AN HOUR AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

2 HOURS AGO #DudesDecoded—What "going out" reallllly means: http://t.co/82lzQAmYHK

3 HOURS AGO Hey craft-inista! DIY your own coconut scrub: http://t.co/3U1lijdXGz

COMMENTS

A cut below the rest

I was dating this really cute guy in my history class. After class one day, he came up to me and said, "Hey, I got...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
At the beginning of July my bgf asked me out and I rejected him because I wanted to protect our friendship..and because of a couple other reasons. He pretty much stopped talking to me after that and we haven't really talked all summer. We are going back to school next week and I really want to attempt to mend things and make things less weird before then. He is..or was my best friend. I know things are awkward now and can't be exactly the same between us but it is killing me not talking to him. I miss him so much. I want to text him..but now that we haven't talked for like two months almost..I don't know what to say. What should I do? Should I text him? Thanks so much, I appreciate the advice a lot<3

Hey maggie183, yeah I think you should text him. Just start with something simple like "Hey what's up?", to see if he's feeling better. If he seems interested in talking to you, let him know you miss him and want things to get back to normal. And if he doesn't want to talk to you or be friends, try to understand where he's coming from. Think of how you would feel if you were rejected by your crush. That would hurt. No one wants to be just friends with someone that they really really like. So he may need more time before he gets back to being your good friend. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by maggie183 on 8/20/2013 7:23:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I REALLY liked this guy during the school year, and I thought he liked me back. But he never asked me out..... So during the summer I got over him and now I like this other guy, and I think he likes me back. We've known each other for years and we just started liking each other. The new school year is about to start and I'm worried that my old crush will ask me out. I don't want to break any hearts, so I'm so confused. I guess I'm starting to have feelings for my old crush again.... I'm so confused!!!

Hey girlie, go with your gut feeling. Who would you be more upset if you couldn't have in your life? If you've missed your old crush all summer then you might want to go for him. But if you have a good feeling about this new guy then your old crush will move on.

Lauren T.

by atgeek456 on 8/19/2013 5:08:03 PM

why can't some boys just acknowledge girls feelings? what a jerk

by ladybugg on 8/18/2013 9:44:18 AM

What a jerk!!! 😝

by Dancer995 on 8/13/2013 7:09:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
This is gonna sound really stupid, but I don't know what mod means! Help!

Hey chica! MOD stands for "moderator".  Moderators are the group of GL interns who help answer your questions on the site! xoxo

Kate G.

by onedaymorehp22 on 8/9/2013 11:40:59 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD I have life threatning anaphylactic food allergies and I need an epi pen. At school now that I'm in middle school I'm supposed to be carrying them around with me, but I have no way. Last year, in 7th grade, I carried a purse and people made fun of me for having it and tried to steal it and get into it which was really annoying so I stopped carrying them with me and left them in my locker. This year my parents said I absolutely need to carry it around no matter what, do you have any suggestions on how I could?

Hey girlie,

If people are making
fun of you, don’t be afraid to tell them the truth! You could also keep it in a
zippered binder, pencil pouch or your backpack or a lunchbox. Allergies and
medical conditions are nothing to joke about, and if people are teasing you for
something you can’t control, that’s their problem, not yours!

Meghan D.

by redkyffin on 8/8/2013 11:18:36 PM

Dang that was really rude and immature! He doesn't deserve to date you, much less for you to look his way!

Hey girls! Need advice on this crazy thing we call high school? Chat me up on my advice queen page!

by 1cindercinder3 on 8/8/2013 9:55:55 PM

hashtag r-u-d-e

by §♥greyson_chance♥§ on 8/8/2013 6:26:39 PM

Melissa T. sorry for the confusion but I wasn't talking about my sisters finances bro when I said I met him twice I was talking about this different guy who my dad thinks it's funny to tease me about even though I don't even know him anyway it's not that my mom doesn't like my sisters finances bro she says that he's at a hard age I don't know though I feel like sometimes he try's to get my attention and I get really nervous so I ignore him or my sis will be right there and I feel like I can't talk to him I'm afraid she'll get mad if I do

Hey girl! Sorry about that! I’m not sure what you are
talking about with the first guy, but as for your sister’s fiance’s brother, it
sounds like you two should be friends? Your sister will be happy that you are
both getting along well, because afterall, you will be family soon.

Melissa T.

by redvelvetluv on 8/8/2013 3:13:25 PM

MOD Mod MOD
Hi. Tomorrow is my first day of school. I get REALLY nervous on the first day of school (like almost throw up nervous) and I was wondering if u had any advice? I think part of it might be seeing my crush again and the other part is a mixture of things I can't control or even tell what I'm nervous about.
Plz help, thanks Smile

Hey girl! The key to getting rid of nervous feelings is
first and foremost to be prepared. Know your schedule, know your teachers, and
know your classes! Check around with a few close friends before the first day,
and see if any of them have the same classes as you- then you can feel
comfortable getting there together, and already know someone in the class. If
you don’t know anyone, don’t worry! Keep a smile on your face and strike up
conversations with the people around you. Keep in mind you’re not the only
anxious person there- other people might be in the exact same boat as you.

Melissa T.

by Doglover50 on 8/8/2013 2:49:08 PM

Please help I'm really confused I feel really guilty
because I think I have feelings for my sisters finances bro
I wish that I didn't I mean I wish that I just liked him not like him like him
he's sorta a bad influence........and my sis says she doesn't like him
also sometimes when my parents joke about guys my dad brings up this guy
that Iv only seen twice I don't even know him but then my mom is like we don't wanna joke about
(my sisters finances bros name) he's not someone you wanna get mixed with
I feel bad because I never really had a crush before besides celeb crushes
and I feel like I shouldn't have to feel guilty for liking someone another thing is that I'm so shy around him and only really have small conversations with him he always starts the conversation
my sweet 16 party is tomorrow and I'm not sure if he's coming but if he does how can I talk to him without getting so flustered?

Hey girl! Woah there, slow down a bit. You’ve met him twice-
there’s nothing to be flustered about! Remember, he’s just a guy- and if mom really
doesn’t approve, and he’ll be family soon anyway, it’s best to move on now.

Melissa T.