9 HOURS AGO Don't miss all the fun at Fash Bash 2014! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/hxOEzrhlmp

12 HOURS AGO 6 ways to revamp your fresh veggies: http://t.co/uVLIaiXDOB

13 HOURS AGO The trick to beating body envy: http://t.co/e3zU4Mbgnb

COMMENTS

Ready, set, shop! Get GL's BTS shopping lists here

Start your engines, ladies—back-to-school shopping season is upon us. And if you’re still stuck in the quandary of what exactly is gonna fill your closet...

Mod mod mod I am skinny and it's very hard finding clothes that fit my body but what can I do so I know what to match to bring out my best features?

Hey girl! The easiest way to find out what looks good is to try on everything- even if you don't think it'll look fab. That way, you'll get to know know what works and what doesn't.  There are a million different body types, so there's some things that will look good on your friend that won't be perfect for you, even if you're the same size, but it works the other way around, too. xoxo

Kate G.

by savou98 on 8/21/2013 12:26:53 AM

This list is $$$$$$$. Do you think you could make a smaller essentials list for under $100?

by AlexisBougie17 on 8/15/2013 7:26:00 PM

Did anyone else notice the girl in the picture has no arms? I'm scared...

by pretty123 on 8/10/2013 3:43:22 PM

Thanks GL, this is exactly what I was looking for. And thank you Kate G for leading me here! Much love.

by 2sprinkles2 on 8/9/2013 2:35:15 PM

I accidentally bought a concealer that's way lighter than me and it doesn't cover well either. But does it not cover well because it's not my shade? How do I make it look more like my shade? I have another concealer stick that's a shade darker than mine. Can I mix it? Thanks!!Smile

Hey azuki, mhmm yeah try mixing the two. Since one is lighter and one is darker, together they should create the perfect shade for you. Let me know if it works out! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by azuki on 8/6/2013 6:44:32 PM

Hey krazykaratechick me too but do what I'm gonna do and try to dress up your uniform with cute accessories ( bracelets,necklaces,earrings,pins,hair clips/ties, headbands,scarfs etc. good luck)

by hgrules on 8/6/2013 5:38:01 PM

Thanks Melissa T.

by hgrules on 8/6/2013 5:33:41 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMDODMOD
I am totally freaking out about school. I;m gonna be in 6th grade which means I'm starting middle school. That means I have to go from class to class on my own. I don't have any friends at this school because all my friends from last year all went to different schools. Also I have to wear uniform so how can I dress it up so I'll stand out? And last this is a college prep school so I have to do really well. I;m a straight a student and I graduated elementary school as an honors student at an 9th grade reading level but I'm scared of failing. Help wit everything. Please. Thank you so much. Please reply. P.S I go back to school net month. Thanks again.

Hey girl! Middle school might seem like a crazy deal at
first, but trust me- once you get the hang of it, it’s a piece of cake. Take a
good look at a map of the school- there should be one on their website- before
you go in the first day. Pay attention during orientation, that’s when they’ll
tell ya everything you need to know. Remember, no one is going to expect you to
magically know everything there! It’s okay to ask questions. Keep a friendly
smile on your face, and strike up a conversation or two with others. Making
little connections can pay off big later! Just remember to relax, most of the
other students there are probably just as nervous as you are.

Melissa T.

by hgrules on 8/6/2013 4:21:33 PM

I really Really love this checklist!!!!!!! I think u should make list like this for every season like winter and spring. This is so helpful and I already have some of these in my closet so I just have to build off of that!
Thanks!

by Abbison28 on 8/2/2013 10:38:11 PM

Mod Mod Mod!

There's this girl that I made friends with this year on my swim team. When she told me that she was transferring to my school (because she didn't like her old school) I was really excited for her. I told her that I would help her get around and find her classes. The only thing is that she doesn't know anybody else there, so I'm also going to have to help her make friends. I'm hoping that my friends will like her but I'm just not sure. And also what if we don't have any classes together?

Hey girlie,

I’m sure your friends
will love her, and that’s so sweet of you to include her in your group! She’ll
be able to make plenty of friends on her own, too, when she joins clubs and
meets people in her classes. If you don’t have any classes together, at least
you can hang out at lunch and at swim practice, and maybe you could sign up for
a club that both of you are interested in so that you could spend more time
together!

Meghan D.

by lovekatniss23 on 8/2/2013 12:36:17 AM

I dont think this list was very helpful because none of these clothes are my style and probably not a lot of girls i think you should post other lists with each type of style instead of the main trends

by savy88 on 8/1/2013 10:11:26 PM

I'm wearing dark grey jeans, a white t-shirt with a pocket on it, Toms, and a purple scarf with little black horses on it.

by PuddinHead on 8/1/2013 10:09:34 PM

Thanks so much Girls Life! I will definitely be using it for my BTS shopping! Please keep posting articles like this!

by Superchick0121 on 8/1/2013 7:38:57 PM

Tomorrow's the last day of camp, and I made a big crush and a good friend. I may never see either again, so how should I deal with the friend (Should we stay in touch? I don't see a point because she lives in another state.) and how do I get over my hot crush who goes to a nearby school?

Hey! Why not stay in touch with both? With social networks it's easier than ever to stay in touch with people. I guess the point would be to keep your friendship going, it can still be fun even if you don't see eachother as much, but if you don't want to stay in touch here's some tips to get over him http://www.girlslife.com/post/2013/02/15/6-secrets-to-get-him-out-of-your-head.aspx

Helen S.

by whatwhat on 8/1/2013 6:15:38 PM

Mod,

Hi! I'm buying MY first foundation makeup (I have used my mom's a few times) and I'm not sure which one to buy. I'm 14 and I want a light-weight foundation that covers up small blemishes like whiteheads well. It seems that whenever I see a foundation I might like it has some kind of age-defying properties to it and that's not what I'm looking for. Which foundation should I go with? I have light skin but I'm not fair.

Hey! I really recommend origins vitazing spf 15. It's a tinted moisturizer that works great for foundation and is also a sunblock, so it's great for your skin. Hope this helps!

Helen S.

by cmfox99 on 8/1/2013 5:57:06 PM

thanks!

by poetpower on 8/1/2013 5:27:51 PM

Awww I'm going to a uniform school this year so now I can't follow this Frown

by krazykaratechick on 8/1/2013 3:42:35 PM

hey girls it's tht time of the year again where the school year changes and so do we. come join my club '8th grade' and get advice on back to school shopping and getting ready for the drama and everything else 8th grade....plz click on my profile and click on the one that says 8th grade (positions like vp and secretary are open)

by _karen_ on 8/1/2013 3:12:16 PM

Mod,

Hi, I have a suggestion of who you guys should have for a cover on the magazine. I think you guys should have Lennon and Masiy Stella. They're girls who are great singers who started on YouTube and now are on the show Nashville. They're so talented its crazy!

Hey chica, thanks for the suggestion, we'll pass it on!

Kate G.

by Chloe<3 on 8/1/2013 2:52:19 PM

Mod mod mod
I messed up big time with my crush. I wanted his number, so I thought of an excuse to get it. I asked him on Facebook "hey what's your number" and he gave me it, but I didn't want to look like I wanted it and I kind of freaked out a bit, so I said "I accidentally messaged you, it was meant for my friend, but since I have your number, want mine then?". He totally saw right through that. He said "I guess... It's okay if you wanted my number". I didn't know what to say. I apologized, and he took it well. He said "lol don't be sorry. I don't care" we talked for a little bit more after that. How do I handle this today? Do I just tell him a story, or do I come clean and say I was nervous? I just don't want to be rejected. HELP!!!! Thanks Smile

Hey girl! Your crush sounds like a really nice guy- don’t
worry too much about it! It sounds like he already knows that you wanted his
number- and he was flattered. That said, relax, text him, and have a
conversation. He doesn’t bite!

Melissa T.

by isabellec on 8/1/2013 1:16:54 PM

hi MODMODMOD
I was jut wondering if you guys will be posting outfit ideas for the 'daddy's money shoes?

Hey chica! I don't think we have that specific post in mind, but I'll pass it on to see if it can get written! xoxo

Kate G.

by _karen_ on 8/1/2013 12:51:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I want to send my crush a message on FB to start talking to him, but I don't know what to say! please help, this is the first time ive ever tried to talk to a crush. And if he does respond, what other questions can I ask to keep the convo going? Thanks so much, I'm just so nervous!!!

Hey girl! Hopefully you two have something in common- do you like the same band or TV show? If so, try striking up a conversation about the band's newest album or what you think about the new season of your fave show.  Don't be nervous! Talking to crushes can be fun! If you're having a ton of trouble keeping the conversation rolling, wrap it up and try again another day.  Good luck!

Kate G.

by misbubbles on 8/1/2013 9:20:43 AM

MOD
what is a cotton shirtdress and how could you wear a dress with cutouts to school?

Hey chica! A cotton shirtdress is a dress that's made to look like it's a button down shirt, but it's longer than a regular shirt.  As for the dress with cutouts, you could wear it to a BTS party with your friends, or get one with cut outs in a fun place, like the hem of the dress or the sleeves! That way you can stay on trend without showing too much skin!

Kate G.