13 MINUTES AGO You want dermatologist-approved skin—here's how to get it at home: http://t.co/QnHOyrxeqe

3 HOURS AGO Are good things comin' your way? Check your #horoscope to see: http://t.co/X0oqJA2AV2

4 HOURS AGO Betcha didn't know flaxseed could do this: http://t.co/BVSiatO8sk

COMMENTS

Are teens too immature to fall in love?

Do you think teenagers are too young to experience love? Dear Wondering, No. But too many girls go out with someone for just two days or two...

MOD

My friend (or used to be) always talked about how other teens didn't know how to be in a loving relationship and that they didn't know anything most of the time, and most of the time I agreed with her. She also was usually depressed and would 'joke' about killing herself. Then a guy started liking her and she would see no wrong in the world and always smile. They didn't date and one day she got really mad and stopped liking him, just to get into a relationship two weeks later with a guy a year older then us and go all smiley again. Her best friend is my cousin and she has a boyfriend two so they're all double dating. The cousin brought her boyfriend to a family event and the hole time they were all flirty and cuddly on the couch. I feel so alone, and I'm worried about what my one friend will do if the older guy breaks up with her (we're going to different HS and we kno we're losing contact). What do I do?

Hey chica! It's so nice of you to care about your friend.  Except just being there for her if this guy breaks up with her, there's not much you can do to help her. Talk to your BFF about it- maybe she can keep an eye on her.  If things get bad once she and this guy break up, you should go to a family member and have them help out.  And I'm sorry you feel left out when your friends double date with their boyfriends.  It can be tough when you're the only one not dating, but if you're starting at a new high school, there will be tons of opportunities to make friends with new guys (which may turn into something more!).  xoxo

Kate G.

by RunningTears on 8/9/2013 11:15:49 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay, so I like a guy (obviously), but I'm not sure if I'm wasting my time. He and I are doing a three week camp that end this week. I've become friends with him and I really like him. I will see him throughout the year so it's not like we're not gonna see each other until next summer. The problem is: he's a flirt. he's outgoing, so he can talk to about any girl, and he'll act all interested, when in reality, he doesn't have any feelings for them. With me, he'll wrap his arms around my waist and give me a hug and we'll just stand there talking like that. He jokes around with all the girls, except Instead, we just talk, or we'll just sit there, enjoying each other's company. Is this guy just legit, or is he just leading me on?

Hey girlie, it's really hard to tell. Talk to him about it if you feel that strongly about it. Or try making a bold flirty move and see how he responds to it.

Lauren T.

by Meg-astar on 8/5/2013 9:02:59 PM

by RunningTears on 8/2/2013 12:25:40 PM

I pretty much agree with Carol. I think love doesn't know age and anybody can fall in love, but so many teens try to call a crush love because they think it makes them more mature. It doesn't. Love happens when it happens. It happens to some (but not many) at as young as 7, it happens to some people at 27. Don't try to rush it or label it. Just enjoy the feeling that you have. Love is a wonderful thing. Just don't push it.

by hermionegirl12 on 8/1/2013 6:26:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD

okay so I met this guy at church camp about a month ago. We've been talking for awhile and we both like each other. Some people say he is clingy, others say that he changes girls alot. I don't get that vibe at all. He lives almost 2 hours away, and my mom doesn't know about him, I don't think she likes him but she hasn't gotten to know him. I think it will workout, and I don't want to talk to my mom because we don't really get each other. She shoots down everything I have to say. Please help!!

Hey chicky! Unfortunately, if this guy lives 2 hours away, you're either going to need to tell your mom or leave your relationship behind.  Long distance relationships are tough enough without having to keep them secret! You two can still talk and be friends, but try starting out the new school year without worrying about missing your dude from 2 hours away! You'll have plenty of time in the future to date if you two are really meant to be.  xoxo

Kate G.

by allisonwostn on 8/1/2013 3:11:19 PM

MOD
I recently told one of my guy friends that I liked him and he said that he luved me but not that way and that he liked someone else. I told him to go for it and ask her out but when he told me who it was I didn't think it was such a good idea. I don't like the girl that he likes but that's not y I don't think its a good idea. I'm trying to protect him cause this girl will break his heart. I want to tell him but I'm afraid that he will think that I am just being jealous. How do I tell him to watch out? and also now I am afraid that it will be awkward when we hang out if I give him a hug or tell him luv u. I am over him now but I want him to act like my best friend not like he might be leading me on. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl! It’s important for your guy friend to know that
you’re trying to look out for his best interest, but in this case, it might be
good to let him make his own mistakes. Who knows? Maybe this girl and him
really will end up cute together!

Melissa T.

by lizzierox on 8/1/2013 1:22:25 PM

how much do u grow after your first period? im 5'3 and i just got it....my mom is 5'6 and my dad is 5'11.

Hey chicky! Women can grow until college, so depending on you age, you might still be growing.  It all depends on you and what's normal in your family! xoxo

Kate G.

by clll4321 on 8/1/2013 2:27:13 AM

I could not agree more with this post. So many girls who date a boy only last for like 2 weeks.

by YouCanCallMeCat on 7/31/2013 3:34:43 PM

@Eve W, that is a very awesome philosophy to have. Keep up that attitude and soon enough you will find the right guy! Most teens are immature, but there are some that aren't. I think that middle school is too young to date, but high school, in most cases, isn't. However, girls should start dating when they're ready (and when their parents allow it). You can date without looking for a guy to marry. In my opinion, it's essential to date for fun so that you know what you want an don't want in a guy . Plus, it helps you learn about yourself.

by scamp24 on 7/31/2013 3:07:44 PM

I personally think that those who need to have a boyfriend all the time have a need for "love" that they can't get in other places, such as at home, or with their friends. I'm 15 and can honestly say that I've not had a boyfriend or my first kiss yet, and I'm okay with it. It doesn't mean I can't crush on guys, but I know that my family and friends love me the way I am, and I'm perfectly content with that. I don't need a boyfriend to be complete or happy. When the time is right, I'll start dating, but that time isn't now.

by Eve W on 7/31/2013 2:12:16 PM

Hello everyone! I just made a club called Baking & Cooling. Please join if you are interested in baking and/or cooking. Thanks!

by style789 on 7/31/2013 1:23:46 PM

@Chloe<3 I wholeheartly agree with you. Most of the time young teenagers rush the relationship or get in one simply so they can say they are. Most of the "couples" are just going along with it and it's dangerous territory us (I'm thirteen) to get into. The whole point of dating when young is to find out what you want in a guy, but most of us just turn it into a game. Sixteen- fifteen at the youngest is an ideal start for dating. Even all the mature 10-14 year-olds will eventually see that, at the moment, their studies are much more important than a relationship that will usually only last a year.

by LittleUsagiTewi on 7/31/2013 1:09:40 PM

I personally think that in some cases, yes. For instance, if you are under age 16 and your rushing to get a boyfriend every second, there's a problem. I think as long as your 16 and older your mature enough for it

by hpacluv97 on 7/31/2013 12:56:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok so here is the deal! Last year I always would wear my hair in a bun because i wanted it to grow and it didn't so i saved up my money to buy clip in hair extensions but now my mom is saying people at school will bug me about it saying that they will feel the clips or notice but idk what to do because I really want them and I have the money in fact I wanted these forever! Please help me out to feel better I didn't want people to think I am weird anyways what do u think? By they way I am doing in to 8th so I am almost 14 thanks xoxo

Hey girl - I'd say do what you want to do. If you want the extensions, get them! They're not permanent, so if you decide you don't like them after all, you can just take them out, no biggie. xx

Hannah M

by angelst.marie on 7/31/2013 12:47:51 PM

To be honest I think its a tad weird that young teenagers and tweens and sometimes even kids who are ten go out with each other. I don't see the point. I mean, it is just to fool around. Because lets face it, lets say whoever reading this is 13 or 14... You know how slim the chances are that you're gonna marry your boyfriend? I do know a few people that married their high school sweetheart and another couple who met when they were 13 and ended up getting married and are still together to this day, but they both say one thing in common, they were best friends first and when they got older around 18 they started dating. That just sounds smart to me because they didn't waste their time with other people. That's what I wanna do, I don't want any of that extra drama. I'm gonna start dating when I'm looking to get married, not to fool around. But to each its own and if you think whats right for you is whatever you're doing, more power to ya! Wow sorry this was such a long comment!

by Chloe<3 on 7/31/2013 12:35:48 PM

Yes and No it really depends on the person in all honesty most teenage girls are a little immature same goes for teenage boys but teen girls might be mature in some ways a lot of teen girls are naïve and will get physical with a guy they just meet I'm not saying all but most teen guys are sneaky and take advantage of girls by treating them like princesses and telling them they love them

by redvelvetluv on 7/31/2013 12:24:44 PM

I wish not a lot of people dated in high school. I think it adds to the pressure of finding that special someone and having your first kiss, ect. It's just too stressful. I wish I would have thought of this before I started dating.

by myfatsquirrel on 7/31/2013 12:09:28 PM