MAKE IT CUTE
This weekend calls for a summer movie night with the squad
Summer is such a sweet time of the year: hanging by the pool with your besties, traveling with the fam, flirting with your crush outside of the stuffy school hallways. Ahhhhh, glorious summer. There's not a chance you'll waste a second of your free time planning a party, which is why GL has done all the work for you. We've got your Saturday plans sorted: a summer movie night with the besties, complete with amaze photo opps, a delish snack and one wow-worthy DIY. Whip up these simple projects, invite your best babes and the fun will follow!
First, let's get crafty. Start by making this Insta-worthy photobooth for you and your friends to snap selfies in:
What you'll need:
White poster board
Clear packing tape
Colored square paper
A glue gun
1. Take a piece of paper and fold it like an accordion.
2. Then, fold the entire paper in half "hamburger style," so that the two sides meet. Secure sides together with hot glue.
3. Repeat these steps with two more pieces of paper.
4. Place the three "fans" together so that the creased ends are touching each other. Then, glue the flat edges together, forming a circle.
5. Repeat these steps until you have the number of circles you want (that number is up to you!). Try mixing and matching colors or add more sheets of paper to make different sizes!
6. Form the backdrop by taping the poster boards together. Then simply pin the fans to the poster board in any arrangement you'd like.
For photo booth props, you can find some super cute ones here.
What's a movie night without popcorn to munch on? Add some flavor to your bag of buttery-goodness with these fun spice mixes:
Cool Ranch: 2 Tablespoons powdered cheese, 1 teaspoons onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1 teaspoon dried chives, 1/2 teaspoon turbinado sugar, 1 teaspoon salt.
Barbeque: 1 teaspoon chicken bullion, 2 teaspoons smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder.
Source: Easy Peazy Mealz.
And now, the grand finale DIY: a homemade projector. Yes, you read that right! This project will seriously impress your pals and with a big screen, you can invite even more of your friends to join in the fun (maybe text that cutie from camp you've had your eye on, hmmm?).
What you'll need:
1. On the short end of the box, use the magnifying glass to trace a circle. Cut it out with the X-Acto knife.
2. Line up the lens of the magnifying glass with the hole in the box and secure with the tape. Completely cover any cracks so that light doesn't escape.
3. Support your phone so that it stands horizantly in the box.
4. Point the projector at a wall or hanging sheet.
5. Shift the phone forward or back to focus.
6. Pick a flick and voila, your very own projector.
What is your favorite summer movie? Will you be making any of these DIYs this weekend? Share in the comments!