2 HOURS AGO Play up your pony with this runway trick: http://t.co/0g7gDEHONT #GLBeauty

3 HOURS AGO These pretty playmakers offer unlimited outfit options—which is what we all need, right? Win @OfficialNFLShop gear: http://t.co/enRZCWDOfv

4 HOURS AGO How to get your crush's attention…the *right* way: http://t.co/rsjv4Njfg0 #GuyAdvice

COMMENTS

What to do when the gossip is about you

Everyone enjoys reading a little bit from tabloids here and there—ya know, celebrity breakups, celebrity hookups and the dirty deets of our fave stars. But...

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Ok so I self harm.And people bully me everyday.Im thinkingg bout commiting suicide but I havent told anyone.I mostly cry myself to sleep everynight and I cant take it anymore.Ion want to be a snitch either.Help?
God Bless you.
xoxo~Destiny

Hi Destiny. The most important thing for you to do is to seek help immediately. Let someone, anyone, an school counselor, parent, police officer, or friend know that you self harm and are scuicidal.

I can't even imagine how hard that must be, or how much courage it takes for you to just go about your normal life with this weighing you down. I'm just very proud of you for being you, and carrying on, and I want you to know that you don't have to go through this alone. It takes an enormous amount of courage to talk about something like this with someone, but ultimately that is how to conquer fear. Don't let it paralyze you, please find someone you trust and speak out.

Here are some resources for you to get help immediately:

IF YOU OR A FRIEND IS INJURING YOURSELF*:
Kids Health
An umbrella site for issues of all kinds for teens, including issues about body image, sexual abuse, eating disorders, drugs and alcohol, and diseases, Kids Health’s teen web site (kidshealth.org/teen) has a section with information about cutting and self-abuse located atkidshealth.org/teen/your_mind/mental_health/cutting.html.

Psyke
Psyke (psyke.org) offers self-injury information and support in the form of personal forums, stories, FAQs, coping techniques, articles and external links to other excellent resources.

S.A.F.E. Alternatives
S.A.F.E provides a hotline where self-injurers can get a list of therapists who have experience treating teens who cut. Call 1-800-DONTCUT for resources in your area.

IF YOU OR A FRIEND IS FEELING SUICIDAL OR SUFFERING FROM SEVERE DEPRESSION:
Hotlines
If it is crucial that you get help right away, call 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) or 911 IMMEDIATELY. Suicidehotlines.com also offers hotlines in all 50 states for immediate help with suicide or self-harm issues.

Focus Adolescent Services
Focus Adolescent services (focusas.com) offers info on local help and resources for teens.

Depression.com
Depression is one of the most common problems for teenagers today. Help can be found at depression.com, which offers information on understanding depression, treating depression and dealing with depression in everyday life. The site also details how others have recovered from depression, and offers tips in maintaining mental health.

PEER-BASED HELP:
Teenline
Teenline (teenlineonline.org) is hotline staffed by teens from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. PST. (Call 310-855-HOPE or 800-TLC-TEEN; toll-free in California only). The site also offers a Youth Yellow Pages to look up specific resources, 24/7 email, message boards and info on outreach services.

Helen S.

by iloveart213 on 8/29/2013 5:47:07 PM

My BGF and I were texting and he brought up how I used to like a guy, B. Then he said that he thought I lied about liking B and actually liked and still do like my friend P. Then at a party that I couldn't make it to he told my best girl friend that he thinks I like P! I keep getting so mad at him but he never actually says it to my face and idk how to talk to him about him because he still is a really good friend. Sorry if this was confusing but THANK YOU

Hey girl, If this guy is gossiping about you, you need to bring it up with him in person.  Explain to him that he shouldn't be talking to people about your crushes at all, and especially when it's not true.  Hopefully he'll respect that and stop before it gets in the way of your friendship. xoxo

Kate G.

by xxnycbeauty on 8/16/2013 4:52:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I was at this website for teens and there was this advice page (like this) and there were all of these posts of girls as young as 14 talking about sex and whether or not they were pregnant and things like that. And the responses from the Officials were not like "you're too young" or "talk to your parents". I thought that you "had" to be at least 18 to have sex. I am VERY confused.

Hey girl,

Surfing around on the internet too much can bring you to pages you aren't necessarily interested in. While there's no age restriction or rule, taking those chances while you're young just isn't smart. Avoid websites and comment sections that make you uncomfortable, and remember that you can't trust any just any website official or anonymous comment section for advice when you come across it mistakenly. If you have any questions about sex, definitely talk to your parents. It's their job to be upfront and honest with you!

xo

Caroline C.

by TresSapphire on 8/12/2013 4:32:14 PM

Okay if the harassment continues then I will, thank you. You made me feel alot better

Hey girlie, glad I could help you! School should be somewhere that you feel safe so it's really important that you get things worked out if it does continue.

Lauren T.

by hinatagal on 8/5/2013 8:20:36 PM

Okay thank you, but I don't want the girl knowing my mom (my dad has work when I'm at school) came in. And I'm already registered to go to the same school even though my mom said I can go to another school, but my sister wanted to graduate there (she's a year older) so I didn't want her to be sad that she didn't get what she wanted.

Hey girlie, I think your sister will understand. You can't keep going to a school where you're afraid. It's important that you're happy wherever you are. Have your mom call first, and maybe she can come in before school starts or during class when no one will see her come in to talk to the Dean.

Lauren T.

by hinatagal on 8/5/2013 7:47:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD My parents are getting a divorce and my mom wants full custody of me.

Hey girlie, depending on how old you are, you might get the chance to tell the divorce court what you want. Custody will be court mandated, so they'll have to take your wants into consideration.

Lauren T.

by hottie1250 on 8/5/2013 7:42:45 PM

I'm 15 and going into my sophomore year.
Last year this girl kept getting these people to harass me and when I told the Dean the Dean said there are bigger problems then mine. They kept swearing at me out of no where, saying really mean things. And these were people I don't even know. I'm about to cry writing this message. They said sexual things and the Dean told the school social worker that I was lying because I was laughing when I was biting my lip trying not to cry, but the school social worker wouldn't believe me. This all happened towards the end of school.

I'm really scared I don't wanna go to school anymore

Hey girlie, have your parents talk to the Dean. It's not ok for the Dean to just let these things slide. If you're afraid to go to school then this is a seriously problem that they can't ignore. And if they continue to, talk to your parents about maybe going to a different school in the fall.

Lauren T.

by hinatagal on 8/5/2013 7:12:51 PM

In 5th grade,this mean girl spread a rumor about me. My BFF told me and I ignored it. I didn't let the rumor bother me. I stayed calm, cool, and collected, and unfazed. I ignored the mean girl and she realized she couldn't get to me and stopped.

Need advice? Comment on my page and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! No question is off limits! I will answer anything! Also, I need officers, so let me know if you're interested! Thanks for reading! Smile

by scamp24 on 8/5/2013 10:38:18 AM