7 HOURS AGO Don't get rid of your summer shorts yet! Style 'em into fall with these tricks: http://t.co/Xp7R765Nre

8 HOURS AGO A clean closet = a happy closet. A happy closet = tons of awesome outfits. Here's your plan: http://t.co/hwsRJ4DMlC

9 HOURS AGO Fashionable nails that – wait a minute—yep, have to do with school: http://t.co/OpeFgHDtgG

COMMENTS

I'm switching from home-schooling to public school...but everyone hates me

I’m home-schooled but going back to public school this fall. I was really excited about electives and cool classes until I found out that everyone...

i want to lose 5 lbs. or so can u give me tips on how to

hey! don't think about dropping pounds to meet a deadline. instead focus on having a healthy lifestyle year round with moderate exercise and a balanced diet. You may not drop weight in two weeks, but that's the way to maintain the right weight for your body. at girl's life we promote the idea that a healthy you is the most beautiful you there is. That being said I'm gonna direct you to our fitness page for all our info on healthy living Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/health-and-fitness.aspx

Helen S.

by pinkcat4305 on 8/29/2013 6:06:18 PM

So school starts in 2 weeks...and im sooooo nervous. I've never really had the most self-confidence and i get shy around people i don't know. i pretty much don't know what to say and i'm scared of embarrassing myself so i just end up giggling in response...it's a little weird. Most of my friends are in other classes and we have separate lunches. Any ideas on ways i can boost my confidence? (and maybe make some friends along the way?)

Hey girlie! Self confidence is all about faking it til ya make it.  If you tell yourself you're confident and you act like you are (head held high, striking up conversations, trying to make a few new friends), then pretty soon you'll actually be feelin' all of that confidence.  Good luck with the new year! xoxo

Kate G.

by halz123 on 8/15/2013 10:40:44 AM

I'm going to high school in two weeks and they don't give out school supply lists! What do I need to be ready for a great freshman year?! Please help!

Hey ContestLover1, the basics: notebooks, pens, pencils, high lighters, dictionary, paper, etc. I would wait until school to see if you need to buy anything else. Some of my higshchool teachers were picky about the type of notebooks and binders we used in their class, so maybe waiting until the first couple days of school will be beneficial for you. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by ContestLover1 on 8/6/2013 7:41:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

I'm really nervous because I'm switching from a super strange private school that has no tests, grades, homework, and we called our teachers by their first name. Now I'm switching to a gigantic high school that is 17x as big as my k-8 school. I'm so nervous! I don't know how to take a test or how not to get lost in a big school!

Hey chica! To make sure you don't get lost, try stopping by the school a day or so early and seeing if you can get a tour and map out where your classes will be.  When it comes to the coursework, you're going to have to rely on your teachers and your guidance counselor to help you make the switch.  If you notice yourself getting overwhelmed, ask your teachers if you can sit down with them and get some tips on what they think will help you do your best work.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by txtingirl on 8/6/2013 10:36:47 AM

I've been at public school all my life, and there's always people who don't like you. It sucks, because we shouldn't dislike people for trivial things, but the best way to deal is to ignore it, because for every person who may dislike you, you will have someone who likes you and cares! There is always someone who cares, you just have to look.

by 1cindercinder3 on 8/6/2013 8:33:10 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
okay so i have been trying to loose weight because I'm not fat but over weight. I tried exercising an eating healthy for a few months but i only lost 2 pounds so i gave up. Are there other ways for me to loose stomach weight?? I was thinking about cutting out junk food for the most part and not eating like a pig,(and than complaining about it later)so smaller portion sizes but not starving myself, and also riding my bike (but i would love other exercise ideas beside runnig, walking, riding, etc). I was also wondering if it's normal for me to be hungry all the time?? I tend to skip breakfast (I've been waking up super late lately) and eat a salad or other good portioned meal (not too big not too small) and than about an hour later i will get so hungry as if i haven't eaten all day!! Is this normal?? is it me growing or is there something wrong with me?? should i eat or hold off??? THANK YOU SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH in advance!!

Hey chica! Cutting out junk food and getting more active will definitely help ya get into shape.  As for why you're hungry- there can be tons of reasons! First of all (and you probs know this), you should be eating breakfast.  If you don't have time to sit down with a bowl of cereal, just grabbing a homemade muffin or an apple can help you stay fuller all day.  Second, when you're eating lunch, make sure you're striking a balance and eating things with fiber and protein.  Salads are great, but some lettuce doesn't fill you up, so try spinach or arugula to keep you feeling fuller.  You could also be growing! If you are really hungry, drink a glass of water and eat a small snack for a little bit of extra energy.  xoxo

Kate G.