9 HOURS AGO Which summer sport's got ya game? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/Ici50wNgla

12 HOURS AGO Tell us how you feel in our survey about smoking: http://t.co/6Q9EeXv0yg

12 HOURS AGO 5 fun fitness guru videos: http://t.co/ltFmHhPXLG

COMMENTS

Score surfer-girl confidence tips from Bethany Hamilton, plus WIN a new smile!

Surfer Bethany Hamilton knows what it’s like to radiate confidence. (Um, hello, have you seen her smile?) But the secret to her glow isn’t about...

I'm so sad i missed the deadline! I have never had braces and my parents are on a tight budget so when I smile my beautiful crooked, yellow teeth I feel so embarrassed! What makes me Smile was the importunity at hand, yet my negligence has let it slip by. Oh, Well

:C

by JJRossalina on 9/25/2012 7:04:48 PM

Goodness, a bunch of things make me smile, I always hide my smile though, I don't really have the confidence for my crooked teeth.. But I think it's just the earth that makes me smile. Seeing a breathtaking sunrise, or a wondrous starry nights, it's little things like that. I pray that y'all pick me, you no idea how much it'd mean to me..

by digitalvioleteyes on 9/6/2012 7:37:57 PM

So many things make me happy and sad in life, but the thing thing that makes me grin the most is knitting. One of my favorite hobbies is knitting, which is quite rare in our modern world. Knitting helps me relax, and lets me express myself in what I choose to make. Whenever I finish knitting something, for example, a hat, I look back at all the memories that I created knitting it and the time and patience it took to turn it into the finished product, a hat. Every time I look at and pick up my knitted hat, I look back at all the good memories I had with it, from its birth from yarn and knitting needles, to wearing it and showing it to friends and family. When I'm reflecting on these memories, I can't help but sport a huge toothy grin!

by misselaineous on 9/1/2012 12:31:50 AM

Here are a few things that make me smile:
1. When someone compliments me.
2. When my parents tells me I am a good mom.
3. When my children laugh.
4. When I feel my baby girl move inside me. She is due 9-24.
5. Listening to a good song while I go walking.
6. Watching a funny movie with my husband.

A few of these happen very seldom, which is one reason they make me smile. I appreciate and value those rare occasions.

by Kelly Hoerter on 8/31/2012 11:01:27 PM

Hey Bethany!!!

Well, I'm ninteen-yesrs-old and from a small town called Eufaula in Oklahoma. I have very crooked teeth, and because of it, I've never felt really pretty. No matter how cute my hair or outfit is, I always feel like the first thing everyone sees is my crooked smile. My mother wanted to get me braces when I was younger, but my stepdad never let her go through with it. Now my mom doesn't work at her high-paying job anymore, so now we can't afford braces for me. What would make me smile proudly more than anything is to be able to confidently show the world my smile, and to not feel like it's holding me back. One of the hardest things to do was to perform in marching band color guard, where we had to smile big in front of everyone. I loved color guard so much, and I want to do it in college, but I know I could smile ten-times bigger with beautiful straight teeth! I hope you see this and hear me out, because it would mean the world to me!!!

xoxo, Nichole Marie Lineberger

by NicholeMarie on 8/31/2012 9:31:22 PM

What makes me

by GL4life1 on 8/31/2012 5:15:48 PM

I write on behalf of my 8 y/o daughter Desiray who has down syndrome and cannot write for herself just yet! If you mention beach, swimming, surfing or bathing suit you will get THE biggest smiles ever from our little princess. She loves hanging out at the beach, in the bathtub or at the pool. Just let show her the water BABY! Don't take my word for it. Walk up to Desi and simply say, "Beach!" Then watch her face light up. Yep, that's our water baby.

Hi Desiray! Here at GL, we love the beach too! We def have swimming in common. Thanks for visiting GL and leaving us a comment! xoxo

lauren I.

by desigirl2003 on 8/31/2012 3:16:41 AM

Hi Bethany!

What makes me smile is going secret beach hunting with my dad. We go adventuring around to find shells and sea glass and mysteries the ocean brings a shore. Then, it never fails, he finds a heart shaped rock and gives it to me. Thats the moment I smile the biggest. Not only on my face but in my heart. Smile I love my daddy and I love to smile!

by victoriabartlett on 8/31/2012 12:31:39 AM

I smile when I see other people overcome their difficulties because I struggle with my own. It gives me hope that one day I will be able to do the same.

by PoDoll on 8/31/2012 12:18:19 AM

Everything I have makes me smile. My family, my home, my friends, and my sports are only a few examples. But all these amazing blessings are from God, and he's the one I have to thank for everything, especially his son's resurrection on the cross. Nothing in life is going to be perfect, we're human it can't be, but having a realationship with Jesus Christ helps me perservere through those hard times when I'm not smilling. Whatever kind of mixups and people this life throws at me, I know that Jesus conquered it all with love, and I can conquer it too with the him and the Holy Spirit in me. I guess that's why I always smile. Having that realization is like building a house on stable rock, it will never collapse when a storm comes. And after the storm the feeling that you have overcome is priceless! My point is that God uses everything, good and bad, according to his purpose, and trusting this is what makes me smileSmile

by Natalie<3Bethany on 8/30/2012 11:22:27 PM

Many things make me smile in life. Nothing makes me smile more than God though. What makes me happiest, is when I get the chance to show others God through my music. It makes me smile when I make others smile, whether its from my music or my writing, or even a silly come back. It makes me smile when others are smiling, even if I have no clue why they are smiling. It makes me smile when my friends sucessed. It makes me smile when I sucessed. Many things make me smile, I love being happy. When I am going through something hard, those little things that make me smile, is what gets me through. I have learned recently that God can really use me to help others through my music. I have smiled countless numbers of times, but nothing has made me smile more than that! God is the only one who can bring the truest smiles to our faces.

by twokey99 on 8/30/2012 6:08:41 PM

So many things make me smile. I can't even name one THIRD of it all! Sometimes I smile for no reason at all! Seeing someone happy makes me smile. My friends make smile because they are so funny and loving. When I see people doing kind acts I smile. Doing what I have been blessed by God to do makes me smile. That includes dance, violin, singing, computer engineering, and SO MUCH MORE! Whenever I sense just the smallest amount of love I will smile. I smile when I succeed in something and even when I don't(sometimes). I smile because I have been blessed with a loving family and good friends. I smile because I am alive today to type that. I smile when I meet new people and receive opportunities. I smile because I am so thankful for what I have and who I am even though I am not perfect. Because a lady told me when she sees me smile I make her day instantly, I choose to smile as often as possible to touch others positively as well. Good luck all, Congrats Be thany, and God Bless you all!Smile

by orangecake on 8/30/2012 5:35:46 PM

The thing that makes me smile the most is doing what I love....and that is MUSIC! I started playing guitar when I was 8 years old! I am now 10 and I love nothing more than to grab my guitar and write music or play music by my favorite artists! When I am doing music I seem to forget about all the crazy things going on with school or friends or whatever and I just play! I love to perform and make other people smile too! I have to say that I did give a big smile when I walked in my orthodotists office and saw a signed picture of you hanging in the front office! I believe you are such an inspiration to so many young girls like myself to persevere in life and to push on no matter who is making fun of you or staring at you or what obsticles come in the way of your dreams! A simple smile will help get you through in life!!

by KaitlynM on 8/30/2012 3:03:46 PM

I love to teach kids how to surf. When they catch their first wave, the energy and smile on their face is contagious. It takes me back to the place when I caught my first wave......and I smileSmile I am blessed to share the gift of the ocean. Bethany, thank you for being my personal inspiration for my surfing! You make me smile tooSmile You're AMAZING!
LOVE~
izzi

by gromzilla on 8/28/2012 3:42:02 PM

My baby brother makes me smile. I have always wanted a little brother even though I'll be 12 years older than him! I love him with all my heart and I just want to thank God for blessing me and my family with a little bro-bro.

by caityrican on 8/28/2012 3:16:14 PM

What makes me smile is success in my life. When I finally performed a perfect block in volleyball, and I heard my teammates cheering for me, I couldn’t help but beam. I had been working on the block for quite a while and to successfully perform it made my day. My friends also make me smile. They make me laugh and go out of their way to cheer me up when I’m upset. When I see how much they love me and how hard they try to make me happy, I have no other choice but to smile and cheer up. Knowing that I have been blessed with a loving God in my life makes me smile the most. I smile because I have so many talents to use to the best of my ability for His glory. I play several instruments and every time I think of giving up, I just remember that it will work out because “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Everyday I see Him working in my life, and He will always gives me the joy to smile.

by La Vida Tess on 8/27/2012 10:30:27 PM

Watching a someone come to Christ makes me smile! For the past two years, I have lived in Ethiopia and I was able to witness orphans,widows, and people who live in poverty come to find their smile in life in the hope that Jesus Christ gives. So watching their lives being completely transformed in such a hard state makes me realize how much we can be thankful for every day and that is what puts a smile on my face!

by LydiaHeye on 8/27/2012 1:58:35 PM

What makes me smile is performing; doing what I love. When I am up on the stage, or even just singing, dancing, or acting for my family and friends, I can't help but smile. To know that I am sharing my love and inspiration with people I may or may not know is the best feeling ever. When I know that it may be the first, or last person anyone will see a musical theatre performance the joy I feel bubbles over and explodes out of me in a starburst that makes everyone else happy to. I love doing what I do, and that is what makes me smile.

by theatricaldarling on 8/27/2012 2:49:34 AM

Hi Bethany. I would love to thank you so much for showing me hope in life. 2 years ago I was diagnosed with seriouse breast cancer. Your story helped me through the pain. It gave me enough strength and hope to be hear today. I used to be shy around others, and I rarely smiled. While I was in the hospital, someone who I didn't know walked up to me and said, I'll be there for you. I'll give you hope. From that day forward I decided that I would smile for everything that I had left in life. That if I died I would die happy. And god let me live. The day I left the hospital was the happiest day of my life. Every person reading this message, understand this. It really does get better. God bless you all and god bless the world and bring peace!

by Chihuahuasrcool on 8/25/2012 11:38:34 PM

I smile when I'm with my family or on the soccer field. I love to be with my little brothers because they are just hilarious!

by scoot on 8/25/2012 9:52:06 PM

What makes me smile is pretty much everything: my friends, my family, my cat, and when I see someone that is truly happy, it makes me smile. Congrats to Bethany for her amazing smile and for being so confident!!! You are my idol Bethany!!! <3

by FaithHope123 on 8/25/2012 8:55:21 PM

What makes me smile is almost everything. My friends, my family, my puppy, surfing, and Bethany Hamilton, to name a few. I love to surf, and I always had wanted to, but it was Bethany that got me really craving it. I don't live close to a beach so I never really get the to surf, but I asked my parents while we were on a vacation at Nantucket , and before I knew it , I was up on a board! That was about a month ago, and I haven't surfed scince, but I love it! Thank you Bethany for introducing me to something that really makes me smile. (Of course I love my family more than anything, but I thought that might be kind of obvious

by muzic971 on 8/25/2012 5:36:20 PM

I always smile when I come home and my dog practically knocks me over to lick me! He is soooo cute and fluffy!

by muzic971 on 8/25/2012 5:20:28 PM

Congrats on your new smile Bethany. You are very beautiful, and you have uplifted many young lives in this small town of Douglas, Ga. Including mine. You are an inspiration to me... you came from broken to victorious after your incident and it just amazed me. God has seen you through and he is an amazing God.
-I have many reasons to smile (but I rarely do because of the confidence I don't have) but I will only announce a few things.
1) God. He has brought me through so many things. He has been there for me. I look up to him always. I do everything through him. He is the light inside me. “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26 NIV. He has healed me in ways no one else could (I had a hole in my heart from the time I was born up until I was 15 years old) I will rejoice and be glad in every day he gives me.
2) My baby boy, his name is Christopher Levi Scott Moore. When he smiles and giggles at me, my heart melts. And I smile non-stop. I am

by Levi'sMommy12 on 8/25/2012 5:07:42 PM

by Levi'sMommy12 on 8/25/2012 5:04:17 PM

I am a swimmer on the national team for club swimming! I work incredibly hard everyday and im proud of myself for that. However, its difficult when im at practice or at mets because i want to smile all the time but my teeth arent straight. The middle top four are but the "fang teeth" aren't. They are up higher then all my other teeth! I dont have enough money or insurance to pay for braces because it all goes to swimming. I am also a varsity cheerleader at my high school. As you know we have to smile all the time. It is really embarrassing when your teeth are messed up and people tease you about it. Swimming and cheerleading are my passion and i love them! They make me smile all the time! It would mean so much to not have to resist such an urge. Ghank you bethany for this opportunity! Hopefully you will get to see me at the 2016 Rio Olympics. Or at lwast trials Smile

by summerluchsinger on 8/25/2012 4:19:34 PM

God. God makes me smile. He is my father, my creator, my rock. I love Him and all He does for me, even when I don't deserve it. He is the reason I smile because He is my smile. He blesses me every day, and I pray that everyone will know of His greatness! As I serve Him, I only get stronger(= thank you for a message from God we all needed to hear Bethany! (=

by i_am_second21 on 8/25/2012 3:38:00 PM

To be honest, i hide my smile most of the time. But, I would say what makes me smile the most is my almost 2 year old son. He is amazing to me and pretty much every cute thing he does brings a smile to my face.

by Braysmomma on 8/25/2012 2:03:27 PM

The list of things that makes me smile is like SUPER long so, to spare you the trouble of having to read all of that I'll list the top 5.
1) Jesus!!! He's my best friend and I would be nothing without him
2) my friends!!! They encourage me SO much in my faith!!
3) my family! They always find a way to put a smile on my face (especially my dad)
4) compliments! I always try so hard to do my best at everything and to me getting a compliment makes it all worth it!
5) being able to memorize and apply scripture to my life! My absolute favorite verse is Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

Winning a new smile would be totally awesome!! If I win that'd be AMAZING, but if I don't congrats to the winner ;)
Bethany (no joke that's my name!! Smile )

by Bethanyg412 on 8/25/2012 1:27:25 AM

Congrats on your new smile Bethany! You look amazing. One thing that made me smile today was reading this article i even made the super yummy recipe! An opportunity to get straight teeth like yours only comes once in a lifetime and I am super excited that this chance was given to me. I love making others smile by doing something helpful such as donating and giving back to someone that is less fortunate then me. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to change my life and win a brand new amazing smile! My biggest dream is to have a beautiful smile!

by ToxicCrayon on 8/25/2012 12:18:26 AM

As corny as it may seem I smile because I am able to wake up each morning. I smile because I am so blessed to have my wonderful family that loves and supports me in everything I do. I smile because I live in a nation where anything is possible. I smile because of my amazing friends and their impact they have made on my life. From all the cheering up and joking around. I smile because I have every reason to.

by NINADASIY on 8/24/2012 11:47:39 PM

Things that make me smile c: Well, i could go on for ever, one direction, my BEST friend, my brother, my cousin, and a lot of other things. And even though i have this really messed up tooth, I am NOT afraid to smile because smiling is like one of the most amazing things to do. and i bet everyone has at least ONE thing that makes them smile. And one day, on facebook, I saw this post, And it said "smile while you are young.Smile while you can because someday, you may not have teeth." And like i said about me having that messed up tooth, at least it is there, at least that spot isn't empty. Smiling is a gift, a very great gift, and that gift is the BIGGEST thing that makes me smile. c:

by mollyvickers on 8/24/2012 9:07:42 PM

Well, I don't smile a lot, because of my teeth. We don't have money to get braces for me, and since we just moved, we don't have dental insurance. So, basically, I am stuck with my crooked teeth. My front teeth on top are starting to overlap, and on bottom too. And on the bottom, the teeth right next to my two front ones are pushed WAY back. I am so sick of hearing about how crooked my teeth are. And I need to have straight teeth to be an actress, which is my dream.

REASONS WHY I LAUGH:
1. My friends.
2. My Dad, Brother, and Mom.
3. Just because.

I absolutely LOVE to laugh. And smile, too. They are the greatest things to do. Sometimes I force myself to laugh when I am sad, and then it becomes real laughter. But it is so hard to smile when you have really crooked teeth like I do. I want more than anything to have beautiful, straight teeth, like all of my friends around me. I miss being able to laugh, and smile with my teeth...
-A

by 17AHefter on 8/22/2012 2:54:39 PM

I live by the quote "Live, Love and Laugh". I laugh and smile more than anything but it always leaves me self conscious because I have a gap in my teeth and a crooked smile. But I laugh and smile on anyway because I am thankful for what I have in life and what God has given me. My family and fiends always seem to make me smile no matter what good and bad times. I am so blessed to have what I have so I feel if I keep smiling everything will always be alright. Bethany has taught me to never take for granted what you have and to always smile no matter what. I feel if I had a better smile I could live happier and prettier and use my smile to make other people smile and pass on joy just through a smile to someone. Keep laughing and Smile on. With my smile I hope to bring joy and laughter to other people and help others realize everything can be okay no matter what happens. Smile

by malenaaa on 8/22/2012 2:52:25 AM

Life makes me smileSmile

by Sula D on 8/21/2012 6:46:48 PM

I love to smile! It can totally change your whole day if you just smile. But what makes me smile most is knowing that I made someone happy, even at my sacrifice. If there is anything I can do to make someones day I am more than happy to do it and do it with a big smile! I had an argument with a teacher before and later we got over and have become really good friends. I wrote her a letter one day because I knew she was having a rough day and when she read it she cried and wrote me one back. It was one of the greatest days of my life to see us go from "enemies" to great friends and I was able to make her smile. And that is what really make me smile knowing that the people I love and care for are smiling too. But I wish I could always smile, but I'm not really confident in my smile and I look at these girls perfect smile and am happy they have such beautiful smiles and I hope to one day to be able to smile at anything and everything and not worry. SMILE

by madisonjharris on 8/21/2012 4:40:52 PM

What makes me smile, is my family! I have been married to the love of my life for 13yrs and we have 5 amazing kids! Laila 10 Jaivin 8 Kaiden 7 Alaina 5 and Lillee Sue 3! Smile They light up my life on a daily basis. I also home school them all which I adore and makes life very busy! I have always been the girl who puts on a smile infront of everyone, but then when the door is closed cried my eyes out bc I hated myself and the way I looked so bad. I decided 2yrs ago that I was going to change that. I started teaching Zumba and -54lbs and teaching 3classes a week, I feel the best I have ever felt! Smile But at the end of the day I still feel self conscious of my smile. My parents never had $ for dental care when i was growing up so i have super crooked teeth, to the point that my kids mention "mommys crooked teeth". I was to smile and feel amazing for once Smile Bc I LOVE to smile and I have soo much to smile about SmilePhill.4:13 this has been my moto for the last 2yrs Smile W/out HIM I am nothing!

by bethanymny on 8/21/2012 4:38:23 PM

I love to smile except I don't do much because of my teeth. The things that make me smile though are being with my BFF at gymnastics. Watching Winx Club, Soul Surfer and H2O. Getting to play outside and knowing that each and every day I wake up is always a new day to enjoy.

by cheepette8 on 8/21/2012 4:37:07 PM

by madisonjharris on 8/21/2012 4:35:43 PM

Many things make me smile everyday! In the past years I havent always been confident smiling but I realized I have SO much to be happy and thankful for! My family of course brings me joy all the time; there laughs and love is something I always look forward to. I think the one thing that brings a smile to my face every single day is God and how much he has helped my family! He is someone who will always be there forever and always. He gave us hope when there didnt seem to be much and that is the biggest reason to smile to me! Much love and thank you for the oppurtunity!

by ChloeChristiansen on 8/21/2012 4:33:00 PM

Where do I begin? Smiling and laughing are some of my favorite things to do. My husband, my children, my friends, and my family make me smile. They bring so much joy to my life. On a daily basis, I smile and laugh to get me through some good times and bad. It's such a stress reliever to breathe and smile each and every day. Plus, I am pregnant with my third child, and some days it's rough. I'm worn out and tired, but I smile knowing that this precious little girl will be in our world soon! We are all so tickled to have her join our family in the next few weeks. I smile knowing that God has blessed us with this unborn miracle. Through all the uncomfortable parts of pregnancy and labor, the end result will bring us all smiles.

by annalane108 on 8/21/2012 4:28:51 PM

What makes me smile, is when i achieve a goal when doing my sport, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, when i am able to do a new move or win another medal it makes me proud after trying so hard to achieve it. Another thing that makes me smile is being able to help someone or make someone else smile, is when i volunteer or donate some money to charity's or other people that need it, seeing others smile is a big reward. What also makes me smile is being with my friends and family, being able to wake up another day and thank god for being with the people that love. That's what makes me smile.

by maggs29 on 8/21/2012 4:23:23 PM

What makes me smile? Alot of things, really. The smile on my customers' face as I serve them their coffee and wish them a good day. My best friends, and my co-workers. The joy I feel when I play bass and sing to God while at church. My new baby sister. My whole family, really. My parents, and my 5 little brothers and sisters all bring a smile to my face every day. My boyfriend. Cooking, photography, and graphic design. Glitter, bows, and lots of color. And although I don't always feel very confident because of the way my smile looks, I've learned to not mind so much, because making others smile is what makes me smile the most (:

by RiverBlade on 8/21/2012 2:55:37 PM

I wake up smiling knowing that today I will try my hardest to have a positive impact in the lives of the people I encounter even if it is a stranger ust smiling at them can make their day ten times better so I smile because a smile can impact lives greatly and it just makes the problems seem so small even if for just one second it becomes a second of peace and happiness

by sabrina alex on 8/21/2012 11:31:13 AM

I have plenty of things that make me smile. One is just knowing that God has given me another day to live makes me smile, so often we take things in this world for granted, for example; life. We wake up and live life as usual, we don't really think too much about how precious our life is, including myself. As I grow older I realize that another day is not promised. God giving me another day to live makes me smile.

by Mariemezak on 8/21/2012 1:49:35 AM

spending time with my family and really doing things we love to do together makes me smile.

by love2sing on 8/20/2012 10:56:03 PM

What makes me smile is just getting to be with the people I love and just being able to be alive.

by JBgal33♥ on 8/19/2012 12:32:53 PM

what makes me smile is no longer being homeless after 7 long years of being on the streets.You never know how good you have it till it's all gone and restored. Be Thankful!!!!!

by rb923 on 8/18/2012 2:23:33 AM

What makes me smile is getting an email from my BGF, who I hope will be maybe be my BF, who is in Rhode Island. I live all the way in California, so his emails are comforting after a stressful day at school.

by little simba on 8/18/2012 1:13:02 AM

What makes me smile is worshiping God. He is the reason why we even have things to smile about. My favorite worship song is "You're Beautiful" by Phil Wickham. The lyrics go "I see your face/ In every sunrise/ The colors of the morning are inside your eyes/ The world awakens in the light of the day/ I look up to the sky and say/ You're beautiful."
God is truly beautiful and He is the reason why I smile. Lauren I.

by jessm4ever on 8/17/2012 3:05:13 PM

One of the things that makes me smile the most is when my brother is practicing his lines for an audition. It doesn't matter if it's a huge commercial or a small one, he will goof around and make fun of the lines. If we tell him to move his arms, he starts to do windmills and go crazy. It never fails to make me crack up laughing.

by soccerholic on 8/17/2012 11:06:01 AM

Me with my four best friends either if I`m with 1,2,or 3 of them. They could make me smile and laugh for hours. I love when we have sleepovers together. Being together, talking,or just hanging out. That what makes me smile.

by Aagee220 on 8/16/2012 10:54:21 PM

Me with my 4 best friends eather if i`m with 1,2,or 3 of them. They could make me smile and laugh for hours.I love when we have sleepovers together. Beining together,talking,or just hangging out. That what makes me smile.

by Aagee220 on 8/16/2012 10:42:26 PM

So many things make me smile, but the two top make-me-smilers are: Knowing I'm in God's hands. Knowing that he won't let go of me even when I feel so far away from him. Knowing that he will make sure my life is happy and pure as long as I spread the word of his miracle-workings. And second, sitting by the lake and having a bonfire with friends and family. I love hearing waves crash on the shore and the fire crackling and spitting out flames. I LOVE TO SMILE!!!!! Even though i might not win this contest, i want to tell everyone why I smile. P.S. Bethany, you inspired me!!!!

by Nutmeg99 on 8/16/2012 6:36:28 PM

Being with friends while sitting around a campfire by the lake makes me smile. I love hearing the mizture of waves splashing on shore and the fire crackling and spitting out flames! Laughing

by Nutmeg99 on 8/16/2012 6:23:45 PM

Calling or talking to a friend at the end of the day. It always makes me feel good.

by Fieldhockey422 on 8/16/2012 5:52:08 PM

Being with my family and friends always makes me smile!

by LoveFromEmily on 8/15/2012 3:38:46 PM

Cooking Out With My Family Always Makes Me Smile.

by divaella on 8/14/2012 9:41:56 PM

I forgot to add that Pokemon make me smile, especially Oshawott and snivy. They are both just so cute.
I tried to get my mom to let me wear yellow eye shadow so I could look like snivy, but mom wouldn't let me

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/13/2012 7:06:15 PM

I could use a banana pineapple colada right now...
Great. Another extra pound gained.

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/13/2012 7:03:15 PM

I smile because of my wonderful life, which is filled with everything I need and more. I smile because smiling makes people happy! ={D

by Bobalina on 8/13/2012 6:32:19 PM

Playing soccer is what makes me smile. I am not the prettiest girl in the owrld, but when I am out on the feild it doesn't matter what I look like. It is what has helped me accept who I am.

by sbieber13 on 8/13/2012 5:27:09 PM

Waking up in the morning and seeing sunlight makes me smile. Hearing a good joke makes me smile and laugh. I love seeing my friends and family all together at parties. Coming home on the last day of school always seems to make me smile. I like going to Poland and seeing my mom's side of the family that I rarely get to see. Being with the people I love never fails to make me smile.

by goldgirl247 on 8/13/2012 2:24:13 PM

I smile everytime I wake up in the morning because I know that God has a purpose for me that day. I love giving to other people because when their face lights up and they smile, it gives me a warm feeling and I can only help but to smile back. Also when I hear stories about courageous heros who overcome obstacles no matter what road block gets thrown in their way I get a sense of strength. Although I was only 7 when he passed, I smile when I think of memories of my dad who died in 2007. We had many joyful memories together so when I think of him and the memories we had together I have to grin. Last but not least the thing that makes me smile the most is when I get to see my family at thanksgiving. We always spend all day with the cousins that I never get to see , and the Aunts and Uncles that are always to busy to visit. Besides I heard that frowing causes wrinkles and I think that's as good a reason as any! XD

by Fashion Diva 123 on 8/12/2012 6:08:44 PM

What makes me smile is being with my friends and family. Even on my bad days my friends and family know how to cheer me up and always make me feel good about myself. They do that by the joy of laughter. Even when I'm sad a good laugh cheers me up ever time and my family and friends are full of good laughs. Weather its my baby sister dancing to just dance, my mom commenting on the TV, or my best friend making a sour face laughter is the best medicine in my life.

by JusticeJulieBella on 8/12/2012 12:56:48 PM

What makes me smile is going to an event called Make 'em Smile. It an event where you go walk around and have a fun with a family that has children with special needs.What makes me smile is seeing all the people with special needs having a fun time not caring about the condition they're in.What makes me smile is this event one day where the special needs kids don't have to worry!!! Smile

by xxnomercie13xx on 8/12/2012 11:43:02 AM

What makes me smile is helping others, because I know that, no matter how small the task was, it could really help them. I smile when I see people making a difference in the world and helping others. I smile when I see people succeeding because others helped them.

by daylilly on 8/12/2012 10:52:32 AM

What makes me smile is seeing other people succeed, and seeing them do great, because I know that they'll move on and do bigger and better things. Even if it's someone who's really rude to me, I always smile seeing people accomplish things. It's the best feeling in the world.

by cheerfulcheer on 8/12/2012 10:49:33 AM

When I see my family happy I unconsciously pull out my big buck teeth smile. With my big family of 6, times can be tough for us, but there are always times when come together and really come to love and understand each other more. There are many things that make me smile, but when when I see my family in total bliss that is when I truly smile. This is what really makes me smile.

by vln2723 on 8/11/2012 5:11:34 PM

What makes me smile is my three year old cousin, Ayden. Although he has leukemia he loves life the same as any other kid if not more. He's such a funny loving kid and he's brimming with positivity. Anyone who walks into the same room as him can feel his good energy and can't help but smile. He always says the funniest things that make your day so much better. He's one of the most inspiring people I know and he's only three! Even though he's gone through so much in his short life he is as happy as can be. Ayden makes me smile one of those big toothy grins, because he makes me realize life is not meant to be drowned in worry and sorry, but it is meant to be lived and bathed in sunshine.

by schaflog8 on 8/11/2012 11:10:18 AM

What makes me smile is my three year old cousin, Ayden. Although he has leukemia, he enjoys life as much as any other kid if not more. He's always smiling even if he's been having a tough day. Ayden is always beaming with positivity and laughing about life. Anyone who is near him can see he doesn't let life get him down and wouldn't even be able to tell he was sick. He's one of the most inspiring people I know and he's only three! Ayden makes me smile, one of those big toothy grins, because he's taught me that life isn't meant to be drowned in fear and sorrow, it's meant to be lived and basked in sunlight.

by schaflog8 on 8/11/2012 10:49:41 AM

Being alive makes me smile. Even with all the circumstances I 'm forced to live with, I'm relatively healthy and I have a loving family. God is watching over me and everyday, I'm reminded of how blessed I am. With a new smile, I would be able to convey my happiness to others in a more confident manner and hopefully spread some of my joy to others.

by rosea on 8/10/2012 8:04:04 PM

Smiling makes me smile! I think I have a disease of contagious smiling! Every time I smile or laugh, I can't stop! It makes me feel so good. What triggers these smiles? Well, when my little sister smiles, I smile. When I see my parents happy, I smile. I smile when I walk into Disneyland. I smile when I realize how lucky I am to walk on this earth and breathe and be healthy. I smile when I know something good someone else doesn't. (like a surprise party) I smile when I finished writing a good song or story. I smile when I see babies. I smile when I know I helped someone. I smile when people laugh at one of my cheesy jokes. I smile when I listen to Taylor Swift. I smile when people tell me I'm pretty. I smile when I try to stop smiling or laughing. I smiled when I read what other girls were happy about, because I'm happy about the same things and I'm happy that other people are happy. I smile because I'm happy. And then I just frowned when realized I could only write 1000 characters...

by galruless on 8/10/2012 5:52:27 PM

What makes me smile? Well, a lot of things, but something that stands out is a necklace I have. Don't laugh, it's actually very important to me. See, a few months ago I was sitting in my car with a smoothie I'd just bought while my mom was shopping. There was a man and a woman sitting on the ground with a few suitcases and bags around them, they had a little sign offering tarot card readings for $5. The woman was pregnant and she looked really hot- So after going back and forth in my head for a bit I got out of my car and gave her my smoothie (I didn't need it as much as she did) She was so nice and gracious about it, and when I walked back past them a little later, she stopped me and gave me a little piece of turquoise with a hole drilled in it. She told me it was unrefined turquoise a friend of hers had found and that i could put it on a chain.
Wearing that necklace I always remember that day and smile because I get to live in a world with such amazing, nice people. Smile

by Beachychick on 8/10/2012 10:36:48 AM

What makes me smile? There is no one thing. Life, my faith and my family make me smile everyday, just knowing I am healthy, happy and loved makes me smile. Everyday things like helping to tie my little brother's shoes or training my guide dog puppy all make me smile and feel blessed to be alive.

by Kstar101 on 8/9/2012 9:54:25 PM

What makes me smile? Everyday makes me smile because it is a new day and I can make the world a better place by helping people or the Earth. Just by knowing that I made a difference in this world makes me want to smile everyday. I hope that some day everyone will smile like I do everyday because that is something to really smile about. That is what makes me smile knowing that one person can make a difference on this Earth.

by samo11 on 8/9/2012 9:08:20 PM

Helping people makes me smile. I dont care if they're my eniemes, my friends, or even strangers! I just know that a new king of friendship is coming my way! Smile

by trinity-0 on 8/9/2012 6:13:21 PM

What makes me smile? Being outdoors in nature! Smile Or being with animals. I love my kitties and my puppy. The things God has created for us are so beautiful and they make me smile-every time. I love being at the beach and just being in the presence of God. Smile

Thank you, Bethany, for giving us each the opportunity of winning these! You are truly an amazing person and God has used you as a blessing and inspiration to all!

by emvhorses on 8/9/2012 5:43:01 PM

What makes me smile are my friends. They are the most amazing people and when i have trouble with something they always make me smile through it. They are also very funny! Swimming also makes me smile. It is the most amazing sport ever. So yeah! Smile

by Singon51 on 8/9/2012 5:42:29 PM

Kindness makes me smile. People doing genuinely selfless acts of love out of the kindness of their HEARTS, and because they want to make someone else's life better. Music makes me smile. Every song has a story behind it and every musician's passion, commitment, and perseverance are an inspiration to me. My friends and family make me smile. Of all I am today, I owe so much to the people who have supported me through thick and thin.

by wei-lan_98 on 8/9/2012 5:28:15 PM

What makes me smile? tons of things. but the top ones would have to be my kitty with cancer ( shes so cute and funny when she plays) seeing my family together... but the two top things would probably have to be the knowledge that this year im going to be me and not someone else and that God agrees. That makes me smile.
SMILE!! sunshines good for your teeth!

by briannahgraham on 8/9/2012 4:57:09 PM

The reason I smile is because I know that God has blessed me with so many things. I have a family that loves and cares for me. They put a a roof over my head, they provide me with food and water, they take care of my health and buy things for me that I don't even need. I am blessed with wonderful friends that make my world complete. They help me get throught the tough times, they treat me like I am actually a person and they have my back all the time. I am blessed with an amazing Christian school with teachers that love God as much as I do. But most importantly, I am blessed with the privilege to wake up every morning and know that God loves me very much. He died on the cross for me and gives me hope. Jesus is what makes me smile. And just knowing that God was willing to send his son to die on the cross for MY sin is phenomonal! When somebody doesn't have a smile I want to give them mine, and I want them to know that God loves us, all of us just by looking at my smile.

by Surfer_1209 on 8/9/2012 4:56:00 PM

Simple things make me smile. Like a baby's first laugh, my puppies playing or sleeping, old people holding hands, a day at the beach with friends, barbeques, fireworks on the 4th of July, fun times, and memories. Even in the saddest memories you can find something to smile about.

by TimidGurl1996 on 8/9/2012 4:32:58 PM

What makes me smile? Mostly my friends(: And cheerleading, it's my favorite thing to do! And my dad's funny jokes :3 But I don't show my teeth when I smile, I guess cause I'm embarrassed but I just embrace it, and you know...Live it up! xD <3

by Pandoo on 8/9/2012 4:26:12 PM

Embarrassing moments in my life makes me smile. I feel that when you smile at your embarrassing moments it wouldn't be embarrassing any more. It would be more like a joke. I smile at my best friend everyday. He make me happy when I'm in the worst mood ever. I thank him for being there for me by giving him a simple vibrant smile.

by foreverduyen on 8/9/2012 4:12:36 PM

What Makes Me Smile
Out of all the things that make me smile, my cousins take the cake. We don't see each other all that often, but when I do see them, it's always a reminder that I am hugely blessed to have them in my life. I love them with all my heart, down to all the weird things they do and they are a constant thats always there for me and won't give up.

by peetaluvr989 on 8/9/2012 4:11:35 PM

What Makes Me Smile
There are a lot of things that make me smile, but the main one is my cousins. We don't get to see each other very often but when we do it's a reminder that I am hugely blessed to have them in my life and I love them even though they have their quirks. They don't give up on me, and they're there for me to count on whenever I need it.

by peetaluvr989 on 8/9/2012 4:07:39 PM

I smile everytime I wake up in the morning because I know that God has a purpose for me that day. I love giving to other people because when their face lights up and they smile, it gives me a warm feeling and I can only help but to smile back. Also when I hear stories about courageous heros who overcome obstacles no matter what road block gets thrown in their way. Those stories give me a sense of strength. Although I was only 7 when he passed, I smile when I think of memories of my dad who died in 2007. We had many joyful memories together so when I think of him I can only help but smile. Last but not least the thing that makes me smile the most is when I get to see my family at thanksgiving. We always spend all day with the cousins that I never get to see , and the Aunts and Uncles that are always to busy to visit, so I won't be frowing any time soon. Besides I heard frowing causes wrinkles! XD

by Fashion Diva 123 on 8/9/2012 1:31:35 PM

What makes me smile is knowing have a chance to totally change the disgusting look of my teeth Frown Semi-buckteeth that are twisted, huge overbite, big gap in my teeth, crowed bottom teeth, teeth overlapping, some one help me! Oh and helping people in need (homeless, ect.) really makes me smile, when you help them and they tell you sweet stories and say "God bless you.". Just that feeling and the looks on their faces make me smile <3 Smile

by Yasmeen_Taufiq on 8/8/2012 6:40:45 PM

Smile Smile
What makes me smile is making other people smile. I smile when I learn new things, when I'm around my friends and family. When I smile everyone around me knows that I'm having a great time! The best part of everyday is when I spend time with my older sister, which is filled with smiles Smile

by skye2000 on 8/8/2012 3:31:45 PM

what make me smile
all animals like pig and horses

by amri on 8/8/2012 2:08:19 PM

what makes me smile is at family get together's when my whole family is in one place share stories and laughing around a bonfire. ☺

by 26768cats on 8/8/2012 1:45:45 PM

I smile because life is SHORT. There's simply not enough time to not smile. Lots of things make me smile. Smile Finishing every last bite of dessert without an ounce of guilt. Hanging out at Books-A-Million with my friends while waiting for a movie to start and bumping into people who are doing the same thing! Watching two people fall in love ♥. Putting on an outfit that makes me feel fierce. Making something with my own two hands. Letting go of something that's been bothering me. Hugging my one year old little brother. Planning a big surprise party for my ten year old little brother. Feeling the sun on my shoulders. Learning how something fascinating works. Putting SMILES on the faces of others. Smile

by kamiluv on 8/7/2012 4:35:37 PM

What makes me smile is being around my family and friends. They laugh at my silly jokes and its just fun to be around them. Even when i'm down they know how to make me smile. I love them so much. Smile

by kiti on 8/7/2012 3:53:20 PM

What makes me smile is doing what I love. Swimming is my passion: I didnt learn to swim until I was about 7 or 8. We moved and I didnt know anyone here. I joined my neighboorhood swimteam and fell in love with swimming. Whenever Im in the water, I feel like im perfect, like no one can judge me and I can do anything. Im graceful in the water, not just some other person. Ive met so many people over the years of swimming that I couldnt live without. Ive met people who inspire my to do my best. Ive even met some of my best friends who bring out the best side of me. If I wasnt a swimmer, I wouldnt know what to do, id be lost. If I wasnt a swimmer, I wouldnt smile. But luckily, I AM a swimmmer, and I DO smile. Smile

by sinkinginblack on 8/7/2012 2:46:04 PM

Lots of things make me smile like when I'm talking to my crush and he's being really cute, when I'm having real fun with my friends, getting compliments from people around school, or just rockin out to music in my room! There isn't just one big thing that will always make me smile no matter what because, I smile about 90% of the time at basically anything! Although I will say that there is something that makes me feel really great about myself and I always smile...I'm a drama geek. I love the theater and acting is what I do. On the stage, I can be anyone and I don't have to worry about what people think of me and I just feel so free. Going on stage, I'm smiling and coming off, I am beaming. It's especially one of the best feelings in the world to accomplish something and I feel so accomplished after coming off stage and doing what I love. Smiling isn't just something that people happen to come across like it's impossible to not smile or something, no, smiling is something you live for!

by maiabennett541 on 8/7/2012 2:44:46 PM

what makes me smile? just knowing that I'm alive today. that i have food and a roof over my head. knowing that my friends and family will do whatever it takes to be there for me. I walk around and see people lieing on the streets and I think to myself how lucky I am to be protected. And every night I pray for those people, that someday they will be as happy as I am. That makes me smile. All the soldiers protecting our country, my family. thinking about how they sacrifice their lives for me and every other good soul out there makes me happy. Because I know that I'm safe and that with every obsticle that may come my way, I will find a way to manouver it and live on to do something great with my life.

by luv-yhu-roxy on 8/7/2012 11:51:17 AM

What makes me smile is My Family, Friends, Animals and many more! I love to see my Family happy! And lately my Mom has been depressed because she lost her Job..But I try to make it worth while and make her feel soo much better! I love to see my Family smile and know that they love me. And all my Friends to love me for who I am! All my Friends are different. I'm Popular but that isnt gonna change who my Bestfriends are. I have 2. One's Smart, Popular, and a Blonde! Lol! And the other isn't so Popular but when you get to know her she's a real Sweetheart! They share the same Sister but they don't like eachother..But you know! That isnt gonna stop me from being Friends with them. I love them both. <3 And I have 2 beautiful Dogs! A Weiner Dog and a Collie! I love them with all my heart! Playing Fetch, Bathing them, Playing You name it! I love to take them on Walks and everything! It makes me smile alot to know they're Healthy and Happy! They're Rescue dogs..I love all of these very much! <3

by Avery. (: on 8/7/2012 10:47:27 AM

What makes me smile is seeing others grin and show their pearly whites when I crack out a joke. I laugh when I look at my dog Chikis trying to sleep with a pillow over her head when I'm awake at midnight. My sisters sassy attitude and remarks. My mom cracking jokes and funny rhymes in Spanish. My AVID elective teacher Miss Wilson always slipping funny remarks in her lectures. My math teacher always saying Kay? after every sentence. Looking at the newest trends on Girlslife. Watching Sergio razta and nigahiga on youtube. Looking through Ellen degeners website and looking through auto corrected text messages. Reading a great book and when the character is being romantic I cant help but get excited. Looking back at childhood memories. Thinking about becoming a nurse and helping babies and mothers.( neonatal nurse) Looking and hoping to find my quincenera dress. Going home to Guatemala to see my family. Buying pairs and pairs of shoes!!! Eating food makes my day!;) MY REASONS TO SMILE!Smile

by boypolar on 8/7/2012 1:17:09 AM

I don't know how many time I've been told, “Diamond you’re always smiling." And almost every time I deny it, but it’s so true. It’s a quality about me that I wouldn't change. I mean what not to smile about! I have this incredibly big family and I don't get to see each and every one of them all the time but it’s the best felling when we're together. I have these amazing goofy friends who bring me joy every day. I swear we joke about the dumbest stuff .I love the people in my life and they do nothing but make me smile. And it doesn't even stop at that. You’re promised to see a smile on my face when I'm inspired and when I'm doing the things I love. I Dance, model, sing, dream, and kick butt in my school academics. When I succeed in any of these things I get the biggest smile. When it boils down to it nothing makes me smile more then when I make someone else smile; it’s the best. My teeth are far from perfect, and because of teeth that are crooked and gaped it won’t stop me from smiling.

by LifeLOVELive on 8/7/2012 12:27:19 AM

A perfect cupcake. My pet hedgehog. My family. My best friend. Photo albums. Life. Those are all things that make me smile, but really the best thing, the thing that always cheers me up, that sends a smile across my face is just thinking about what could happen with my life. Just thinking "hey I could do that!". Knowing that my family will be there to support me in everything I do. The fact that I have my whole life ahead of me. What makes me smile is DREAMS!

by txtingirl on 8/6/2012 11:02:49 PM

What makes me smile is making others smile. When I and a few of my friends go sit at the lunch table of the lonely kid, and that person has the hugest grin on their face, it makes me feel sooo good. Because of God, I have lots of people that care about me, and I rarely have to sit alone. So it's nice to know that I can make someone else's day.

by megs3003 on 8/6/2012 4:59:07 PM

What makes me smile is having fun with my friends- I may not be the most popular girl, but with my friends, it makes me feel great. When me go to a festival or party or amusement park, it makes me smile because each of my friends is different- one makes me laugh, while another makes me feel proud.

by skittles176 on 8/6/2012 4:35:44 PM

I'm always happy but what makes me smile is kind of weird. I really love watching people go big and go hard at what they love Laughing From something like a simple math test to a big boxing game that might change your career. When i see people so into something, they'll push past their limits. They give me inspiration to try my best also and when i think of getting better at something I love like the piano i can't help but show my teeth and smile Smile

by chelseaclarisse on 8/6/2012 2:28:18 PM

Nothing, anything & everything! Smiling makes me & everyone else feel good! It just radiates happiness & positivity! Remember a simple smile can make anyone's day!!! Laughing

P.S. I already had braces but I just wanted to post about smiling cuz it is my fav thing to do! hahaha

by loveyourlife43 on 8/6/2012 1:03:22 PM

What makes me smiling is waking up everyday, knowing I have a home and a family, clothes, food, etc., and that I can help others get those too.

by daylilly on 8/6/2012 12:55:57 PM

there are alot of things that make me smile. my family, my friends,making a new friend,helping someone, praising God. i am always smiling and trying to make the best of every day, even when it's rainy and my hair get frizzy and i slip on wet concrete.
Smile i love to laugh and keep my friends on the bright sode of the day, because when you smile it can make you feel better if your sad.

by Natazha on 8/6/2012 11:20:33 AM

what makes me smile is doing what i love everyday. Im a swimmer. I get upbefore school to swim and then i go back after. And when you get the time or goal yuove been working towards you know all the hard work is worth it. Anither thing that makes me smile is spending time with my two 4 year old twin cousins Erika and Emily. I want to be a role model for them so that they have something to look up to and want to be like one day. It is the best feeling ever and they are part of what inspires me to be me.

by waterdog3 on 8/6/2012 1:19:08 AM

It's simply life itself that makes me smile.. I'm so grateful that everyday I could wake up and be the best person I could possibly be, by spreading love & following my dreams. <3

by itssandradarling on 8/5/2012 11:47:31 PM

What makes me smile is people's testimonies about how gracious God is,it is always amazing hearing what God can do to change lives. Also, when I ask my parents for permission to do something and they trust me to do it. And my best friend, she always finds a way to make me smile when I'm sad, she's so encouraging and best of all she always speaks to me with the word of God. I am glad I can count on her. Oh, I almost forget the mail man,I always have mail.

by jacky52 on 8/5/2012 9:50:08 PM

Knowing that i have made someones day by making them smile or laugh makes me smile back and and we both feel great inside whether it be family, friends, or someone i just metSmile

by uniquester on 8/5/2012 9:27:51 PM

Eating is what makes me smile! lol

by transform2314 on 8/5/2012 8:41:44 PM

I really need a smile makeover! My teeth hardly have room to come in!What makes me smile is watching the sunset on the water, the rush you get from surfing(I actually do surf),going to the dentist,the faces my dogs makes, trying out new things, doing things out of my comfort zone, learning things at school, playing Phase 10 with my family, my mom trying to do an accent,reading the bible, cooking with my sister, playing soccer, singing with my hairbrush pretending it's a microphone, reading, playing at the beach, spending time with my 3 year old cousin Grace who loves playing what she calls duck and then goose,my other 3 year old cousin Sean laughing,watching lightning in the sky, thunder storms, making people laugh, and obsessing over Bethany Hamilton.

by SoulSurferHeart on 8/5/2012 7:02:36 PM

What makes me smile is helping out with animals whether it's at a zoo, shelter, farm, or service dogs! I've done all of those, and can't wait to volunteer at more places!

by katalf222 on 8/5/2012 5:33:41 PM

What makes me smile is the most simple things in life, but the most beautiful. The ocean, birds flying, babies laughing, the wind blowing, fall approaching, music, animals, and rain falling are all things that make me smile. Nature is something that will always bring a smile to my face, and it is so simple, yet so amazing.

by jackieluvz on 8/5/2012 9:02:40 AM

Hanging out with my best friends makes me smile. They have always been there for me, even when no one is. They are funny and so super sweet. Being with them makes me so happy because I love them.

by Milkdog64 on 8/4/2012 11:00:33 PM

It's not really that hard to make me smile. The one thing that always makes me smile is when I see other people smiling and laughing or when someone makes me laugh. I unknowingly smile actually Smile

by swiftyfan16 on 8/4/2012 8:19:32 PM

I love to visit my great grandma ! She lives all the way in Florida so it takes me a long time to get there. But whenever i do get there im so happy to see her. She makes the best homemade cookies . She always makes sure we have a fresh batch of chocolate chip. She makes a good home cooked meal .My grandma is soo comforting . Whenever i go there i cant help but smile all day long.

by soccer55378 on 8/4/2012 6:52:41 PM

What makes me smile is when I nail a new gymastics/cheer/dance move.

by dancethenightaway on 8/4/2012 4:19:41 PM

I absolutely love dogs! I always have since i was a toddler! I actually have a dog and shes a miniature chihuahua. Although shes the most funniest dog ever. She always makes me smile. My dog is actually like my best friend . Shes a chihuahua so shes very protective over me and i feel like shes always there for me. And when im sad its like shes knows im sad. She always likes to stick her tongue out and its absoultly adorable and my dog always brings a smile to my face. Even tho shes so small shes a big blessing Smile

by Chocolate ! on 8/4/2012 6:26:47 AM

What makes me smile, well, I suppose a lot of things make me smile. But one of the things that made me grin, is when I think of all the amazing things that I am SO privileged to have. Amazing friends, a roof over my head, clean water, and the opportunity to help others that NEED my help. It just makes me happy to think that I can help others and then maybe that will give them a chance to smile too. And we can all be happy.
Smile

by xpunkxkatx on 8/4/2012 6:05:49 AM

Smile

by xpunkxkatx on 8/4/2012 6:03:30 AM

Something that makes me smile is when my team and I win a basketball games. It makes me smile because it is nice to know that those 6:30 AM practices paid off, we played together nice as a team, and we had fun playing. Smile

by Keegan on 8/3/2012 10:30:38 PM

What makes me smile?
My best friends
my family
joking around Laughing
And fencing

by xxviviannaxx on 8/3/2012 3:53:46 PM

What makes me smile is my family and friends who supported me through thick and thin. To tell you the truth i don't have tons of friends like some people, i just have a few close ones who mean a TON to me.

by xxviviannaxx on 8/3/2012 3:46:51 PM

What makes me smile are friends but that's not it. I also smile when I donate $500 or more to soup kitchens. I volunteer at soup kitchens too. I grow gardens and the profits that we make we donate them. I also donate some of my old clothes to people that need them. When I was in 3rd grade, I would read to the younger kids. This year, I am going to tutor kids. Those things make me smile because they make me feel like a good person. I also smile when I do my favorite sport: Gymnastics! Gymnastics makes me happy because I loved it since I was 3. The Olympics makes me smile because the gymnasts on the Olympics inspire me SO much! My family also makes me smile because they are always there to help me succeed. God makes me smile too. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here typing this right now. JB, 1D, and MB make me smile because I have a crush on them, lol. My dog makes me smile too. I love her so much! There are many things in life that make me smile but these are just a few.

by kelcirae123 on 8/3/2012 3:12:04 PM

by kelcirae123 on 8/3/2012 3:10:42 PM

What makes me smile is laughing with friends. I love to laugh so I love making people laugh. Having something in common and just living for the moment is the best because you never know what tomorrow might bring.

by s.stammer on 8/3/2012 11:54:37 AM

what makes me smile is when my friends are happy and they are not sad.Oh and by the way i did a book report on bethany hamilton I love how the story talks about perserverence and a lot of other important and inspiring things

by kittyxie1 on 8/3/2012 8:29:24 AM

by LifeLOVELive on 8/3/2012 6:31:20 AM

What makes me smile is horses. I just love them so much and I hope to own one someday. They are just so amazing I cant help smiling whether its just a picture in a book, or me seeing them as I sit in the back seat while my parents drive. I guess that's really it. Thank you so much for reading this. ♥

by Chloe<3 on 8/2/2012 11:28:48 PM

What makes me smile are my friends when they're being themselves, my crush when I make him laugh or when we have something in commen, my mom when she's tired becuase that's wen she's fun, my dad when he's happy, school, my grandma when she wrinkles her nose, boys when I catch them looking at me, my 6th grade language arts teacher Mr. Larson, when I catch a fish, when I go to the school dances, my birthday, Christmas, winter, me when I fall off a sled, when I make a winning point for the team, VBS, bunnies, puppies, kittens, picture day(:-]), sunsets... the list goes on and on. But what most makes me smile is when I make someone elses' day.

by lavlo on 8/2/2012 11:15:09 PM

What makes me smile is friends and family (they are so important), Romance (I'm a hopeless romantic), Fashion (it's my passion), and doing activities like swimming, gynastics or just being outside. I'm getting braces anyway but it would be sooooo fantastic to be able to have clear ones because I'm going to need them for at least two years. Thank You!

by 123dazzl on 8/2/2012 10:53:48 PM

What makes me smile is waking up in the morning and knowing that I having friends and family who accept me and love me for who I am.

by Peach'N'Cream on 8/2/2012 10:38:23 PM

What makes me smile and beam is Bethany Melani Hamilton! Bethany always has me smiling no matter what. One thought of Bethany gives me the most strength and perserevrance that I need. I follow her tweets from her website, I have all of her newsletters in my email inbox, and I have even got her Stoked lip balm and lip gloss! I have been dancing since I was 2 years old (12 this August). I almost quit because I got so nevrous that I was going to mess up, and that I would get yelled at. I was just about to quit but I thought about Bethany. I thought does Bethany quit when there's a bump in the road? Does she through away years, blood, sweat, and tears of training when something gets tough? No she doesn't! Bethany gave me the inspiration, strength, perseverance, happiness, and the smile to keep going on. Now I am still dancing with my beaming smile (that need braces!)! My dream is to talk to Bethany someday even if it was just an email. Bethany is the most amazing person in the world!

by number1fanofbethanyhamilton on 8/2/2012 10:31:25 PM

What makes me smile is my loving and very caring parents. My little dog that makes me smile every time I see her she is just a bundle of joySmile When I walk into the house she always greets me with excitement like she hasn't seen me in forever! Being able to travel and go camping with my family also makes me smile. Another thing that makes me smile is when I accomplish something that I go after. My freshman year of high school I tried out for the volleyball team not knowing if I would make it and I did. That made me smile a lot! Saying all this and knowing that all this is still not everything that makes me smileSmile

by volleyballgirl136 on 8/2/2012 9:49:32 PM

a lot of things make me smile! What makes me smile is spending time with people that i live and who love me. I also smile when there is a new (and good) change in my life such as a new member of my family being born, getting the newest gl in the mail, making amazing new friends, trying a new food and finding out i love it, getting something really cute for a really good deal when i am shopping, trying out a new hairstyle, or finding a new passion. I also smile when i hear a truly inspiring story, like bethanys. i think its amazing how she went through such a struggle but still managed to chase her dreams, even when everyone around her shot the idea down. I went to go see soul surfer wth my best friend, and we both had HUGE smiles on our faces when the movie ended. I also smile when i help someone or an animal thats in need. another thing that makes me smile is seeing someone else smile. just knowing that theyre happy makes me happy. see, alot of things make me smile(:

by dorito on 8/2/2012 9:16:44 PM

so much makes me smile! What makes me smile is spending time with people who I really love and they love me too. it brings a smile to my face when there is a good change in my life, such as gl coming in the mail, making new friends, finding something really cute for a good deal when i am shopping, trying a new food that i find out i love, or seeing an inspiring story such as bethanys. I saw soul surfer with my best friend and we were both so inspired by bethanys struggle and how she still chased after her dreams even when everyone else shot her down. that brought a HUGE smile to my face (: I smile when I do something to help someone else or animals in need. It makes me smile when other people smile because i realize they are happy and that truly makes me happy too(: see, a lot of things make me smile!(;

by dorito on 8/2/2012 9:02:24 PM

What makes me smile is my family and friends and everything going on in my life!! Things have been tough these last few years but I have bounced back quickly and have smiled more! Listening to Justin Bieber and One Direction makes me smile! Their music so much fun to listen to! It puts a smile on my face every single time!

by Alyssa90011 on 8/2/2012 8:48:30 PM

What makes me happy is when I work hard and accomplish something.Whether I get an A on a test or score a goal in soccer it puts a smile on my face because i know it's something I worked hard for and deserve.
I know these are just little things, but I also know you have to let those little things in life that make you happy takeover the things that aren't worth bringing yourself down over.
Sometimes it can be difficult to keep trying to achieve a goal you have because of the obstacles you encounter along the way. For example, Bethany, after the unfortunate event when you lost your arm, you wanted to continue moving on in life, however, it was hard because things like making breakfast became a challenge. You stayed strong ,as well as kept trying, and look how much you've accomplished.
It makes me smile when I am able to, like you, bypass all obstacles, and accomplish something.

by cass512 on 8/2/2012 8:46:01 PM

What makes me smile is my family and friends!!!! They make days filled with a lot more fun! What also makes me smile is reading the fashion and beauty advice in girls life!

by Alyssa90011 on 8/2/2012 8:40:06 PM

What makes me smile is my family. They encourage me to be the best person I can possibly be and always help me back up on my feet when I fall. They are there for me always. They make me laugh and make me proud and...MAKE ME SMILE!!! I love them dearly. They offer me great advice when I have to make a hard decision or just when I am going through a tough time. They make life fun and enjoyable for me.
Bethany you inspire me to keep going when things seem impossible or too hard to handle. You didn't stop when life threw you a curve ball so why should I? That is what your story has taught me. And to have faith and trust in God. I love you!
As for my smile. I have always been self conscience about my smile. I have gaps between my teeth and usually do not smile with them showing. I would like to get braces but they are too expensive. Winning this braces system would make one of my dreams come true!
Love you!!!
nancy

((last name and email address omitted by mod))
Lauren C.

by nancyann on 8/2/2012 8:38:28 PM

What makes me smile is when I'm playing sports. I get lost in my own world and nothing else matters. After I score a goal or make a basket I know that nothing can stop me from being who I am.

by kittykove2 on 8/2/2012 8:37:36 PM

What makes me smile is a happy crowd after i sing my favorite song. The only reason i don't use my teeth to smile is because i have so many crooked teeth! So i hope i can get this makeover! Smile)

by MomoChick321 on 8/2/2012 8:30:57 PM

What makes me smile?
I smile when... my cats roll on their backs for a belly rub.
When I see a new text from my best friend.
When I check the scale and see I lost a pound.
When my brother is cheesy with a girl he thinks is cute. When I catch the eye of my friends when we hear something that only we could understand.
When I get an A on a final.
When my team wins a volleyball game!!

Just the little things Smile

by girlygirl22werock on 8/2/2012 8:07:10 PM

The things that make me happy make a long list. Olympics, my friends, crushes, my beautiful little sister, family, school, charities... Even celebrities, that have gone through bullying. Even Bethany Hamilton. I have been bullied, but that makes me who I am today, which makes me happy. My little sister and I fight, but we still love each other. I would do anything for her. My friends mean the world to me, as does the rest of my family. My crushes are always friends first so they make me smile, especially when they like me back. School makes me happy because I want to go to college and get an amazing career. Olympics make me happy because, really, sports makes me happy. I would be honored to have my teeth be perfect. No joke. That is basically one thing that I would give so much for.

by happyone123 on 8/2/2012 8:03:01 PM

what makes me smile is being around family and friends that make me happy when im down.when people make me laugh and happy that makes me smile.im always smiling when around happy people.my best friend izzy makes me smie alot he been there for me through everything.making people happy also makes me happy because i feel like im doing something good for someone

by goffyface on 8/2/2012 6:59:34 PM

What makes me smile is when my Girls Life magazine comes in the mail. I love reading the hilarious embarrassing moments, trying out the crafts, and walking out the door in confidence, knowing that GL's fashion tips have me covered. I also like skim boarding. I love the wind in my face and the sound of the waves crashing as I skim board.

by olivia192000 on 8/2/2012 6:14:48 PM

A lot of things make me smile! Whenever something is funny I smile, if it's my family, friends, or just when I'm watching TV and there's something I'll smile or laugh. If something great happens I'll smile! My weird and funny friends make me smile whenever I'm with them!

by PeaceKool on 8/2/2012 5:58:34 PM

A lot of things make me smile;). Like playing sports! Hanging out with my friends! Spending time at the pool! And just being with my family, I also am happy and smiling when I'm at school with all my friends and my aweosome teacher. Also seeing everyone around me smiling and laughing makes me smile.

by ajm123456789 on 8/2/2012 5:41:36 PM

What makes me smile is spending time with my friends and family. What makes me smile is gabbing about my crushes with my best friends and baking cupcakes with my mom and scrap-booking with my grandma. What makes me smile is snuggling with my dog and sleepovers and getting my friends birthday presents. What makes me smile? Being around those who I care for and who care for me. That's what makes me smile.

by elton.elizab14 on 8/2/2012 5:25:29 PM

What makes me smile is life itself. I have had some hard times this past year and it has helped me realize that to be happy you need to smile and let the real you shine through. Even when you are feeling alone god is always with you and it makes me smile everytime I remind myself of that. Bethany has been a HUGE inspiration to me and her story has really given me a better perspective on life.
Whenever im feeling down I turn on Soul Surfer, which I have taped on my DVR. It instantly brings a smile to my face. I would love to meet her some day! She is my hero! What makes me smile is knowing that I can acheive anything I want to as long as I put my mind to it! I love you Bethany!!!!!

by mallorydogs on 8/2/2012 5:04:54 PM

There are tons of things that make me smile! My family can make me laugh and help me to forget about whatever is stressing me out. Then there is my dog Chelsea who brings a huge smile to my face every time I see her. My friends make me smile and laugh ALL the time! We just hang out and have fun! Then there is the barn that I do my horseback riding lessons at. There is this one horse there named Spring who I love and treat like she is mine. Really any time I'm with horses or cantering you can see a huge smile on my face because I'm doing what I love to do most. And last but not least, JESUS! When I'm crying or I just feel really down, I talk to him and imagine him giving me a big hug! That always makes me smile no matter what. Just the fact that he will love you no matter what you do makes me smile!

by surfergirl18 on 8/2/2012 3:36:22 PM

What makes me smile is living out my passion, acting. Being able to become someone else, and simply put a smile on someone's face when they relate to my character. It's a dream, really. I smile when I am blessed enough to make someone's day, just by fighting for what makes my day everyday-- theatre.

by nanayaa on 8/2/2012 3:25:17 PM

What makes me smile is having things to be grateful for, even though we aren't rich or even middle class, I love waking up and seeing my family happy. Knowing that we made it by that month and we can be happy makes me smile Smile

by audie_mae10 on 8/2/2012 2:20:02 PM

what makes me smile is hanging out with my friend sommer. we always make each other laugh. when i'm at my worst she always knows what to do to make me smile and a lot of people compliment on my smile. i already have braces though.

by bhamilton317 on 8/2/2012 2:17:26 PM

what makes me smile is my cats. when I'm sad they always comfort me. when i have trouble falling asleep they curl up next to me and stay until i have fallen asleep. my mom and i are in a cat group and help out cats in our area. seeing those cats go to a good home gives me a warm feeling inside. soon my family is going to adopt a kitten that needs a home. happy cats gives me a happy smile.

by Hanchub on 8/2/2012 12:13:46 PM

Helping people get saved you get this wonderful warm feeling inside.

by MGirlM11 on 8/2/2012 11:47:42 AM

i've never really thought about what makes me smile until i saw this contest. I realized that there are many things in my life that make me smile. I smile when i see my siblings happy, i smile when i think about how much my family has done for me. Lastly, and most importantly, i smile when i make other people smile. I am really greatful and try my best every day to smile and be happy, so the people around me can share the happiness as well.

by Corduroy1999 on 8/2/2012 10:26:26 AM

What makes me smile is having Jesus Christ in my life!!!

by Cupcake1997 on 8/2/2012 9:00:01 AM

What makes me smile is people's testimonies about how gracious God is, it is always amazing hearing what God can do to change lives. And also when I ask my parents for permission to do something and they trust me to do whatever I do. And my bestfriend she always finds a way to make me smile when I'm down, she's so encouraging and best of all she always speaks to me with the word of God, Im glad I can count on her.

by Jacky52 on 8/2/2012 4:47:01 AM

The thing that makes me smile (bear with me) is watching the horrible things on the news. I know that sounds bad but watching the news makes me grateful these things aren't happening to me and my family it makes me thankful that i have a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in, a pair of wonderful, kind, loving, generous, amazing parents that love me no matter what. It makes me smile that I have 3 mind blowing people looking out for me their names are Greg, Brian, and Robyn. They love me very much and somehow have put up with me for the past 12 years. It makes me smile that I have an amazing best friend who has comforted me at my lowest and celebrated me at my highest. She has seen every side of me and for some reason I will never know is still here. These are the things that make me smile and I hope they make you smile too.

by lucascousin on 8/2/2012 2:32:05 AM

What makes ME smile is music. If I'm mad,sad,bored, or happy I listen to music.

by kpopgirl on 8/2/2012 1:54:35 AM

A lot of things make me smile, but helping others brings out the truest smiles and most happiness I think a person could ever see. Going on mission trips and being able to humble myself to help a person not only makes me smile, but causes others to smile also. And to see them smile, even in their hardships brings me overwhelming joy and hope.
Therefore, if possible, I want to give this prize to my friend... I have teeth that are straight enough... and she has had many painful orthodontist visits since she recieved braces when she was very young.
Thanks. Smile

by kczar007 on 8/2/2012 1:03:13 AM

the thought of winning this prize makes me smile!

by connie1118 on 8/1/2012 7:58:03 PM

Waking up refreshed on a Saturday around noon makes me smile!

by connie1118 on 8/1/2012 7:18:12 PM

Waking up refreshed on a Saturday morning about noon.

by connie1118 on 8/1/2012 7:17:18 PM

What makes me smile is all of my family, even though my bro is constantly annoying me! SmileThey are constantly making me laugh (especially my dad) and I'm just soo happy to be around them. I'm also always smiling around my friends! They are absolutely amazing and I love them so much!
My fave band is One Direction. When I turn on their album, Up All Night, on my iPod, I just smile before What Makes You Beautiful even starts! They are my idols and they are all amazing singers. *Love you guys!*
Thanks so much for reading this, Bethany! When I saw Soul Surfer, it inspired me soo much! I love you and you are my idol!
xx
Olivia

by Ostar21 on 8/1/2012 5:21:34 PM

What makes ME smile is my sisters brothers and also my best friends!

My sisters because we always know how to be ourselves around eachother.And they always know when I need cheering up.

My brother because he is so funny and he does the most halarius things. Like just the other day he came up to me and he was dressed in my moms heels and in a dress he looked so funny!
My Best Friends because we know how to be real around each other!

by iluvhungergames on 8/1/2012 5:04:21 PM

what makes me happy is my family friends and team mates. i love getting advice from them to be a better basketball player and just a better person in general. i look up to the senior girls for advice and it makes me happy to know i have many people there for me

by soccer15 on 8/1/2012 4:32:01 PM

What makes me smile (or rather WHO makes me smile) is my best friend and my little brother.

I was born next door to my best friend, we went through a lot together. When I moved away when I was 5 she kept in touch. 8 years after I moved away she still keeps in touch and I get to see her once a month. She knows what makes me laugh and when I cry she knows exactly what cheesy jokes will bring my grin back.

My little brother, though annoying, is possibly the funniest kid on earth. If you even mention the word bicycle then he will bust out to singing and dancing to the band Queen's song "Bicycle Race". It is quite a sight to see! He is so much fun to be around even if he does push my buttons sometimes.

by rachel_m on 8/1/2012 3:26:32 PM

What makes me smile is my family. I love everything about my family. The jokes my brother tells, the sound of my dad's laughter, and my mom's advice. When we spend time together, it always puts a smile on my face.(:

by monicaisfabuluz on 8/1/2012 3:16:23 PM

What makes me smile is cupcakes I love to bake yummy cupcakes for my family and friends and it is so fun to make them it makes me feel great that it is so fun to do things for my friends

by Lemonlime123 on 8/1/2012 2:43:21 PM

what makes me smile are the people i love around me that will always be there for me through thick or thin that also helps me smile and laugh 24/7 <3

by nikkijay on 8/1/2012 2:37:11 PM

What makes me smile is the dogs I work with at an animal shelter I volunteer at. I <3 the dogs there. I just wish there was more than 24 hours in a day to fit more things in. Smile

by rosa3150 on 8/1/2012 2:31:50 PM