FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Zesty zucchini fries
1 medium zucchini
1 egg, beaten
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Wash your zucchini and cut off the top and bottom ends. Then, slice the zucchini lengthwise into halves, again into quarters, and again into eighths. Cut them in half so that they look like sticks.
Note: You can cut your zucchini any way you like. Depending on the thickness or thinness of your sticks, you might need to adjust the cooking time. I prefer thinner, shorter sticks.
2. Season your beaten egg with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Note: Chances are the bread crumbs are pretty salty already, so keep the salt light in the eggs. You can also hold the yolk and just use egg whites to up the health factor.
3. In a bowl or on a plate, mix together the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
4. Coat your zucchini in egg, then roll them around in the bread crumb mixture until they are mostly coated in crumbly goodness.
5. Place them on a cookie sheet covered in aluminum foil.
6. Bake in an oven at 400 degrees (F.) for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot with a dipping sauce of your choice. I taste-tested them with a sour cream-based dill dip, but a marinara sauce would be a scrumptious and elegant twist on classic ketchup.