen page Smile thanks so much
xoxo

by redvelvetluv on 7/19/2013 11:02:38 AM

MOD MOD MODERATOR MOD
How can I tell if I like a guy for him, or for the sweet things he says to me? Thanks!

Hey chica! Sometimes, it's nice to have a guy like you and say nice things to you, so I understand your confusion.  Think about it like this, could you compliment him on aspects of his personality as much as he compliments you?  If not, you might not be digging the dude, but rather his super sweet words.  xoxo

Kate G.