1 HOURS AGO GL's top 20 fave nail polish colors: http://t.co/pM4hyH3vhw

2 HOURS AGO ICYMI catch @ChloeGMoretz in the @IfIStay trailer here: http://t.co/wUNpUVWwTd

3 HOURS AGO Snag top notch internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! RSVP right here: http://t.co/c0d0Hs8heN

COMMENTS

Ready, set, shop! Get GL's BTS shopping lists here

Start your engines, ladies—back-to-school shopping season is upon us. And if you’re still stuck in the quandary of what exactly is gonna fill your closet...

Mod mod mod I am skinny and it's very hard finding clothes that fit my body but what can I do so I know what to match to bring out my best features?

Hey girl! The easiest way to find out what looks good is to try on everything- even if you don't think it'll look fab. That way, you'll get to know know what works and what doesn't.  There are a million different body types, so there's some things that will look good on your friend that won't be perfect for you, even if you're the same size, but it works the other way around, too. xoxo

Kate G.

by savou98 on 8/21/2013 12:26:53 AM

This list is $$$$$$$. Do you think you could make a smaller essentials list for under $100?

by AlexisBougie17 on 8/15/2013 7:26:00 PM

Did anyone else notice the girl in the picture has no arms? I'm scared...

by pretty123 on 8/10/2013 3:43:22 PM

Thanks GL, this is exactly what I was looking for. And thank you Kate G for leading me here! Much love.

by 2sprinkles2 on 8/9/2013 2:35:15 PM

I accidentally bought a concealer that's way lighter than me and it doesn't cover well either. But does it not cover well because it's not my shade? How do I make it look more like my shade? I have another concealer stick that's a shade darker than mine. Can I mix it? Thanks!!Smile

Hey azuki, mhmm yeah try mixing the two. Since one is lighter and one is darker, together they should create the perfect shade for you. Let me know if it works out! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by azuki on 8/6/2013 6:44:32 PM

Hey krazykaratechick me too but do what I'm gonna do and try to dress up your uniform with cute accessories ( bracelets,necklaces,earrings,pins,hair clips/ties, headbands,scarfs etc. good luck)

by hgrules on 8/6/2013 5:38:01 PM

Thanks Melissa T.

by hgrules on 8/6/2013 5:33:41 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMDODMOD
I am totally freaking out about school. I;m gonna be in 6th grade which means I'm starting middle school. That means I have to go from class to class on my own. I don't have any friends at this school because all my friends from last year all went to different schools. Also I have to wear uniform so how can I dress it up so I'll stand out? And last this is a college prep school so I have to do really well. I;m a straight a student and I graduated elementary school as an honors student at an 9th grade reading level but I'm scared of failing. Help wit everything. Please. Thank you so much. Please reply. P.S I go back to school net month. Thanks again.

Hey girl! Middle school might seem like a crazy deal at
first, but trust me- once you get the hang of it, it’s a piece of cake. Take a
good look at a map of the school- there should be one on their website- before
you go in the first day. Pay attention during orientation, that’s when they’ll
tell ya everything you need to know. Remember, no one is going to expect you to
magically know everything there! It’s okay to ask questions. Keep a friendly
smile on your face, and strike up a conversation or two with others. Making
little connections can pay off big later! Just remember to relax, most of the
other students there are probably just as nervous as you are.

Melissa T.

by hgrules on 8/6/2013 4:21:33 PM

I really Really love this checklist!!!!!!! I think u should make list like this for every season like winter and spring. This is so helpful and I already have some of these in my closet so I just have to build off of that!
Thanks!

by Abbison28 on 8/2/2013 10:38:11 PM

Mod Mod Mod!

There's this girl that I made friends with this year on my swim team. When she told me that she was transferring to my school (because she didn't like her old school) I was really excited for her. I told her that I would help her get around and find her classes. The only thing is that she doesn't know anybody else there, so I'm also going to have to help her make friends. I'm hoping that my friends will like her but I'm just not sure. And also what if we don't have any classes together?

Hey girlie,

I’m sure your friends
will love her, and that’s so sweet of you to include her in your group! She’ll
be able to make plenty of friends on her own, too, when she joins clubs and
meets people in her classes. If you don’t have any classes together, at least
you can hang out at lunch and at swim practice, and maybe you could sign up for
a club that both of you are interested in so that you could spend more time
together!