FAB UP YOUR LIFE
This DIY phone case is a must for spring
We’re majorly feeling the need to spring clean...and that includes changing up our phone case too. Get in touch with nature without putting your phone down with this pressed flower case DIY. The best part about this project? It’s super cheap. Carnation petals, baby’s breath, tulip petals and hydrangeas—take a walk in the beautiful spring weather to gather your supplies. The more colorful the better!
- Clear tape
- Clear craft glue
- Flat, solid phone case
- Parchment paper
- 2 clear plastic cups
- 2 wooden craft sticks
- 50/50 clear-casting epoxy resin (Easy Cast is a great one)
- Acetone (or a nail polish remover with acetone)
- Glitter (optional)
1. Arrange the flowers on top of the back of the case in the way you’ll want to appear in the finished product.
2. Tape parchment paper over your workspace so that you’ll be prepared if things get messy.
3. In a well-vented area, begin to prepare the resin by putting your ruler inside the plastic cup and marking it with two lines at ⅜ of an inch and ¾ of an inch with the marker.
4. Have your timer set to two minutes before you begin this step.Slowly pour the resin to the ⅜ line then pour the hardener to the ¾ line.
5. Begin the time. With one of the wooden craft sticks, stir the mixture for 2 minutes. If you’re using glitter, add it in now.
6. Next, set the timer for 1 minute and pour the contents of the first cup into the second cup. Stir for 1 minute. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes after.
7. Slowly pour the resin onto the center of the case. Less is more here. Use the other wooden craft stick to spread the resin to the sides of the case. Make sure to cover all the flowers and blow on any bubbles you see to get rid of them.
8. Let the case dry for 2 hours and wipe away any excess resin on the edges with a Q-tip.
9. Once the case is dry, add another coat of resin if needed.
That’s it! Put your phone in your newly-designed case and you’re good to go.
What kind of phone do you have? Do you have a lot of different cases for it? Let us know in the comments!Like this? You'll love these, too...
+ Meet the geode hair trend that's about to be everywhere
+ 11 stylish unicorn products that will make every girl feel magical
+ Break these 5 habits to be a happier person