6 ways to spice up the predictable movie date
1. Prefer going to the theater? Try lunch and a matinee. The classic Friday or Saturday night movie is foolproof, but leaves you no time left in the day for other things. Mini golf, anyone?
2. Choose the movie ahead of time, and then make it a themed date. Hit up the pizza joint if the flick is set in NYC. Better yet: dress up like the characters, whether it’s set in the groovy ‘60s or outer space.
3. If you’re watching a funny movie at home, try making a fort out of sheets and blankets and bring the popcorn. Watching the flick from inside the fort is a playful approach to the movie date.
4. The more, the merrier! Make it a double date or invite the whole crew for non-stop fun. To sneak in some alone time with your guy, ask your friends come just for the movie and grab dinner as a duo.
5. Here’s a way to guarantee two dates: watch each of your fave movies together. This will be a surefire way to get to know your man and his interests. Ask him questions, like why why it’s his favorite and when he first saw it. You can also offer a fresh perspective that he’ll def love to hear.
6. Change up the kind of movie. If you lean towards seeing a certain type of movie, grab tix to something new. This can change the whole atmosphere of the date, which will keep things fresh.
Love this post? You'll heart these too...
Oh snap! Get the latest from GL on Instagram.