FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Deck the halls! Snowflake lanterns
In our December/January 2010 issue, GL's editors spilled their favorite holiday crafts, recipes and DIY gifts. This year, we're bringing them back, just in time for the holidays!
Here's associate editor Trish's how-to on making illuminated snowflake paper lanterns to decorate your home and front yard.
Brown paper bags
Battery-operated tea lights
1. Fold the bag in half lengthwise and then fold again.
2. Cut in designs (like how you make paper snowflakes).
3. Open the bag and pour two scoops of sand or birdseed into the bottom.
4. Grab a battery-operated tea light and place in the center of the bag (on the sand or birdseed).
5. Line your driveway or walkway, place on your porch or window sill, wherever you would like glowing fun.