Bridget M.

is modding

9 MINUTES AGO Yup, someone got suspended for trying to lose a basketball game on purpose: http://t.co/4sVOQLuwc9

AN HOUR AGO OMG @DisneyChannel is creating a #Frozen show: http://t.co/9uEuA3tXot

2 HOURS AGO The trick to getting a perfectly wavy mane: http://t.co/7RLVMA50fz

COMMENTS

My school nurse checked my back and said I might have scoliosis!

My school nurse checked my back and said I might have scoliosis! What does that mean and how did I get it? If your nurse...

I have scoliosis and I've had a brace for almost two years and I'll be getting it off soon. Bracing isn't very enjoyable, but sometimes it needs to be done. My doctors say that you stop growing (for the most part) two years after your first period, so that's when you can get your brace off. But anyways, don't panic. If you're going through puberty now and the doctors don't expect the curve to grow, you have nothing to worry about.

by glgirl1199 on 8/25/2013 8:52:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD I rlly wana do contact boxing but wenever i ask my parents they say, "You mean like geting punched in the face???? No WAY!!!" They r ok with me doing noncontact boxing but iv been doing it a while and i rlly wana do contact boxing. I hav even found a nice looking gym near us. What should i do??

Hey girlie, keep up the noncontact boxing from now. When you get really good at it and a little bit older then talk to your parents again.

Lauren T.

by Ash166 on 8/25/2013 8:04:15 PM

I have to wear a scoliosis brace Frown

by HappySunshine on 8/25/2013 7:54:54 PM

I have scoliosis and I had to wear a back brace for about four years. It sucked a lot and it was awkward and embarrassing tbh.

by carinaamina on 8/25/2013 7:52:24 PM

The school nurse thought the same thing about me, because my shoulders are uneven. But that has absolutely nothing to do with my spine, and even though we got it checked out with an x-ray, my family and doctor had all pretty much figured out that I might fail the test beforehand. My right leg grew about a centimeter longer than my right- enough so I put more weight on it and it throws off my alignment a bit, but not enough to do anything. My Dad has the same thing. Get it checked out, but it's possible that it could be nothing or just something weird, not a problem. It's not worth it to stress unless you get the x-ray and it does turn out that something needs to be done.

by Pauline07 on 8/25/2013 7:42:50 PM

I have scoliosis, and I disagree with the last sentence of this article, because if an activity is one-sided, like tennis,badminton or baseball (playing in gym class is okay),and playing the flute or violin, where you are constantly leaning to one side it can cause the curve to deepen and get a lot worse. I had a friend who had to have surgery because her very mild scoliosis got really bad from tennis and playing the flute. Lauren T.

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 8/25/2013 6:33:45 PM

I went to my peditrication a little bit ago and when she took a look at my back when I bent over to touch my toes she said I might have scoliosis,too. Most people ( or at least that I know of) people who go get X-Rays to check, like I did, don't end up having it. I don't. My friend does and she has to wear a brace during the day, but not during sleeping or being active. Don't worry ; I'm sure you're fine!!!!! Smile

by Sarah510 on 8/25/2013 6:10:27 PM