12 HOURS AGO 20 tricks for squashing school stress: http://t.co/kUvA73dtXa

13 HOURS AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

13 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

COMMENTS

The 5 best things about gym class

It's easy to moan and groan about gym, but let's be honest: It's not all bad. Here are the top-five things we heart about phys...

Mod mod mod mod
Okay so im pretty athletic, I play soccer outside of school and I get athletic awards at school. But I think that I have gigantic thighs. I'm not overweight for my age and height but I don't like how my thighs look with certain clothes. Do you have any ideas on what to wear and/or get my thighs smaller????

Hey! Sounds to me like you have a rockin' bod! I know a lot of swimmers with very muscular thighs, and I just want to take this opportunity to say that having a strong-built body is great and beautiful. It means you're healthy and in great shape. The way to make the change you're looking for would be to stop being as atheletic, and why would you give up a sport you enjoy? My advice is to learn to love your thighs. I know it's not as easy as it sounds. Everyone, including me, has things about their body that they wish they could change, but since this is that body I got, I think it's really liberating that I try to love it just the way it is. There are moments of doubt or times when i feel jealous of how someone else looks, but then i just try to reinforce some positive thoughts about myself to get through it. I hope this helps!

Helen S.

by GoldenCupcake13 on 8/31/2013 11:53:24 AM

Also I forgot to add on my comment before that we only get 5 minutes between classes!! Thanks again!

by lollipop68 on 8/23/2013 10:09:52 AM

Help!! I'm going into high school, and will have P.E. for second hour during 2nd semester!! I know it won't be 2nd semester when school starts, but I was curious if you guys knew anything cheap that I could maybe use to kinda 'wash up' with and not be all gross, red-faced and sweaty after gym.. Thanks in advance!!! Laughing

Hey girly! There are tons of face wipes from great skincare brands that you can pick up at Target, the grocery store, or a drugstore.  Stick them in your locker or gym bag and duck into the bathroom for a quick scrub before all the grime settles into your skin during your next class! xoxo

Kate G.

by lollipop68 on 8/23/2013 10:08:38 AM

Mod mod mod
I wear glasses and I have long eyelashes that always touch them. I don't know what to do with them!!! It always bothers me when they touch my glasses and I don't have an eyelash curler and I'm pretty sure my mom doesn't want me to use one. So what do I do?? Thanks in advance!!

Hey chica! Embrace your long lashes- most people would be jealous of them! You could try curling them with some clear mascara- just make sure they're dry before you put your glasses back on! xoxo

Kate G.

by Heyheyheyz on 8/22/2013 1:02:44 PM

The best thing about gym....being with my BGFs and besties!!!We just goof around and get into trouble..were mischeivious!!!
xoxo

by pinterest on 8/22/2013 11:05:42 AM

I don't have PE because I am in Colorguard/Winterguard/Marching Band and my school. And it is one of the hardest sports out there. You have to count and stay in time witht he music and other members, get to a certain location with a certain number of steps and a certain step size, and either dance, toss a flag or toss a rifle, and also while not hitting a marching band member or other guardie. Tong Not to mention the 5 hour practice every day after school, and the 15 hour practices on weekends.

by AnimalHugger1000 on 8/21/2013 11:18:27 PM

I LOVE GYM!! It's the only time I get to have fun, and be competitive (I'm overly-competitive...). Plus, I can show off my awesome sport skills! Laughing

by pepper444 on 8/21/2013 3:01:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
how can i convince my rents to let me wear makeup to school? They find the idea of makeup horrible and they are all like girls your age are so insecure bla bla embrace natural beauty bla bla bla. My mom lets me wear makeup over the summer put not to school. And im not allowed to buy my own mascara or eyeliner i have to borrow some of my moms evern though she doesnt even wear makeup she wont let me have it! I really want to wear makeup!

Hey chica! Your parents are right, you should embrace your natural beauty, but that doesn't make makeup and less appealing.  Ask your mom if you can buy some brown or black mascara of your own- not only can sharing be frustrating, it's not safe to share things like mascara because the bacteria on your eyelashes isn't the same as the bacteria on your mom's.  You could also ask her for smaller things- lip gloss is pretty low key, so that might be a good place to start.  In the end, if your parents make you wait awhile, you have to listen to them.  They're doing what they think is right for you! xoxo

Kate G.

by romeo2121 on 8/21/2013 2:40:13 PM

I have to wear a uniform for P.E. If you don't they take points off your grade. Frown

by vummibear on 8/21/2013 2:24:51 PM