MAKE IT CUTE
Add some sparkle to your life with DIY geode bath bombs
Geodes are the latest trend taking over our lives (including our hair!) right now and when you combine them with bath bombs, it's a dream come true. If you haven't heard of them before, geodes are just small rocks with a hollow inside filled with crystals—and they're also crazy beautiful. Check out the step-by-step directions below on how to make your own gem-inspired bath bombs.
What you'll need:
- 1 tablespoon Epsom salt
- 1 tablespoon dead sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- Flexible cupcake molds
- Food or soap coloring (whatever you like)
- Essential oil (optional)
1. Put 1 tablespoon of coarse sea salt in separate bowl and add 1 drop of food or soap coloring (you can add two drops and combine colors if you want). Stir well to combine and let the salt sit to absorb all the coloring.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of shea butter and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a bowl in the microwave. You want to make sure everything is melted together, but don't let it get super hot. After everything is melted, add a few drops of whatever your favorite essential oil is and stir.
3. Pour about 1/2 tablespoon of the oil and butter mixture into the cupcake molds. Combine the dead sea salt and epsom salt in a bowl and sprinkle around the edges of the molds. Add the colored salt to the center.
4. Let the bath bombs dry and harden in the molds and pop them out as soon as they look done. Use them whenever you take a bath!
Have you ever made your own bath bombs? How did they work out? Let us know in the comments below!
Photo credit: The Makeup Dummy