1 HOURS AGO Transform your look with color-changing nail polish: http://t.co/IwZ0dhHpF4

13 HOURS AGO How to ask a guy out and not be super awk and sketchy: http://t.co/l6Imxj9xVp

16 HOURS AGO Feelin' crafty? Make mom the perf #MothersDay prezzie: http://t.co/Of1DdcU6k7

COMMENTS

Quick pre-tryout tone-ups to do, um, now!

The fall season is coming up faster than you care to think about, and the mere notion of try-outs have ya quakin' in your trainers...

i really want to lose 10-15 pounds (i am 4'9 and 92 pounds). i also want to get in shape. the only problem is i'm eleven and i'm in korea over the summer. i can't run around the neighborhood because it's kind of risky. also, i can only do stuff inside. do home workouts really work? how should i manage my time? please don't tell me to 'look at the workout section' because i already did. oh, and i got my period and my aunts told me i won't grow much because i got my period. is it true and are there ways so you can grow? thanks in advance.

Hey girlie,

I would definitely
talk to your doctor before you begin any type of weight loss program to make
sure you’re being safe and keeping yourself healthy! You can do workout videos,
yoga and pilates indoors, and if your house has stairs, you’ve got a built-in
Stairmaster! Maybe you could talk to your parents about taking a class or
getting a membership at a local gym or community center. As for growth, if you
eat enough fruit, veggies and protein and live a healthy lifestyle, you can keep
growing until you are 18!

Meghan D.

by sohi105 on 8/15/2013 11:02:37 PM

Thank you SO SO SO SO much!!!

by Littlepuppygirl on 8/13/2013 8:11:15 PM

MOD MOD (Lynae P.)
Thanks so much!! It really helps! But what about exercize? I would really LOVE to get in shape for 7th grade and all the sports!

Hey Littlepuppygirl, start off small girl. Do a couple jumping jacks and sit ups for a few minutes during the week. Then start incorporating leg squats and lunges and other ones you'd like to try. Glad I could help you girly! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Littlepuppygirl on 8/13/2013 7:39:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

So I'm 12 years old, and I'm about 4' 11 1/2", and I weigh about 107ish pounds. Do I weigh too much?
I want to lose weight, not just to be skinny and stuff, but I just want to get in shape. I am trying out for soccer, basketball, volleyball, and I am doing Cross Country and Track, and I want to be in shape for them! I have a huge muffin top, and I would like to get rid of it.
My mom doesn't want me to like run and stuff because she thinks I'm too young, so I don't know what to do.
Cutting out junk food is really hard for me, I just can't not eat high calorie foods or foods that are bad for you!It's really hard for me to not eat it! I don't know what to do!

Hey Littlepuppygirl, you can buy healthy alternatives to the foods you like. Check out Whole Foods market. They have such tasty stuff (pizza, hamburgers, fries, cake, candy) that's good for you. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Littlepuppygirl on 8/13/2013 7:20:42 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
why aren't any of my questions getting answered? i don't mean to sound rude but they aren't getting answered.

Hey Littlepuppygirl, sorry about that girl! Send your questions in and I'll be sure they get answered! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Littlepuppygirl on 8/13/2013 6:04:39 PM

Mod Mod Mod

Tomorrow is my first tennis practice at a new school where I don't know anyone and I'm super nervous. How can I make new friends on the team? How can I impress my coaches?

Please help
From a nervous nelly

Hey girlie, you're going to be great! Just play your hardest, but don't take yourself too seriously. I'm sure you'll have some downtime to talk to other girls on your team and get to know them better. Your team will get closer as a team, and you'll have new friends in no time!

Lauren T.

by fabsarah on 8/12/2013 6:00:42 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
I'm trying to decide what to wear on my first day of school. I want it to be pretty, not cute like an outfit a second grader would wear. I'm going into seventh grade. Okay, so does this sound cute : A gray tank with glitter and sequin embellishments, with a big heart in the middle that has glittery paint splattered all over it,with an attached light pink lace vest, with a jean denim skirt covered in sequins. Help!!!

Hey girlie! If you're looking for something a little more grown up, you may want to pick one less sequined piece. Try trading your mini skirt in for a cute pair of jeans or a plain denim skirt.  Other than that, it sounds great! xoxo

Kate G.

by Sarah510 on 8/8/2013 10:41:03 AM

@1cindercinder3 I'm going to do XC and marching band too.

I was talking to my parents about school supplies. I said that I needed a graphing calculator for AAT (Advanced Algebra and Trigonometry) because it was strongly recommended on my school's website. But my mom said "Can't you get an app for your iPod?" I can but my teacher is really strict and she won't allow iPods in her classroom. And I can't buy one by myself either because I am saving up for a band trip. So do you think I can use a scientific calculator for that type of math, and if not how can i convince my parents that I actually need a graphing calculator from this point on in math? Thanks.

Hey girl,

Wait until the first day of school and ask your math teacher if you def need one, and if it's worth the investment this year. If she says yes, ask her to email your mom (or send  a note home) so your mom knows it's an official suggestion/rule. That way she'lll help you out!

xo

Caroline C.

by kewauneegal on 8/7/2013 9:25:17 AM

I can't wait for fall, even though my sports are cross country and marching band (yeah, it's a sport, it requires lots of physical fitness and air control)

Need advice or someone to talk to? Chat me up on my profile or advice queen page! I'd be happy to answer!

by 1cindercinder3 on 8/6/2013 8:38:01 PM

I've been working out on a treadmill and I've been doing really well. But it gets so boring, so fast. I asked my mom if she would let me run around the neighborhood (it's not a subdivision, or gated or anything). She said hands down no and offered to walk with me. But I want to push myself and work up speed and endurance to see if I would like things like track- walking just won't do that. And any of the nearby parks would mean my parents would have to drive me their so they probably couldn't do that daily. Any other recommendations? Or any fixes? Please and thank you!

Hey cookiemonster15, add music to your workout to make it more exciting. There are lots of high energy fun songs you could exercise to that would keep your interest and energy up. Got any songs in mind? If not, I could suggest some for you. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.