1 HOURS AGO He canceled on her to hit the movies with someone else–what would you do? http://t.co/iquGB2KiUL

2 HOURS AGO This original poem gives us all a new look at love: http://t.co/0zr0C7Xxma

3 HOURS AGO One lucky #grandprize winner bags a bunch of fab fall fashion from @JouJou_Jeans at @Nordstrom: http://t.co/HYsw4n4QDN

COMMENTS

Help! Kids are calling me names I don't like

Last year, I was leafing through a magazine and I pointed to a girl wearing an incredibly cute bathing suit and said, “That is such...

You know gay has another meaning. Gay can also mean happy. So if I was you and they called me Gay Girl or Gay Goth Girl, I would be like yeah I'm Gay Goth Girl. You know cause it also mean happy. And don't worry about them. I don't think you're gay. Everything will be okay.

by Beauty134ever on 8/24/2013 12:16:52 AM

People call me and my group of friends exactly the same names. It has even gotten to the stage where people will only sit with us in classes if there are no other available seats. Most guys won't talk to me beacuse of this because they don't want to be seen flirting/talking with the "lesbian emo". How do you deal with this kind of treatment from these peers?? Should we tell an adult?

Hey girl- You should absolutely tell an adult.  This is major bullying, and someone needs to put a stop to it.  Talk to your teacher or guidance counselor and try and get this sorted out.  You and your friends shouldn't be treated that way.  Good luck. xoxo

Kate G.

by Summalovin on 8/19/2013 4:21:17 AM

Aww,I'm sorry you're having a tough time, chicka!

by gingerpie on 8/13/2013 8:30:37 PM

That is so dumb and immature.

by glitterheart16 on 8/13/2013 5:28:30 PM

If I were in your shoes, I would just be like "I'm not gay, but if I was, I would be so proud of it." The bullies would start to feel pretty stupid after that

by Blushing-Beauty on 8/13/2013 11:13:14 AM

its so lame how popular people thinkt that they can make fun of ppeople just because they want to, i mean seriously? calling someone gay just because they liked a swimsuit??

by taylor kane on 8/13/2013 10:07:29 AM

I know it's hard to do, but something similar happened to me, and this is what I did. I owned it. When someone called me that I would be like, yea pretty much, now only my friend call me that, but it's ok. Honestly, it goes away, my advice, you OWN IT!!!!!!!!!

by PuddinHead on 8/13/2013 6:52:52 AM

Firstly, I don't think there is anything wrong with being gay.In fact "gay" isn't even an insult. It means happy! Next time someone calls you gay, tell them you like the compliment. What's the best, and definitely most effective, way to make a bully like that so called popular girl? A smile! Smile When anyone sees you laughing and smiling despite their so-called insults, they tend to be affected deeply.
~~~
Anyways, if they still don't stop, and this bullying/teasing gets any worse, you should tell an adult. Don't let these types of people step on you. But don't fight them back (physically/derogatory terms) or yell at them, either! That's sinking to their level; everyone knows that the lower you sink, the harder it is to climb back up. You also need to understand that they're people too. They might have issues at home or maybe bullies of their own, so try not to be a bully, either.
~~~