FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Mexican hot chocolate
Did you know hot chocolate originated in Mexico?
To the Mayans and Aztecs, it became a ceremonial drink. They served it at room temp with just a hint of spicy chili peppers! Sip on this pipin’ hot twist on old-school hot cocoa and get in touch with your inner goddess.
Ingredients for One Serving:
Pinch of ground cinnamon
1. Pour your mug-measured milk into a saucepan and simmer on low-heat.
2. Stir in 3 teaspoons of powdered hot chocolate mix until completely combined.
3. Once the mix is combined, add in the cinnamon and nutmeg and stir well.
4. Continue stirring until your hot cocoa is warmed to your liking. Don’t let it boil! It’s at a good temp when you can see steam starting to rise from the surface.
5. Carefully pour into a mug and plop a few marshmallows on top. For an elegant finishing touch, drop in a cinnamon stick. Delish!
Want a drink that’s closer to the original? Use 3 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons of sugar, a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of chili powder. You can serve it cold if ya want, but we’d recommend keepin’ that part of the recipe a smidge more modern.