13 HOURS AGO Make sure your first school dance is a night to remember!: http://t.co/cpIIIDwyjP

14 HOURS AGO Got a bad case of dance fever? Here's all the homecoming advice you need: http://t.co/f1AVsQG1cd

15 HOURS AGO Get up & be active with your BFF this fall w/ these fab and festive fall activities!: http://t.co/sIdZZkduFe

COMMENTS

My friend keeps canceling on me. How should I handle it?

A friend keeps canceling on me and I want to confront her but I don’t want to come off as bitchy as so many girls do. Dear...

mod mod mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am starting 6th grade and im scared that my friends going to change and that it will affect our friendship! should i worry about it?

Hey lovelivefashion, I don't think you should worry about it, but don't be surprised if it happens. People are constantly changing, especially young kids who are getting older. I'm sure you've changed, if even a little, between 5th grade and now. Not all change is bad or overwhelming. And sometimes people don't even realize they are changing. So if your friends start to act weird or treat you a certain type of way, remind them of how your friendship used to be and how much fun you all would have. I think you'll be fine girly. Have fun at middle school!! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by lovelivefashion on 8/20/2013 4:54:26 PM

Hey girls! Need help with boys, friends, fashion, school, beauty or anything else? Then join the club "Guide To A Fabulous YOU" and get great answers from our amazing officers usually within 24 hours!
You have a question? We have an answer!
Guide To A Fabulous YOU!

by coolkitten24 on 8/19/2013 11:31:43 AM

MOD MOD MOD My second oldest sister really irritates me sometimes I turned 16 on aug 5 but she still treats me like I'm 10 or 11 it's annoying if I wear a shirt that's meant to be off the shoulder she pulls it up on my shoulder if my bra straps show she covers them and she has a really bad mouth she says really gross inappropriate things and she knows I don't like some of the things she says so she'll tell me to cover my ears or go outside like I'm a child! I refuse to do ether of those if she wants say repulsive things she can go outside or not say anything she makes fun of me cause I'm attracted to Asian guys she'll say ewww there small I'm like seriously I'm only 16 and she's always making out with her finance when they come over my parents house I once caught them making out on the sofa and she was laying on top of him what should I do?

Hey girlie, have you tried talking to her about it? She probably just feels protective of you because you're her younger sister, and it sounds like she's a good bit older than you. If talking to her doesn't work, talk to your mom about it. I'm sure you can work something out to be able to get along better.

Lauren T.

by redvelvetluv on 8/12/2013 6:20:49 PM

Publishing the cuss word really wasn't necissary, Girls' Life. It can disturb a lot of people. I'm shocked you let it slide one time, even in a question. There are girls as young as 8 on here.

by LittleUsagiTewi on 8/9/2013 6:45:12 PM

mod mod mod i know im kinda overweight but i wanna know about how overweight i am so i think i weigh around pounds and im also whats an easy way to shave off my extra pounds thanks alot

Hey chica, Talk to your doc about a healthy amount of weight to lose- he or she will know what's a good weight for you to be at right now.  Unfortunately, there's no easy way to lose weight, it's all about cutting back on junk and working out. xoxo

Kate G.

by rain278 on 8/9/2013 2:48:44 PM

Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod!!
My goal for the school year is to eat healthy, get more exercise, and be a better person, friend, student... Anyway, if you have any ideas for back to school, please tell me. Articles, ideas, whatever else. I would love tips on how to accessorize for school, makeup, DIY, locker, health, exercises, friend things, whatever you have. (Sorry, I know that's a lot. You don't have to do all those, just ideas. Anything BTS will work.) But I have to wear a super strict uniform. I want to look cute with accessories and makeup but I can only have a few accessories. Also, my makeup would have to be very very subtle. No eyeshadow, eyeliner, just natural. They don't like us to wear makeup. Thanks Smile

Hey girlie! We're going to be doing tons of BTS stuff as the summer winds down, but for now, here are some fun hair ideas for BTS :http://www.girlslife.com/tag/quick-n-easy-bts-hair.aspx , and any of our work out tips will work for BTS: http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx .  Good luck with your goals!

Kate G.

by olivia1234 on 8/9/2013 11:43:04 AM

My dad's been being really mean to me ever since I was about 9. He keeps yelling at me for things I did or didn't do. He also calls me nasty names, names I can't even say. Everyone once in awhile he will push me or poke me really hard. He makes me feel horrible! I try telling my mom but she just says "HE won't listen to me". Now he's yelling at me for tattle telling to my mom on him. Do you think he hates me? What should I do?

Hey girlie! I'm sorry your dad is making you feel this way- I'm sure he loves you, there may just be something else going on in his life.  If your mom can't help, you should talk to another adult in your life- a grandparent, an aunt or uncle, or a guidance counselor at school should be able to help you.  They can try and sit down with your dad and help you explain to him that what he's saying and doing is hurtful to you. Good luck. xoxo

Kate G.