FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Chewy, gooey Rice Krispie chicks
Ingredients for about 24 chicks:
1/2 cup margarine or butter
7 cups Kelloggs Rice Krispies
1 lb mini marshmallows
Yellow Food coloring
mini chocolate chips
Candy for beaks such as candy corn, jelly beans, or chocolate covered sunflower seeds
Pretzel sticks or twists for legs
1. Melt ½-cup margarine or butter in a large saucepan on low heat.
2. Add 1 lb mini marshmallows and stir constantly to avoid burnt marshmallows.
3. Add about 10 drops of yellow food coloring after the marshmallows are completely melted and stir until uniform in color. You can adjust the amount of food coloring based on your color preference.
4. Remove from heat and stir in 7 cups of Kelloggs Rice Krispies
5. Set aside for about 10 minutes or until the Rice Krispie treats are comfortable to handle. You want them to be warm so they are easy to work with.
6. Spray your hands with non-stick spray or coat with margarine. If the Rice Krispies start sticking to you, add some more non-stick spray to your hands.
7. Take small handfuls of Rice Krispie treats and form into an flattened oval or rounded triangle shape to form the chick's body
8. While the chicks are still warm, decorate the chicks according to your preference. We used: mini and regular chocolate chips for eyes; candy corn, jellybeans, or chocolate covered sunflower seeds for a beak; pretzels for legs or feet.
9. While the chicks are setting up, use food coloring to color some buttercream frosting yellow. Using a grass piping tip (#233), pipe little tufts of hair on each chick.