4 HOURS AGO Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/5YPicHugUv

6 HOURS AGO Find out your body confidence: #GLQuizzes http://t.co/rxV4mmtlqo

7 HOURS AGO Keep those brows in check! Follow these tricks on how to keep up with them: http://t.co/MaRLHigakT

COMMENTS

Score surfer-girl confidence tips from Bethany Hamilton, plus WIN a new smile!

Surfer Bethany Hamilton knows what it’s like to radiate confidence. (Um, hello, have you seen her smile?) But the secret to her glow isn’t about...

As corny as it may seem I smile because I am able to wake up each morning. I smile because I am so blessed to have my wonderful family that loves and supports me in everything I do. I smile because I live in a nation where anything is possible. I smile because of my amazing friends and their impact they have made on my life. From all the cheering up and joking around. I smile because I have every reason to.

by NINADASIY on 8/24/2012 11:47:39 PM

Things that make me smile c: Well, i could go on for ever, one direction, my BEST friend, my brother, my cousin, and a lot of other things. And even though i have this really messed up tooth, I am NOT afraid to smile because smiling is like one of the most amazing things to do. and i bet everyone has at least ONE thing that makes them smile. And one day, on facebook, I saw this post, And it said "smile while you are young.Smile while you can because someday, you may not have teeth." And like i said about me having that messed up tooth, at least it is there, at least that spot isn't empty. Smiling is a gift, a very great gift, and that gift is the BIGGEST thing that makes me smile. c:

by mollyvickers on 8/24/2012 9:07:42 PM

Well, I don't smile a lot, because of my teeth. We don't have money to get braces for me, and since we just moved, we don't have dental insurance. So, basically, I am stuck with my crooked teeth. My front teeth on top are starting to overlap, and on bottom too. And on the bottom, the teeth right next to my two front ones are pushed WAY back. I am so sick of hearing about how crooked my teeth are. And I need to have straight teeth to be an actress, which is my dream.

REASONS WHY I LAUGH:
1. My friends.
2. My Dad, Brother, and Mom.
3. Just because.

I absolutely LOVE to laugh. And smile, too. They are the greatest things to do. Sometimes I force myself to laugh when I am sad, and then it becomes real laughter. But it is so hard to smile when you have really crooked teeth like I do. I want more than anything to have beautiful, straight teeth, like all of my friends around me. I miss being able to laugh, and smile with my teeth...
-A

by 17AHefter on 8/22/2012 2:54:39 PM

I live by the quote "Live, Love and Laugh". I laugh and smile more than anything but it always leaves me self conscious because I have a gap in my teeth and a crooked smile. But I laugh and smile on anyway because I am thankful for what I have in life and what God has given me. My family and fiends always seem to make me smile no matter what good and bad times. I am so blessed to have what I have so I feel if I keep smiling everything will always be alright. Bethany has taught me to never take for granted what you have and to always smile no matter what. I feel if I had a better smile I could live happier and prettier and use my smile to make other people smile and pass on joy just through a smile to someone. Keep laughing and Smile on. With my smile I hope to bring joy and laughter to other people and help others realize everything can be okay no matter what happens. Smile

by malenaaa on 8/22/2012 2:52:25 AM

Life makes me smileSmile

by Sula D on 8/21/2012 6:46:48 PM

I love to smile! It can totally change your whole day if you just smile. But what makes me smile most is knowing that I made someone happy, even at my sacrifice. If there is anything I can do to make someones day I am more than happy to do it and do it with a big smile! I had an argument with a teacher before and later we got over and have become really good friends. I wrote her a letter one day because I knew she was having a rough day and when she read it she cried and wrote me one back. It was one of the greatest days of my life to see us go from "enemies" to great friends and I was able to make her smile. And that is what really make me smile knowing that the people I love and care for are smiling too. But I wish I could always smile, but I'm not really confident in my smile and I look at these girls perfect smile and am happy they have such beautiful smiles and I hope to one day to be able to smile at anything and everything and not worry. SMILE

by madisonjharris on 8/21/2012 4:40:52 PM

What makes me smile, is my family! I have been married to the love of my life for 13yrs and we have 5 amazing kids! Laila 10 Jaivin 8 Kaiden 7 Alaina 5 and Lillee Sue 3! Smile They light up my life on a daily basis. I also home school them all which I adore and makes life very busy! I have always been the girl who puts on a smile infront of everyone, but then when the door is closed cried my eyes out bc I hated myself and the way I looked so bad. I decided 2yrs ago that I was going to change that. I started teaching Zumba and -54lbs and teaching 3classes a week, I feel the best I have ever felt! Smile But at the end of the day I still feel self conscious of my smile. My parents never had $ for dental care when i was growing up so i have super crooked teeth, to the point that my kids mention "mommys crooked teeth". I was to smile and feel amazing for once Smile Bc I LOVE to smile and I have soo much to smile about SmilePhill.4:13 this has been my moto for the last 2yrs Smile W/out HIM I am nothing!

by bethanymny on 8/21/2012 4:38:23 PM

I love to smile except I don't do much because of my teeth. The things that make me smile though are being with my BFF at gymnastics. Watching Winx Club, Soul Surfer and H2O. Getting to play outside and knowing that each and every day I wake up is always a new day to enjoy.

by cheepette8 on 8/21/2012 4:37:07 PM

by madisonjharris on 8/21/2012 4:35:43 PM

Many things make me smile everyday! In the past years I havent always been confident smiling but I realized I have SO much to be happy and thankful for! My family of course brings me joy all the time; there laughs and love is something I always look forward to. I think the one thing that brings a smile to my face every single day is God and how much he has helped my family! He is someone who will always be there forever and always. He gave us hope when there didnt seem to be much and that is the biggest reason to smile to me! Much love and thank you for the oppurtunity!

by ChloeChristiansen on 8/21/2012 4:33:00 PM