FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Linguini di Spinaci
Trade in your boring, greasy mac 'n' cheese for this healthier pasta. Not only is it yummy, but its nutritional ingredients make it a great way to get a jump start on a healthier body for spring break!
What You'll Need:
1 pound linguini
1-10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large cloves garlic
1/4 cup white flour
1 cups 1% or 2% milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon each: cayenne pepper and nutmeg
Freshly ground pepper
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese
What You'll Do:
1. Put water in large pot on to boil for the pasta.
2. Put thawed spinach in a colander to drain.
3. Peel the garlic and chop into tiny pieces.
4. In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium high heat until melted.
5. Stir in garlic for about 30 seconds until soft, then whisk in the flour for a few seconds until bubbly.
6. Pour in the milk, add the spices, and lower the heat to mdeium.
7. Stir the sauce occasionally until thickened (about three minutes), then remove from heat.
8. Put the pasta in the boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
9. While pasta is cooking, stir the spinach and cheese into the sauce and simmer for not more than two minutes or the spinach will be overcooked.
10. Drain the pasta well in a colander.
11. Put into a large bowl and pour on the sauce.