12 HOURS AGO RT @Fanlala: See what questions @PeytonList answered yesterday for @girlslifemag! http://t.co/YwPnWyG3Ra

16 HOURS AGO Play up your pony with this runway trick: http://t.co/0g7gDEHONT #GLBeauty

17 HOURS AGO These pretty playmakers offer unlimited outfit options—which is what we all need, right? Win @OfficialNFLShop gear: http://t.co/enRZCWDOfv

COMMENTS

Score surfer-girl confidence tips from Bethany Hamilton, plus WIN a new smile!

Surfer Bethany Hamilton knows what it’s like to radiate confidence. (Um, hello, have you seen her smile?) But the secret to her glow isn’t about...

I'm so sad i missed the deadline! I have never had braces and my parents are on a tight budget so when I smile my beautiful crooked, yellow teeth I feel so embarrassed! What makes me Smile was the importunity at hand, yet my negligence has let it slip by. Oh, Well

:C

by JJRossalina on 9/25/2012 7:04:48 PM

Goodness, a bunch of things make me smile, I always hide my smile though, I don't really have the confidence for my crooked teeth.. But I think it's just the earth that makes me smile. Seeing a breathtaking sunrise, or a wondrous starry nights, it's little things like that. I pray that y'all pick me, you no idea how much it'd mean to me..

by digitalvioleteyes on 9/6/2012 7:37:57 PM

So many things make me happy and sad in life, but the thing thing that makes me grin the most is knitting. One of my favorite hobbies is knitting, which is quite rare in our modern world. Knitting helps me relax, and lets me express myself in what I choose to make. Whenever I finish knitting something, for example, a hat, I look back at all the memories that I created knitting it and the time and patience it took to turn it into the finished product, a hat. Every time I look at and pick up my knitted hat, I look back at all the good memories I had with it, from its birth from yarn and knitting needles, to wearing it and showing it to friends and family. When I'm reflecting on these memories, I can't help but sport a huge toothy grin!

by misselaineous on 9/1/2012 12:31:50 AM

Here are a few things that make me smile:
1. When someone compliments me.
2. When my parents tells me I am a good mom.
3. When my children laugh.
4. When I feel my baby girl move inside me. She is due 9-24.
5. Listening to a good song while I go walking.
6. Watching a funny movie with my husband.

A few of these happen very seldom, which is one reason they make me smile. I appreciate and value those rare occasions.

by Kelly Hoerter on 8/31/2012 11:01:27 PM

Hey Bethany!!!

Well, I'm ninteen-yesrs-old and from a small town called Eufaula in Oklahoma. I have very crooked teeth, and because of it, I've never felt really pretty. No matter how cute my hair or outfit is, I always feel like the first thing everyone sees is my crooked smile. My mother wanted to get me braces when I was younger, but my stepdad never let her go through with it. Now my mom doesn't work at her high-paying job anymore, so now we can't afford braces for me. What would make me smile proudly more than anything is to be able to confidently show the world my smile, and to not feel like it's holding me back. One of the hardest things to do was to perform in marching band color guard, where we had to smile big in front of everyone. I loved color guard so much, and I want to do it in college, but I know I could smile ten-times bigger with beautiful straight teeth! I hope you see this and hear me out, because it would mean the world to me!!!

xoxo, Nichole Marie Lineberger

by NicholeMarie on 8/31/2012 9:31:22 PM

What makes me

by GL4life1 on 8/31/2012 5:15:48 PM

I write on behalf of my 8 y/o daughter Desiray who has down syndrome and cannot write for herself just yet! If you mention beach, swimming, surfing or bathing suit you will get THE biggest smiles ever from our little princess. She loves hanging out at the beach, in the bathtub or at the pool. Just let show her the water BABY! Don't take my word for it. Walk up to Desi and simply say, "Beach!" Then watch her face light up. Yep, that's our water baby.

Hi Desiray! Here at GL, we love the beach too! We def have swimming in common. Thanks for visiting GL and leaving us a comment! xoxo

lauren I.

by desigirl2003 on 8/31/2012 3:16:41 AM

Hi Bethany!

What makes me smile is going secret beach hunting with my dad. We go adventuring around to find shells and sea glass and mysteries the ocean brings a shore. Then, it never fails, he finds a heart shaped rock and gives it to me. Thats the moment I smile the biggest. Not only on my face but in my heart. Smile I love my daddy and I love to smile!

by victoriabartlett on 8/31/2012 12:31:39 AM

I smile when I see other people overcome their difficulties because I struggle with my own. It gives me hope that one day I will be able to do the same.

by PoDoll on 8/31/2012 12:18:19 AM

Everything I have makes me smile. My family, my home, my friends, and my sports are only a few examples. But all these amazing blessings are from God, and he's the one I have to thank for everything, especially his son's resurrection on the cross. Nothing in life is going to be perfect, we're human it can't be, but having a realationship with Jesus Christ helps me perservere through those hard times when I'm not smilling. Whatever kind of mixups and people this life throws at me, I know that Jesus conquered it all with love, and I can conquer it too with the him and the Holy Spirit in me. I guess that's why I always smile. Having that realization is like building a house on stable rock, it will never collapse when a storm comes. And after the storm the feeling that you have overcome is priceless! My point is that God uses everything, good and bad, according to his purpose, and trusting this is what makes me smileSmile

by Natalie<3Bethany on 8/30/2012 11:22:27 PM