FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Warm up with a mug of Butterbeer
For deets on this top-notch drink and a thirst-quenching cold version, check out chicaandjo.com/butterbeer.
1 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of honey
1/2 cup of powdered sugar, divided
1 teaspoon of cornstarch
1 teaspoon of vanilla butter and nut flavoring
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
Butterscotch ice cream topping
Having trouble finding the vanilla butter and nut flavoring? Check a local specialty cooking store or order it online from Chica and Jo here.
1. Whip the cream and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar with a mixer or whisk until it’s stiff, then set aside.
2. Add the flavoring to the bottom of the mug.
3. Combine the milk, honey, the remaining ¼ cup of powdered sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly.
4. As soon as the mixture boils, remove the pan from heat. Allow to cool for one minute, then pour it into a mug. Stir well to incorporate the flavoring, which will turn the drink a golden, buttery color.
5. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with butterscotch topping, then serve it up! Yum.