AN HOUR AGO When to put the breaks on your #FWB relationship: http://t.co/QHXXVEw8w4

2 HOURS AGO Hey #DMV divas, snag awesome internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/jdgIrHLbpE

3 HOURS AGO Which British babe is your love match? Take the quiz to find out: http://t.co/lkhrqfSRK3

COMMENTS

Score surfer-girl confidence tips from Bethany Hamilton, plus WIN a new smile!

Surfer Bethany Hamilton knows what it’s like to radiate confidence. (Um, hello, have you seen her smile?) But the secret to her glow isn’t about...

Many things make me smile in life. Nothing makes me smile more than God though. What makes me happiest, is when I get the chance to show others God through my music. It makes me smile when I make others smile, whether its from my music or my writing, or even a silly come back. It makes me smile when others are smiling, even if I have no clue why they are smiling. It makes me smile when my friends sucessed. It makes me smile when I sucessed. Many things make me smile, I love being happy. When I am going through something hard, those little things that make me smile, is what gets me through. I have learned recently that God can really use me to help others through my music. I have smiled countless numbers of times, but nothing has made me smile more than that! God is the only one who can bring the truest smiles to our faces.

by twokey99 on 8/30/2012 6:08:41 PM

So many things make me smile. I can't even name one THIRD of it all! Sometimes I smile for no reason at all! Seeing someone happy makes me smile. My friends make smile because they are so funny and loving. When I see people doing kind acts I smile. Doing what I have been blessed by God to do makes me smile. That includes dance, violin, singing, computer engineering, and SO MUCH MORE! Whenever I sense just the smallest amount of love I will smile. I smile when I succeed in something and even when I don't(sometimes). I smile because I have been blessed with a loving family and good friends. I smile because I am alive today to type that. I smile when I meet new people and receive opportunities. I smile because I am so thankful for what I have and who I am even though I am not perfect. Because a lady told me when she sees me smile I make her day instantly, I choose to smile as often as possible to touch others positively as well. Good luck all, Congrats Be thany, and God Bless you all!Smile

by orangecake on 8/30/2012 5:35:46 PM

The thing that makes me smile the most is doing what I love....and that is MUSIC! I started playing guitar when I was 8 years old! I am now 10 and I love nothing more than to grab my guitar and write music or play music by my favorite artists! When I am doing music I seem to forget about all the crazy things going on with school or friends or whatever and I just play! I love to perform and make other people smile too! I have to say that I did give a big smile when I walked in my orthodotists office and saw a signed picture of you hanging in the front office! I believe you are such an inspiration to so many young girls like myself to persevere in life and to push on no matter who is making fun of you or staring at you or what obsticles come in the way of your dreams! A simple smile will help get you through in life!!

by KaitlynM on 8/30/2012 3:03:46 PM

I love to teach kids how to surf. When they catch their first wave, the energy and smile on their face is contagious. It takes me back to the place when I caught my first wave......and I smileSmile I am blessed to share the gift of the ocean. Bethany, thank you for being my personal inspiration for my surfing! You make me smile tooSmile You're AMAZING!
LOVE~
izzi

by gromzilla on 8/28/2012 3:42:02 PM

My baby brother makes me smile. I have always wanted a little brother even though I'll be 12 years older than him! I love him with all my heart and I just want to thank God for blessing me and my family with a little bro-bro.

by caityrican on 8/28/2012 3:16:14 PM

What makes me smile is success in my life. When I finally performed a perfect block in volleyball, and I heard my teammates cheering for me, I couldn’t help but beam. I had been working on the block for quite a while and to successfully perform it made my day. My friends also make me smile. They make me laugh and go out of their way to cheer me up when I’m upset. When I see how much they love me and how hard they try to make me happy, I have no other choice but to smile and cheer up. Knowing that I have been blessed with a loving God in my life makes me smile the most. I smile because I have so many talents to use to the best of my ability for His glory. I play several instruments and every time I think of giving up, I just remember that it will work out because “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Everyday I see Him working in my life, and He will always gives me the joy to smile.

by La Vida Tess on 8/27/2012 10:30:27 PM

Watching a someone come to Christ makes me smile! For the past two years, I have lived in Ethiopia and I was able to witness orphans,widows, and people who live in poverty come to find their smile in life in the hope that Jesus Christ gives. So watching their lives being completely transformed in such a hard state makes me realize how much we can be thankful for every day and that is what puts a smile on my face!

by LydiaHeye on 8/27/2012 1:58:35 PM

What makes me smile is performing; doing what I love. When I am up on the stage, or even just singing, dancing, or acting for my family and friends, I can't help but smile. To know that I am sharing my love and inspiration with people I may or may not know is the best feeling ever. When I know that it may be the first, or last person anyone will see a musical theatre performance the joy I feel bubbles over and explodes out of me in a starburst that makes everyone else happy to. I love doing what I do, and that is what makes me smile.

by theatricaldarling on 8/27/2012 2:49:34 AM

Hi Bethany. I would love to thank you so much for showing me hope in life. 2 years ago I was diagnosed with seriouse breast cancer. Your story helped me through the pain. It gave me enough strength and hope to be hear today. I used to be shy around others, and I rarely smiled. While I was in the hospital, someone who I didn't know walked up to me and said, I'll be there for you. I'll give you hope. From that day forward I decided that I would smile for everything that I had left in life. That if I died I would die happy. And god let me live. The day I left the hospital was the happiest day of my life. Every person reading this message, understand this. It really does get better. God bless you all and god bless the world and bring peace!

by Chihuahuasrcool on 8/25/2012 11:38:34 PM

I smile when I'm with my family or on the soccer field. I love to be with my little brothers because they are just hilarious!

by scoot on 8/25/2012 9:52:06 PM