10 HOURS AGO #BookClub: A lucky batch of book-lovin babes will score a copy of #Cinder to kick off our new book club. Enter here: http://t.co/UymDNwBfVb

11 HOURS AGO 7 more reasons we love hair chalk—get a week's worth of stellar styles: http://t.co/p7KSrefjYG

12 HOURS AGO The challenge is on, stylish sweeties! Enter the @mkc_couture #StyleSelfie contest: http://t.co/Ufc33qWyNE pic.twitter.com/FgoCyUPQST

COMMENTS

6 ways to stay close with your bestie--even if you aren't in class together

No classes with your bestie this year? Don’t sweat it! We have six sweet ways to staying friends no matter what your schedule throws at...

MOD MOD MOD MOD okay so my bestie's bday is in exactly 11 days and i have NO idea what to get her!!! She's turning 14 this year-- im already 14-- and im really stumped on this one! usually i have no prob but this year i just cant think of anything! i asked her for suggestions but she said she didnt know!! please help me out!

Hey chica- make her a scrapbook and leave a few pages on the end blank.  Get her a disposable camera and take some fun pictures of the two of your and your other friends so she can add more pages to the scrapbook! xoxo

Kate G.

by animalsrock22 on 8/14/2013 3:36:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Kate G. what day exactly (ex.) August 17 would it be on??

Hey chica! I'm really not sure, sorry! xoxo

Kate G.

by katie91501 on 8/9/2013 2:09:10 PM

MOD MO MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD I know this is not on this topic but.... How many weeks are in between periods each month mine ended on the 19th when should it come again??

Hey chica! Most periods have about 28 days (that's 4 weeks!) between when they start.  When you're young, that number can vary, and some people have more or less time between periods.  xoxo

Kate G.

by katie91501 on 8/9/2013 1:32:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My best guy friend just called and said he didnt want to be friends anymore bcuz he doesnt like my personality. He said hes changing ovr the summer and im not a good friend. I told him it was his choice and i didnt want to try and persuade him. So then he called back and said if i change then we can stay friends. I told him that true friends wuldnt want friends to change. And he said he was angry at me and hung up. How should i cope?

Hey girlie,

Maybe you should give
him some time to cool off and then try to have a conversation with him again.
Maybe you did something (even inadvertently) that hurt him, but you can’t be
sorry if you don’t even remember what it was! If he wants an apology, that’s
not asking you to change who you are, but if he doesn’t like, say, that you
like a certain TV show or ice cream, that’s definitely not ok!

Meghan D.

by YannaRox on 8/8/2013 10:38:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
What if I'm the frenemy? I have this "friend" that I really don't like. I want to like her, I'm nice to her, but I just don't like her. She's my best friend's other bestfriend. So yeah. What can I do? What do you do when you're the frenemy?

Hey! That's a tough situation, but the best way to handle it is to 1) be honest and 2) try to keep an open mind.  While you don't have to tell this girl you don't like her, you shouldn't be fake nice just to keep the peace. speak your mind without being mean and you'll feel a lot more at ease around her. As for keeping an open mind, try to find qualities about her that you do enjoy. If you find yourself getting mad when you're all together, ask yourself if she's being annoying or if you're just mad you have to share your other friend with her. good luck girl! hope this helps!

Helen S.

by LLL328 on 8/8/2013 7:43:36 PM

Who spells balogna baloney?

by Imacutegeek72 on 8/5/2013 10:54:26 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
So my best friend (of 10 years) has been acting 'too good' for everything lately, and we haven't talked in a long time. She is involved in theater and I don't know if her friends there are a good influence on her. Not too long ago, when we were hanging out, she showed me a picture that her theater friend sent her, and then I saw a text from my best friend that had the 'f' word in it. I never swear so I was taken aback by this. It bothered me all night, so I asked her about it. She said that they were texting a song back and forth... this year, we are starting high school, and she is going to an advanced high school for half of the day, and then my highschool for half of the day. We have no classes together, so we'll barely see each other. What should I do? Let her go, or try to reconnect? Sorry its long... thanks so much!

Hey girl! I know it's tough to feel close with your BFF when you aren't on the same page with social stuff. It's alright to grow up at different speeds and still stay close- just make an effort to do things together that you both still like to do.  Don't try to grow up faster because you want to catch up with her, but respect that she may use language or talk about things that don't make you comfortable.  Try and strike a balance, but if you feel like you're drifitng too far apart, don't be afraid to make other friends who aren't doing things that make you uncomfortable.  xoxo

Kate G.