FAB UP YOUR LIFE
DIY cutoffs in a snap
What you’ll need:
An old pair of jeans that fit (preferably not ones with stretch)
Pen or pencil
What you’ll do:
1. Try on your jeans to decide just how long you want them.
2. With your jeans still on, use safety pins to mark the length you want your shorts to be.
3. Take ‘em off, turn them inside out and lay them flat on a table.
4. Using a ruler and pen or pencil, draw a line along where you pinned your pants.
5. Now, it’s time to cut. Holding your scissors at a slight angle, cut along the line you drew, being careful not to cut the pockets. Remember, when in doubt, cut ‘em longer than you think you want them. You can always go back and make them shorter!
6. Toss your shorts into the wash to jumpstart the fraying process along the edges.