MAKE IT CUTE
Get a magical mani featuring your Insta snaps
Picture this: you’re perusing Instagram and come across a gorgeous DIY nail design. You get everything you need (fine-tipped paintbrush, Q-tips, the works) and carefully try to recreate it. Next thing you know, you’ve got a C-list version of the gorgeous nail art in the pic – definitely not Insta-worthy.
Now, you can skip the middleman and get right to the mani you want. A new app called NailSnaps (and other similar sites and apps like Jamberry, myNCLA, and INNI) lets you upload a pic right from your Insta, Facebook, or camera to create a custom nail art design. The press-on nail wraps act like super-durable polish and can last anywhere from 1-2 weeks.
What you’ll need:
- A totally cute pic
- $$ (prices vary depending on which service you use)
- A nail file
- A hair dryer (depending on which service you choose)
1. Get the App. Again, there are a couple of choices here, but we like NailSnaps (it’s super easy and a little cheaper than some of the others). Get it HERE.
2. Pick your pic. A beautiful sunset, your fave celeb, your sleepy kitty…you can now rock anything on your nails. Just pull it off FB, Insta, or your camera roll.
3. Adjust, Adjust, Adjust. Decide which part or part of the image you want for your mani.
4. Wait it out. Getting your wraps shipped can take about a week. Sigh…snail mail….
5. Apply and file. Apply the curved part of the wraps a little above your cuticle, press down, and file away any excess. (Some require using a hair dryer for application).
6. Snap a pic. Post a shot of your gorgeous new mani and start all over! If you’re feeling crazy, use the pic of your NailSnaps mani as the pic for your new one…Insta-ception.
Photo credit: Nailsnaps.com
So what do you think of this new trend? Planning to get your own custom nail wraps? Let us know!