FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Create your own eco-friendly Furoshiki gift wrap
Furoshiki, the ancient Japanese art of wrapping, can make your gifts a li’l greener. Learn the Yotsu Musubi folding pattern below, then teach your fam!
How-to: Make your own Furoshiki square fabric based on the directions in the Dec/Jan ’12 issue. Or, use a vintage silk scarf or large handkerchief.
To fold the 4-Tie Wrap (Yostu Musubi):
1. Lay fabric square on a flat surface. Place gift diagonally on the fabric.
2. Bring up opposite corners and tie them once in the middle.
3. Ends of the tie should point towards bare corners.
4. Bring up the remaining two corners and tie on top of first tie, with the ends of the tie facing in the opposite direction.
5. Arrange so each flap adequately covers one side of the box, and the bow on top has four ends peeking out.
6. Pull ties tight and voilà!
Heart this post? You’ll love these, too!Want more ways to get GL? Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter!